My View: Carnival Magic November 2016...A picture heavy report

APDMOM

This literally stoped me in my tracks.

I haven't seen this on Carnival since the late 90s, early 00s?

Please expand on this if you can. When, whatvtypes, etc. thank you for your review!

Oh, my goodness!!! I can't believe I said "crepes". LOL! I must have written this the day I made crepes for my family! I meant to say:

"Great mousse at night in the lido"... I especially like the white chocolate and the cappuccino ones.

Sorry about that false mouthwatering moment! Now, Norwegian Escape had the great "crepes" :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for your review and pictures of the ship! Just got off the Vista and was worried that Carnival had changed the variety of offerings in the Marketplace fleetwide. Very happy to hear and see that the Magic still has a variety of selections. Earger to read more!

You are welcome! Would you recommend Vista? :)

Oh, my goodness!!! I can't believe I said "crepes". LOL! I must have written this the day I made crepes for my family! I meant to say:

"Great mousse at night in the lido"... I especially like the white chocolate and the cappuccino ones.

Sorry about that false mouthwatering moment! Now, Norwegian Escape had the great "crepes" :D

PS: Nope... made the crepes Jan 5th, but probably had one of the leftovers on the day I started the review :) Yummy!

04a0a91f66ec4c3e444309cc63c8120a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL!!

I can totally see how the mistake was made, no worries.

Its something I've been harassing Carnival about for some time so I was like, "Whoa, they finally listened." :D:p

Great review. I see you are sailing RCCL Freedom of the Seas in March. Can you please do a review when you get back. I am doing the Transatlantic on her in April.

Thanks in advance.

Gale

Thanks, Gale! I will try my best to get an updated review of Freedom posted after our cruise. It is one of our 4 favorite ships :)

LOL!!

I can totally see how the mistake was made, no worries.

Its something I've been harassing Carnival about for some time so I was like, "Whoa, they finally listened." :D:p

Well, we will just have to keep bugging them! I love crepes, which is why we bake them at home too... I bought a special crepe pan about 16 years ago and it is so easy with that pan! We just don't have those yummy chocolate chips and Nutella that some of the cruiselines use. :)

Thank you so much for all of these pics and information! I'm getting on board 6/11 and this review is getting me more excited.

Enjoy planning your adventure! Maybe we will pass each other on a shuttle in June, as we get off Oasis the day you get on Magic ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for doing this review and especially for all the pictures ! We leave exactly five weeks from today on the Magic and I loved getting a look at the ship . It really looks beautiful from your pictures. I wish we had your southern itinerary. We can only cruise on a particular week because of my school schedule, so we never have a choice of itineraries. I am just looking forward to being on the ship. Thanks again for all your hard work .

Great review! We will be sailing on the Magic on April 22nd, our third cruise. The first 2 were aboard the Dream. Loved the pictures, but I'm amazed at the lack of people in all of them! Seems like all of my pics have strangers milling about! I realize some must have been early morning/late at night, but how did you manage to do this for most of them?

Thanks SO SO much for the review... I have read it and shared it with some FB friends who keep asking me WHY we cruise! They always say they would be "bored" on a ship so I thought I'd show them how bored you guys were.. ha.

Have a wonderful time away on your next adventure.

We leave in a couple months!

CAN NOT WAIT!!!! :)

Thank you so much for doing this review and especially for all the pictures ! We leave exactly five weeks from today on the Magic and I loved getting a look at the ship . It really looks beautiful from your pictures. I wish we had your southern itinerary. We can only cruise on a particular week because of my school schedule, so we never have a choice of itineraries. I am just looking forward to being on the ship. Thanks again for all your hard work .

You are welcome! It was a lot of fun to re-live our cruise. :) I know how limiting it can be with the school schedules, as I work in the school system too. Fortunately, I get 6 days extra to travel, so we get away "off season" about once a year.

Edited by APDMOM

Great review! We will be sailing on the Magic on April 22nd, our third cruise. The first 2 were aboard the Dream. Loved the pictures, but I'm amazed at the lack of people in all of them! Seems like all of my pics have strangers milling about! I realize some must have been early morning/late at night, but how did you manage to do this for most of them?

Thanks! You are right - most of the pictures are taken early in the morning. My day job kicks me out of bed at 5:30 a.m., so I try to keep that schedule when we cruise. I LOVE the quiet ship early in the morning. I am usually also rewarded with a beautiful sunrise over the ocean. :)

The waterpark was often empty, especially on port days, as there were very few kids on our sailing.

Thanks SO SO much for the review... I have read it and shared it with some FB friends who keep asking me WHY we cruise! They always say they would be "bored" on a ship so I thought I'd show them how bored you guys were.. ha.

Have a wonderful time away on your next adventure.

We leave in a couple months!

CAN NOT WAIT!!!! :)

Thanks for reading and sharing, mikechass!

Yes, "boring" is the last word that comes to mind when I think about cruising! :D

If you choose Anytime Dining you will be in Northern Lights.

We have late dining this cruise. I am just not sure if it is worth trying to get a particular dining room or just go with what is assigned. There will 4 of us and hopefully we can get a 4 top table. When it just my wife and I we like sitting at large tables to meet other people but when we travel with others we prefer a table just for us.

We have late dining this cruise. I am just not sure if it is worth trying to get a particular dining room or just go with what is assigned. There will 4 of us and hopefully we can get a 4 top table. When it just my wife and I we like sitting at large tables to meet other people but when we travel with others we prefer a table just for us.

That may be why we were in Northern Lights. We had early dining assigned, but we e-mailed a request for a table for 5. There were nice booths close to our table which may be good for a party of 4. Hope you get what you are looking for in a dining experience! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums