Carnival Pride with 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids), Inside cabin...

Matt&Carolyn

... would it be crazy crowded or not too bad? The price is good for the 4 of us (our kids would be about 5 and 3). :)

How exactly would it work? Are there pulldown bun beds on each wall above the twin-converted-to-queen on the floor? Or is one of the beds a mattress on the floor? Anyone have a picture?

We're used to spending a week or so on vacation in a single hotel room (obviously a little bigger, but Disney Value resorts aren't that much more ;)), and we wouldn't spend that much time in the room anyway, so it doesn't seem terrible unless I'm just not thinking it all through.

I have seen four adults in a room and it wasn't something I would want to be a part of. Two adults and two kids might be a bit better, but those rooms are only around 180 square feet, which is about the size of a bedroom in an average house. Personally I would rather have two connecting rooms if the price wasn't drastically more.

The bunks will fold down from the wall, or possibly out of the ceiling (depending on the ship class). Those bunks can be flipped up or raised during the day to create more room. If the room does not have two upper bunks, your steward will set up a roll away bed in the evening. If you and your spouse are not sticklers for sharing a bed, you could ask the steward to leave the regular beds apart to give more floor space in the middle of the room.

I recently cruised with 5 in an inside cabin and the "kids" were teenagers, so it was like bunking in the room with five adults. I didn't think it was bad at all. We were on the Inspiration, but the room size should be identical on your ship...maybe just set up slightly different. Here is my review with photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1498944

... would it be crazy crowded or not too bad? The price is good for the 4 of us (our kids would be about 5 and 3). :)

How exactly would it work? Are there pulldown bun beds on each wall above the twin-converted-to-queen on the floor? Or is one of the beds a mattress on the floor? Anyone have a picture?

We're used to spending a week or so on vacation in a single hotel room (obviously a little bigger, but Disney Value resorts aren't that much more ;)), and we wouldn't spend that much time in the room anyway, so it doesn't seem terrible unless I'm just not thinking it all through.

We have been on this ship, as well as on her sister ship The Miracle. We had 7176 which slept 4, and that was with Me, DH, DD (18) and her friend (17). While it could get crowded at times (getting everyone showered and dressed for Elegant Night), it was certainly worth the price. I am attaching pictures...1 shows the 2 beds (counch converted and the overhead one from the ceiling), the 2nd shows where the king bed is set up.

With children of 5 and 3, it should be a breeze !

You can check out cruiselinerooms dot com for pictures of various categories of cabins. Make sure you check out all of the Spirit class ships (Spirit, Miracle, Legend and Pride)...each one will have different pictures. Having a deck plan open within another window is also helpful to bounce back and forth between the two.

Good luck with the planning...I find this to be the best part of the trip (until I get on the ship and the Vacation begins !!).

Enjoy your cruise.

1823486586_cruise1041.jpg.34a76ca395a4170fb1a80c6790193720.jpg

2146054335_cruise1042.jpg.92a0f8d438eb3f082342e18f69cffe47.jpg

While it could get crowded at times (getting everyone showered and dressed for Elegant Night)

We had 5 in the cabin and no problem at all with showers. Three out of the five days on the ship I showered in the spa in order to make it easier on everyone else. The mirror in the stateroom is huge and right next to an outlet. It's easy to use that mirror for hair/makeup while others are showering.

And we didn't run into any "lines" for the shower other than one morning. We didn't shower in the evenings for elegant night and sometimes one or two people chose to shower before bed in the evenings instead of in the morning.

It should work out alright for you with 2 small kids. The inside rooms on Pride are somewhere around 170-175 sq.ft. (listed as 185 but they're not). I did 4 adults in a 185 sq.ft. room, and it didn't feel too cramped. A little bit smaller room with 2 kids & 2 adults should be fine. The showers in the gym locker rooms can be used by anyone. The stalls are larger and nicer than the shower in your room. So you could utilize those. There is plenty of storage space in these rooms. Just don't overpack.

This is a picture I found of a 170-175 sf inside for 4. I blocked out the people in it, since it's not my pic. The regular beds below can be together or separate, but if they're together, you lose all your floor space, and you risk banging your head as you struggle to get out of bed. That would be especially hard in the middle of the night.

Interiorw2uppers.jpg

Interiorw2uppers.jpg

We were on the Pride & this is the configuration that would have allowed 4 in our inside room. It is doable... Remember that you can do laundry on the ship - minimize the bags. & I would probably try to use an over the door organizer to also help with storage/clutter...

If you go on the smaller ships as you can see in the pics posted there is no storage in BR so I'd get the over the door thingy for sure.

When I packed with my kids they picked outfits and rolled them up. When they went to get ready they had everything they needed in one little bundle.

It's imperative things get stowed. My son's size 13 shoes were killer if left on the floor where you'd trip over them.

If you go on the smaller ships as you can see in the pics posted there is no storage in BR so I'd get the over the door thingy for sure.

Clearly you haven't been on one of Carnival's smallest ships! This is the same link I posted in the third post of this thread. I'm. reposting it here for your convenience. I included photos of all of the storage areas in my thread. Storage is so abundant that I didn't even need half of it and I traveled with 2 adults and three teens on a 5-night cruise! (Ok, I stand corrected...I see you've even been on the same ship I was on...the Inspiration. How can you possibly say there is no storage in the Inspiration rooms????)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1498944

The smallest ships have 3 LARGE closets with amply shelving space, a large desk surface with 4 drawers, two nightstands with storage, a "shelf" on the fake window (inside room), a shelf under the television, a shelf in the bathroom, and TONS of room under the bed.

We brought the over-the-door organizer for the bathroom and it was certainly convenient since we had five in the room, but we could have gotten by very easily without it if we moved one of the nightstands closer to the bathroom and used it to store toiletries. We also used a closet organizer to store shoes, but next time I won't bother bringing it. There's PLENTY of room under the bed for shoes, luggage, etc.

I do not forsee much of a problem with two little ones in the room. Two older kids might pose a slight problem with getting around. There would be two pull down bunks over the twin beds on each wall. I am not sure if they can do the queen with twin bunks or not space wise. If you can get an oceanview or balcony the you can have the queen bed with the bunk bed and couch on the front wall of the room.

This is all EXTREMELY important information, thank you all SOOOO much!! I don't have time right now to look through all the links (but will for sure tonight :)) but it sounds like it could work... not the best, idealist and most spacious way I'm sure, but not terrible. And if it saves us enough, it's worth it to not have to wait another year for a cruise or to get a more exciting excursion or something :)

The smallest ships have 3 LARGE closets with amply shelving space, a large desk surface with 4 drawers, two nightstands with storage, a "shelf" on the fake window (inside room), a shelf under the television, a shelf in the bathroom, and TONS of room under the bed.

OP - Since oyu asked about the Pride specifically, some of the "storage mentioned here was not applicable in our room. There wasn't (& you can see from the photo posted - isn't) a fake window. I also would not count on the under the TV or bathroom shelving to be conisdered storage. Yeah it is there, but small, easily cluttered, & not very "useful." In my opinion - & I leave my face soap/shampoo/conditioner in the shower on the floor...

OP - Since oyu asked about the Pride specifically, some of the "storage mentioned here was not applicable in our room. There wasn't (& you can see from the photo posted - isn't) a fake window. I also would not count on the under the TV or bathroom shelving to be conisdered storage. Yeah it is there, but small, easily cluttered, & not very "useful." In my opinion - & I leave my face soap/shampoo/conditioner in the shower on the floor...

Thanks! I appreciate knowing that. :)

Archived