Royal Family Suite VS 2 Balconies

Booked a RFS for 4 adults and 1 2yo for the allure this November is about $7800. With the 1-2-free sail promo i called to see if the price went down, and it did, $32. So i started pricing out possibly getting 2 balconies which previously were about $3400 a piece, but are now about $2400.

I know it all about what i'm comfortable paying, and i am ok with either option, just curious to see if people think that the extra $3000 is worth it for the perks that come with the RFS(i.e. CK, CL, big balcony with hot tub, living room.)

Well, I can look at it two ways:

1) 3,000 is a lot of money that can pay for an additional cruise. Pros:

-Adults will have more privacy in 2 separate staterooms

-You can open the balcony divider for a bigger shared balcony

-You can use that money for specialty restaurants and shore excursions

2) Go ahead and splurge because the suite experience will be great! Pros:

-You'll be more pampered

-Never been to CK but I'm betting it's better than main dining room

I guess it depends on how easy the $3,000 is to come by in your household. For us, we'd probably do 2 balconies...if the price differential was $1,500 or less I would say stick with the suite.

Either way you can't go wrong!

Booked a RFS for 4 adults and 1 2yo for the allure this November is about $7800. With the 1-2-free sail promo i called to see if the price went down, and it did, $32. So i started pricing out possibly getting 2 balconies which previously were about $3400 a piece, but are now about $2400.

I know it all about what i'm comfortable paying, and i am ok with either option, just curious to see if people think that the extra $3000 is worth it for the perks that come with the RFS(i.e. CK, CL, big balcony with hot tub, living room.)

The suite perks would not be worth $3K to us. That's another cruise.:)

Which ship? Didn't think RFS had a hot tub.

I was recently in a suite with access to CK on Harmony. I was "worried" that the suite experience would sway our decision for future cruises. It definitely has but not like you would think. I did not find anything special about being in a suite and coastal kitchen was no better that the MDR. The diamond plus lounge was far more fun than sitting around snotty toffees. The service was far superior in the DL also.

I was recently in a suite with access to CK on Harmony. I was "worried" that the suite experience would sway our decision for future cruises. It definitely has but not like you would think. I did not find anything special about being in a suite and coastal kitchen was no better that the MDR. The diamond plus lounge was far more fun than sitting around snotty toffees. The service was far superior in the DL also.

Sorry you had such a poor experience. Never made it to SL on Oasis, but CK was the highlight of the cruise. Hands down better than GT, Sabor, and MTD. But that's just my opinion

Sorry you had such a poor experience. Never made it to SL on Oasis, but CK was the highlight of the cruise. Hands down better than GT, Sabor, and MTD. But that's just my opinion

It was the inaugural so the experience may not be analogous to other ships. For scientific purposes only, I may be FORCED to try another suite just to be sure...:p

It was the inaugural so the experience may not be analogous to other ships. For scientific purposes only, I may be FORCED to try another suite just to be sure...:p

Stick to the routes she was designed for and you'll be fine

we just did a 7 day on the Harmony just to be able to try things like the Coastal kitchen and thought it was excellent much better than any dining room we have been in.

We also like the suite experience when you go to Labadee...their private island.

You get the gated, suite beach which a hundred percent better. very sandyAttendants watch your stuff, they get you your chairs & floats(which are included), barbecue is upgraded with no big lines.

Last time we were there it was VERY hot. I wanted to go to the straw market but did not want to walk. I asked the attendant at the gate where I should wait for the shuttle. He said you do not have to wait because you are in a suite & he blew a whistle for a golf cart to take us. They also picked us up when we were through and when we were ready to do back to the ship...they took us.

Remember also, except for the comedy show, you do not need reservations with your suite key card so you can be more flexible with your time.

Internet is now included for the whole cruise for suites. The suite lounge was open most of the day for drinks.

We had the RFSuite once on Oasis...loved itt ! There was no hot tub.

Well, I can look at it two ways:

1) 3,000 is a lot of money that can pay for an additional cruise. Pros:

-Adults will have more privacy in 2 separate staterooms

-You can open the balcony divider for a bigger shared balcony

-You can use that money for specialty restaurants and shore excursions

2) Go ahead and splurge because the suite experience will be great! Pros:

-You'll be more pampered

-Never been to CK but I'm betting it's better than main dining room

I guess it depends on how easy the $3,000 is to come by in your household. For us, we'd probably do 2 balconies...if the price differential was $1,500 or less I would say stick with the suite.

Either way you can't go wrong!

I've sailed in a few different suites in the past, perks have always been a big plus. Then again, at the time, i wasn't paying for them(thanks dad-in-law.) CK and the ability to grab some drinks all day in the CL are the biggest draws now. Not really interested in a drink package since we'll have the 2.5yo, same reason we aren't sure how much we'll do excursions besides beach days. Not to mention having my MIL and SIL with us to watch my son at night in our room if needed.

Maybe i'll see if there are connecting balcony rooms, or at least next to each other and use the savings for specialty restaurants and to off set the flights and hotels.

Thanks for the feed back everyone

We also like the suite experience when you go to Labadee...their private island.

You get the gated, suite beach which a hundred percent better. very sandyAttendants watch your stuff, they get you your chairs & floats(which are included), barbecue is upgraded with no big lines.

Last time we were there it was VERY hot. I wanted to go to the straw market but did not want to walk. I asked the attendant at the gate where I should wait for the shuttle. He said you do not have to wait because you are in a suite & he blew a whistle for a golf cart to take us. They also picked us up when we were through and when we were ready to do back to the ship...they took us.

Remember also, except for the comedy show, you do not need reservations with your suite key card so you can be more flexible with your time.

Internet is now included for the whole cruise for suites. The suite lounge was open most of the day for drinks.

We had the RFSuite once on Oasis...loved itt ! There was no hot tub.

I forgot about free internet, and the nicer beach access. We sailed in the aqua suite on oasis, best room we've stayed in so far, better than the presidential on freedom

we just did a 7 day on the Harmony just to be able to try things like the Coastal kitchen and thought it was excellent much better than any dining room we have been in.

Great to know, we've heard lots of great things about CK. We've got a total of 12 people going and were told we shouldn't have too hard a time having at least 1 dinner with everyone in there

Some things to consider, have you tried 2 GS which would give you the same benefit and may be cheaper.

I still would go with the suite for the following reasons:

I do like the fact that all people get internet access which makes staying in touch when travelling with a group much easier.

Also, the embarkation and disembarkation with luggage valet is a nice benefit especially cruising with grandparents and small children.

CK has a nice kids menu.

No making reservations for shows other than the comedy show, you just show up which sometimes work well with little ones.

The suite sun deck is nice, however it is 2 decks away from the pool, but would be a nice meeting point especially with the grandparents.

Dining en suite with the MDR menu in case the kids are exhausted.

Never having to wait in line at gs or shore excursions as the concierge can take care of most requests.

Great to know, we've heard lots of great things about CK. We've got a total of 12 people going and were told we shouldn't have too hard a time having at least 1 dinner with everyone in there

we had a group of 10 and had dinner twice in CK.

Trust me, once you suite you will never go back.

We used to do Deluxe Balcony then upgraded to a suite. Never will be the same again.

I've only ever cruised in a suite so i'm used to most of the benefits. Never experienced CK though and enjoy getting double points. The price difference is pretty big though and i'm not sure its worth the extra perks