Majestic @ Fincantieri, Monfalcone

need2cruisesoon

• 3 weeks later...
We are booked on the preview cruise on 31st March. Hoping it does go from Trieste - but at least we are flying into Venice so can switch if they change plans.

We're also on this cruise departing 31st March and am getting really excited now. Our flight to Venice (via Brussels) leaves at 6.10am from Manchester, so will be tired by the time we arrive. But it will be so worth it when we actually get there and see the ship properly for the first time.

The photos are great and just add to the excitement and anticipation of getting on board.:)

Thanks to those who've posted them. :D

If these last few photos were taken recently it sure seems there's lots of work remaining to get her ready for passengers in the time remaining. Is there any reason to believe she won't be ready for the first voyage with passengers in about 4 weeks?

We are sure looking forward to sailing on her.

If these last few photos were taken recently it sure seems there's lots of work remaining to get her ready for passengers in the time remaining. Is there any reason to believe she won't be ready for the first voyage with passengers in about 4 weeks?

We are sure looking forward to sailing on her.

I am also wondering this. I am on the 4/9 sailing and I never sailed such a new ship. I am excited and nervous!!

Kerri

If you think about it, the first cruise was supposed to be the one I'm on..the 4th April. We got notice that the ship would be ready early, hence the 31st March cruise was introduced. I'm sure they know what they're doing...well I hope so :)

If you think about it, the first cruise was supposed to be the one I'm on..the 4th April. We got notice that the ship would be ready early, hence the 31st March cruise was introduced. I'm sure they know what they're doing...well I hope so :)

I'm also booked on the Maiden 4th April. The preview cruise on 31st March is no longer showing on the Princess site. I'd assumed it was only for media / travel industry etc. But interesting to see others have booked it. I will check for updates... I hope you don't have to unpack too many boxes. lol!

Edited by SSNORWAY

Is there a sanctuary on the Majestic? I looked at the deck plans and could not find one but found a Hollywood Club, is that the equivalent?

Hollywood Club is the Retreat pool that's now covered at the front of the ship & the Sanctuary is now the Hollywood Conservatory.

DISCOVER A GARDEN PARADISE ABOVE THE SEA

Stroll through our new indoor garden located 150 feet above the sparkling ocean. You're welcomed by the sound of chirping birds, a lush garden environment and plush resort furniture. Listen to intimate musical performances by live musicians, and play a game of chess using life-sized pieces. A Wishing Wall, the first of its kind at sea, allows guests to share their dreams on a mosaic tile wall".

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/mj-majestic-princess/

The preview cruise on 31st March is no longer showing on the Princess site.

The preview cruise is showing in search results for me - only Balcony cabins left.

I see Mount Etna has just erupted - would be an interesting view from the Majestic!

I'm also booked on the Maiden 4th April. The preview cruise on 31st March is no longer showing on the Princess site. I'd assumed it was only for media / travel industry etc. But interesting to see others have booked it. I will check for updates... I hope you don't have to unpack too many boxes. lol!

It is still there. Hard to find as it is not in chronological order when looking at all Majestic sailings.

Only balcony cabins available now, starting at $419.

Hi Guys ... The last lot of photos were taken prior to the first lot that I posted, as you can see from the first photos the seats are covered and most if not all of the work is done. That is supported by photos three and four of the last lot of photos.

My friend is working on the Majestic and the workforce have been working three continuous eight hour shifts around the clock in order to get the work completed, no doubt that there will still be some things not quite finished and this is nothing new for a new ship leaving the yard.

If work falls behind for any reason they bring in workers from other yards with in the group and there are many of them in Italy.

There will be a work crew from Fincantieri onboard when it leaves Monfalcone for Trieste and during the cruise to Rome, and likely on our cruise on the 4th April.

Hollywood Club is the Retreat pool that's now covered at the front of the ship & the Sanctuary is now the Hollywood Conservatory.

DISCOVER A GARDEN PARADISE ABOVE THE SEA

Stroll through our new indoor garden located 150 feet above the sparkling ocean. You're welcomed by the sound of chirping birds, a lush garden environment and plush resort furniture. Listen to intimate musical performances by live musicians, and play a game of chess using life-sized pieces. A Wishing Wall, the first of its kind at sea, allows guests to share their dreams on a mosaic tile wall".

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/mj-majestic-princess/

Is there a paid area like the sanctuary where I can have a reserved bed, I love the sanctuary and book it usually for the whole cruise.