Question regarding waitlist for dining time - Emerald Princess

eellsinoc

Husband and I just booked the June 25th cruise to Alaska this week on the Emerald Princess. Upon booking we requested the 6:00 pm dining time but it was full and we were told we would be waitlisted. At the time it told us we were waitlist #104. Now three days later and it stands at waitlist #87. Just curious what are chances are of getting the 6:00 pm dining time we hoped for, according to others' experiences. Thanks

Husband and I just booked the June 25th cruise to Alaska this week on the Emerald Princess. Upon booking we requested the 6:00 pm dining time but it was full and we were told we would be waitlisted. At the time it told us we were waitlist #104. Now three days later and it stands at waitlist #87. Just curious what are chances are of getting the 6:00 pm dining time we hoped for, according to others' experiences. Thanks

If you don't clear the waitlist.........just see the MD on embarkation day. The time/place will be listed in the Patter on embarkation day. Its usually held in one of the DR's between 2:00pm and 3:30. The MD can get you the time you want.

I've never been wait listed but I have been "confirmed" for a 5:45 dinner time only to have them change it on me. After I boarded I ended up having a 5:15 dining time. Yuk.

Whatever time you end up with doesn't seem to matter to Princess.

The chances are pretty good of clearing the waitlist.

If you do not, as others posted, see the Maitre 'd on embarkation day.

And, also as others posted, 6 PM is only to reserve a spot at that seating. The actual time can vary from cruise to cruise and you will not know what it will actually be until you board the ship.

The only time I was wait listed saw Maitre'd and they gave me a permanent time at an AT dining room.

Confirmed times on Emerald 6PM onboard was changed to 5.45PM:eek:Bad if one is on an all day shore excursion that 15 minutes does make a difference..

To be honest no one really knows.

But go see the Maitre'd when you biard if you don't clear and see if he can help, or switch to ATD.

The same thing is happening to us. We booked in November for the Ruby leaving on March 18th and wanted the 6:00PM dining time. They said the only thing open was 8:00PM or ATD. We don't like to eat late, so we are confirmed for ATD (which we really don't want) and are waitlisted for the 6:00PM. We started out at #131, and as of today are down to #24!!! I never thought we had a chance, but am very hopeful now! If we don't happen to get it, I had planned on doing exactly what everyone is suggesting and going to the MD when we board.

Just keep checking and keep us informed. I'll let you know our progress! I'm wondering if this is some new process Princess is doing?

Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice. It did automatically book us for Anytime Dining while we are waitlisted for our preferred time. Sounds like, more than likely, we will be able to get our time in the main dining room, which would be great.

Just keep checking and keep us informed. I'll let you know our progress! I'm wondering if this is some new process Princess is doing?

I think it's likely just more of the Princess "same old same old" of blundering around without a clue. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Anytime dining worked well for my mom & me. In fact we preferred it. We tend to eat early and as there were only 2 people in our party we had no difficulty getting seated and never waited in line for more than a few minutes (definitely less than 5 minutes). If you don't have a large party - I would not worry about it.

Thx,

Nan:)