Forbes concurs, Explorer merits its bragging rights as most Luxurious Ship Ever

WesW

fyi, in the event u have not seen..first saw this article on Jason Montague's (President of Regent) Facebook page this morning--nice article;

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhochman/2017/01/15/what-makes-regent-seven-seas-explorer-the-most-luxurious-ship-ever-built/#2beb4fcc32bd

Edited by WesW

I've the read the article before - it is good to have Forbes agreeing with so many of us. Hope that you get to sail on this amazing ship sooner rather than later. It is an entirely different experience than we have experienced on other Regent ships.

Nice article Wes.Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen this before.

I can't resist posting this photo since it will likely be the ONLY time we ever set foot in the Regent Suite. In August/September we were on a B2B and on turn around day the door was open getting it ready for the new guests boarding later that day. With friends, we asked if we could take a peak around. The steward and stewardess said "sure, take your time"....we spent at least 15 minutes exploring and checking out every nook and cranny.

It really is spectacular !!

IMG_2378203_zps9yxalwil.jpg

I agree, it is an altogether different ship; I guess it's the 2016 variation on what Voyager and Mariner were when they were first launched, with all the up to date bells and whistles. We like it very much indeed, but look forward to Regent dropping the "most luxurious ship ever built" tag, which I am starting to find tiresome.

Marcie, you're very wecome and thanks for sharing the "wowser" Regent suite pix.

Gill, enjoying your Explorer pix and posts on your blog and until we sail on the Explorer our fav ship (Siversea or Regent) is by far the Voyager.

Nice article Wes.Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen this before.

I can't resist posting this photo since it will likely be the ONLY time we ever set foot in the Regent Suite. In August/September we were on a B2B and on turn around day the door was open getting it ready for the new guests boarding later that day. With friends, we asked if we could take a peak around. The steward and stewardess said "sure, take your time"....we spent at least 15 minutes exploring and checking out every nook and cranny.

It really is spectacular !!

IMG_2378203_zps9yxalwil.jpg

Marcie - so glad that you were able to spend some time in the Regent Suite. We visited that suite as well as all of the others back in July. It was extremely helpful in determining which suite(s) we wanted to book for future cruises. Although our goal is to stay in all of the suites (except "G" and "H"), the Regent suite is simply unaffordable for us.

BTW, the article that shows a butler holding a bottle of "Dom" is Ronnie (sp?) - the Head Butler that is exclusively assigned to the Regent Suite. A really great butler that we will unfortunately not have as our butler again.

Quickie off the topic note: For those of you that know Binay, he was promoted to a butler in November. We requested him for our March cruise but he will be on vacation. He is a delightful young man that will go far with Regent (if I remember correctly, he is from Sri Lanka).

TC, if it's the same sweet Binay who was duty Butler yesterday and who brought some things to our suite at lunchtime, then he's from Simla in the Himalayan foothills. We had quite a long conversation with him and found him utterly charming, I agree.

TC, if it's the same sweet Binay who was duty Butler yesterday and who brought some things to our suite at lunchtime, then he's from Simla in the Himalayan foothills. We had quite a long conversation with him and found him utterly charming, I agree.

Your Binay sounds lovely but isn't the same person. Your Binay may be the first butler from that area on the world. Hope that we meet him when we are onboard in March.

TC, I was mistaken - it's Suren, our Butler who's from Simla. Binay said he's from New Delhi.

Guess I have my countries mixed up:D I think that Laksman may be from Sri Lanka - not Binay. In any case, I feel that Binay will be one of the top butlers once he gets a bit of experience.

Slightly OT but a cute butler story - my wife and I were scanning some YouTube videos for some Regent Baltic videos and found one from a few years ago with a guest appearance by Ryan, our butler from a previous cruise. He was great, really on top of things. He was on Mariner for a long time, not sure where he is now...