Periscope and a Responsive Review on Allure of the Seas July 3rd, 2016

Hi all,

We will be heading to S. Florida in less than a week! We plan to be live streaming on the Allure via the Periscope app while also attempting to answer any questions you may have here regarding the ship.

It's an Eastern itinerary: Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Kitts.

This is our first time on Allure although we have been on Oasis a few times.

We have no children with us on this cruise so we "should" have some extra time?? Thank you grandparents!! We plan to get about 3 days without them before we start missing them lol.

Please post any requests you want pics or video of.

We will have to visit Sabor and Coastal Kitchen with all of these amazing reviews.

VOOM is new to us. We've always treasured cruises for being disconnected from the business world's emails or calls. We're going to attempt to combat that with turning off WiFi calling, setting it to airplane mode and I'm going to move my email app off my phone's screen as it can be a habit to click! However, this should allow us to Skype with the kids, at sea, which will be cool!

My Periscope Id is: LennyInFlorida

Following you Lenny. Do you suppose they will have fireworks?

Wow, I hope so but I am honestly unsure due to it not being a holiday that a lot of the non-Americans on the ship would celebrate.

Also, now that I think about it... Since it's a fire hazard I doubt it even more haha! The most I can hope for is an American themed desert coupled with cruising past some Caribbean islands with Americans celebrating with fireworks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

They did fireworks from the Breakaway when we were on board. So it isn't impossible. :) And Disney does it all the time.

Wow that's great! I sure hope we can see something similar, thanks!

Wow, I hope so but I am honestly unsure due to it not being a holiday that a lot of the non-Americans on the ship would celebrate.

Also, now that I think about it... Since it's a fire hazard I doubt it even more haha! The most I can hope for is an American themed desert coupled with cruising past some Caribbean islands with Americans celebrating with fireworks.

Hi Lenny.

We have been on Oasis Class ships two times on the 4th of July. There are no fireworks but they do decorate the RP with red, white and blue balloons, they have cake and did a "party" as well in the RP.

I will be tagging along here as well as on periscope. Have a great time.

Andrew

Yay Lenny! Glad your sail date is finally approaching soon. You'll have to tell us what they do for the holiday.

I'm also interested in the itinerary. A few cool new itineraries for Allure lately.

I'll be checking in here and on Periscope. I know you'll both have a wonderful time. :)

Please post any requests you want pics or video of.

My Periscope Id is: LennyInFlorida

On Allure in 2011 and 2013, what was called "Captain's Corner" was held in the Aquatheater and it actually had the Captain, Hotel Director, and Engineering person, and the CD. I'm told on rainy days it was moved to the main theater, but I had nice weather both times. Anyway, On Oasis The Captain's corner was held in the Comedy studio and was only the Captain. The venue was way to small for all that wanted to attend and was a bit of a disappointment compared to previous Allure events. I'll be curious to see if its changed on Oasis. It usually in one of the last 2 sea days.

Hi Lenny.

We have been on Oasis Class ships two times on the 4th of July. There are no fireworks but they do decorate the RP with red, white and blue balloons, they have cake and did a "party" as well in the RP.

I will be tagging along here as well as on periscope. Have a great time.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for following along!

This is great news. Cake and Parties?? Thanks for sharing this yum and fun!

Valerie and I are now looking forward to this red/white/blue day in one week.

Is July 4 a sea day, or Nassau? Maybe they will show some fireworks on the Aqua Theater screen.

Hi Packer, yes, Nassau, Bahamas 7:00 AM-2:00 PM. I anticipate we will be pretty far from Nassau by the time the sun sets at around 8:30 PM... It will be neat if I see them off of some other islands though. I'll definitely try to scope that if it's available.

On Allure in 2011 and 2013, what was called "Captain's Corner" was held in the Aquatheater and it actually had the Captain, Hotel Director, and Engineering person, and the CD. I'm told on rainy days it was moved to the main theater, but I had nice weather both times. Anyway, On Oasis The Captain's corner was held in the Comedy studio and was only the Captain. The venue was way to small for all that wanted to attend and was a bit of a disappointment compared to previous Allure events. I'll be curious to see if its changed on Oasis. It usually in one of the last 2 sea days.

Hi Bill, that sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out and see if it's still available.