Flying to Fort Lauderdale, but sailing from Miami

None of the hotels will shuttle from Ft. Laud. to Miami....

If you check SAS Transportation, they go between the 2 cities...

If you get to Miami, and stay there, you can take a cab to port in the morning.

Does anyone have a good hotel recommendation where we can get a shuttle to the port?

Fairfield Inn and Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port offers a Miami Pre Cruise package including a one way shuttle to Miami cruise port.

It also has complimentary shuttle from Fort Lauderdale airport to the hotel when you land.

Added their rate details:

Rate Details

Miami Pre-Cruise package, includes 1 way transfer, see Rate details

Additional Information

Miami Pre Cruise Package-One Way Package

Includes one way scheduled transfer for two to Port of Miami

Transportation to/from Fort Lauderdale Airport

Complimentary parking for up to 30 days

Continental breakfast

15 percent off dining (local restaurants)

Transportation to/from Oakwood Plaza from 4pm - 10pm

**Will receive two transfer vouchers upon check in to present

to Ft. Lauderdale shuttles located in the hotel lobby

Holding Your Reservation

We will need a credit card number to reserve your room.

Cancelling Your Reservation

You may cancel your reservation for no charge until September 14, 2016 (1 day before arrival).

Please note that we will assess a fee of 187.59 USD if you must cancel after this deadline.

If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

I would always prefer to stay in Miami. Such a more interesting city. Better restaurants, better beaches, better shopping. Miami actually has some culture. Ft. Lauderdale is about as soulless as your local shopping mall.

I'll disagree.

I'd take Fort Lauderdale over Miami anyyyyyyday.

We always fly into Fll and stay there prior to a cruise out of Miami. One of our favorite hotels is the Hyatt Place on 17th Street. It offers the conveince of proximity to Total wine, market, resturants and includes breakfast.

The trip from Ft. Lauderdale to the port of Miami is a quick shuttle ride directly to the ship. As someone already posted, SAS is very reliable as are other shuttle services and we paid $15pp in February.

Hal

Always check out reviews on hotels. I live in Ft Laud and know where this hotel is and would not stay here.

There are numerous better hotels in Ft Laud area to stay at and take a shuttle to Miami port which should take you 30-45 min depending on traffic.

Edited by brenderlou

I used Larry's limo from FLL airport to Miami and stayed in the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. They had a free shuttle to the port. Larry's Limo and the shuttle were great. Very efficient.

Edited by twinsbur
spelling

I'll disagree.... I'd take Fort Lauderdale over Miami anyyyyyyday.

Oh my goodness, agreed!! Fort Lauderdale is amazing. :) I guess it depends on what you're looking for. We love to relax a few days pre-cruise, and that is our destination of choice.

EDITED to add:

I would eat at Duffy's ;)

We're going there next visit, on your recommendation. :) Thanks, g/f.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Oh my goodness, agreed!! Fort Lauderdale is amazing. :) I guess it depends on what you're looking for. We love to relax a few days pre-cruise, and that is our destination of choice.

It's like a warm, generic Canada... So I can totally see that. Personally, I want to feel like I'm experiencing something I can't at home.

Well, if you want to stay in the most generic place in Florida, have at it. Maybe you can go to dinner at Chili's while you're there....

Whatever you say. Thanks for your opinion, but I disagree.

And in case you were wondering, I have been to both and stayed multiple times in both cities. I prefer Fort Lauderdale. I do not find it to be generic, but maybe that's because I don't eat at Chili's. I have no desire to return to Miami.

Does anyone have a good hotel recommendation where we can get a shuttle to the port?

We are doing the same thing. We found SAS transportation that will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the port. They also do a return trip from port to airport in Ft Lauderdale.. Check them out...

I would always prefer to stay in Miami. Such a more interesting city. Better restaurants, better beaches, better shopping. Miami actually has some culture. Ft. Lauderdale is about as soulless as your local shopping mall.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I strongly disagree.. Miami is much more expensive in it's shuttles, hotels, food. Cheaper to go to Ft Lauderdale, and catch a shuttle from there...

Well, if you want to stay in the most generic place in Florida, have at it. Maybe you can go to dinner at Chili's while you're there....

Why are you so RUDE and hostile?? There is plenty of culture, and beautiful things to do and see in Ft Lauderdale.. AND much safer in many more areas.....