Our Carnival Pride Spring Break cruise - 4/5/15 (with pics)

Jamman54

• 1 month later...

I booked Dec 11 sailing on the Pride and finally started researching and i found the link to this review on another board. The fact that you are still getting comments on it over a year later is amazing.

I wanted to say i totally enjoyed sailing with you! As that is what reading the review felt like. My husband just does not understand how i can read so much before a cruise and still want to go on the cruise lol.

I was an RCI girl - and enjoyed the Grandeur - but then we took my dad on a cruise out of Galveston and only Carnival had the shorter trips so we tried the Freedom - and loved it. Well - not the ship layout so much - but we actually enjoyed the food (Guys/Cantina/Pizza) so much more! I don't think we ever ate in the buffet. So i was really glad to see the layout of the Pride should be better. I also saw someone ask about the lower deck chairs - and i think that is an RCI thing as all of their ships i have been on have had them - and that was my favorite spot. I have only been on Carnival Freedom but from other reviews and comments i haven't found a Carnival ship that has lower deck chairs yet.

Well i am rambling - Thank you for your time and effort - Happy cruising - and i am off to find Mitsugirly's review - and to read your Fantasy review as i have that one booked for Sept...

Martha

I also saw someone ask about the lower deck chairs - and i think that is an RCI thing as all of their ships i have been on have had them - and that was my favorite spot. I have only been on Carnival Freedom but from other reviews and comments i haven't found a Carnival ship that has lower deck chairs yet.

I was on the Splendor last October and there were chairs on the lower open deck. For safety, the Coast Guard has decreed that no chairs can be on the same deck which is used to board life boats. That means that the Spirit class ships are S.O.L. when it comes to chairs on deck 3. Unfortunately, that does include the Pride. I really miss them but hey, I'm still on a cruise!

Lisa

I booked Dec 11 sailing on the Pride and finally started researching and i found the link to this review on another board. The fact that you are still getting comments on it over a year later is amazing.

I wanted to say i totally enjoyed sailing with you! As that is what reading the review felt like. My husband just does not understand how i can read so much before a cruise and still want to go on the cruise lol.

I was an RCI girl - and enjoyed the Grandeur - but then we took my dad on a cruise out of Galveston and only Carnival had the shorter trips so we tried the Freedom - and loved it. Well - not the ship layout so much - but we actually enjoyed the food (Guys/Cantina/Pizza) so much more! I don't think we ever ate in the buffet. So i was really glad to see the layout of the Pride should be better. I also saw someone ask about the lower deck chairs - and i think that is an RCI thing as all of their ships i have been on have had them - and that was my favorite spot. I have only been on Carnival Freedom but from other reviews and comments i haven't found a Carnival ship that has lower deck chairs yet.

Well i am rambling - Thank you for your time and effort - Happy cruising - and i am off to find Mitsugirly's review - and to read your Fantasy review as i have that one booked for Sept...

Martha

Thanks for reading Martha! Glad you enjoyed your cruise on our favorite ship! :D Enjoy your cruises on the Fantasy and Pride!

Edited by Jamman54

• 3 weeks later...
Jeff we are sailing on the 9/25 cruise our daughter has to catch a flight after the cruise what is the earliest she should book fight.

Thanks for any help you can give

I wouldn't book a flight before 1 or 2pm. The Pride doesn't get back into Baltimore until 9am, and depending on conditions sometimes even later than that.

This is the best review.. I've read it a few times in preparation for our upcoming Pride cruise!

Thanks for reading! Glad that you found it helpful. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! My dh and I have never been on a cruise before and I have been looking and reading trying to figure out what cruise would be for us. After reading your review I could relate to your review the most and decided to pick the pride :) we are officially booked for April 30th, and I am very excited. The detail and time you put in is much appreciated! I feel I have made the right pick for our 5 year wedding anniversary trip! Any extra tips are much appreciated, we will be driving from Michigan :) thank you again!

Christie

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! My dh and I have never been on a cruise before and I have been looking and reading trying to figure out what cruise would be for us. After reading your review I could relate to your review the most and decided to pick the pride :) we are officially booked for April 30th, and I am very excited. The detail and time you put in is much appreciated! I feel I have made the right pick for our 5 year wedding anniversary trip! Any extra tips are much appreciated, we will be driving from Michigan :) thank you again!

Christie

Glad you found our review helpful, and congrats on booking your first cruise!

Enjoying your review

Thanks for reading!

• 5 months later...
Thanks so much for the detailed review! Looks like we'll be on the Pride with you in 36 days!! I'll be joining the roll call soon (haven't been on here in a LONG time, and can't wait for the next 35 days to pass!!

Thanks for reading! The roll call for this cruise is HUGE. Welcome aboard, and see you in five weeks! :)

Thanks for reading! The roll call for this cruise is HUGE. Welcome aboard, and see you in five weeks! :)

Wish I was with you guys, we are sailing the Pride in July.. 9 years since our last one, definitely overdue.. Thanks for all the input Jamman..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wish I was with you guys, we are sailing the Pride in July.. 9 years since our last one, definitely overdue.. Thanks for all the input Jamman..

I'm sure you will have a GREAT time on the Pride. We can't wait to sail on her again. Enjoy your planning!!:)

• 3 weeks later...

We are on the Pride 2/26/17. We were on the exact same Tampa to Baltimore cruise in 2015 and LOVED IT! Probably one of our favorite cruises and ships. Looking forward to this one so I just started reading reviews to get reacquainted with the ship! Lol. So glad I came across your review! Thank you! Will you be on the 2/26 cruise. That one has an enormous roll call. Lots of repeat folks from 2 years ago!

Hey Jamman, been thinking about you and Patti and your planning and I bet you're getting excited and can't wait to get out of NEW JERSEY right now. We live on a big corner lot and it was not fun shoveling yesterday (even with DH doing 99.9% of it lol :p)

We are on the Pride 2/26/17. We were on the exact same Tampa to Baltimore cruise in 2015 and LOVED IT! Probably one of our favorite cruises and ships. Looking forward to this one so I just started reading reviews to get reacquainted with the ship! Lol. So glad I came across your review! Thank you! Will you be on the 2/26 cruise. That one has an enormous roll call. Lots of repeat folks from 2 years ago!

Thanks for reading! Yes, we will be on the repo cruise. Can't wait!!! :)

Hey Jamman, been thinking about you and Patti and your planning and I bet you're getting excited and can't wait to get out of NEW JERSEY right now. We live on a big corner lot and it was not fun shoveling yesterday (even with DH doing 99.9% of it lol :p)

Hey Karry!! Two weeks from today we will be enjoying our first full day in Tampa!! Our planning has been done for quite awhile. We are getting our paperwork together, reservations, confirmations, etc. Hope Mother Nature is done with us for a while. I don't shovel snow anymore. That's what Ryan is for!!! :D

Thanks for reading! Yes, we will be on the repo cruise. Can't wait!!! :)

Hey Karry!! Two weeks from today we will be enjoying our first full day in Tampa!! Our planning has been done for quite awhile. We are getting our paperwork together, reservations, confirmations, etc. Hope Mother Nature is done with us for a while. I don't shovel snow anymore. That's what Ryan is for!!! :D

Glad you have a resident snow shoveler! I have to admit that after yesterday's storm I was kind of worried that I had booked a cruise for next January. DH actually wanted to drive to Baltimore the day of cruise, but I made a reservation at Best Western for the day before JUST IN CASE. ENJOY EVERYTHING and don't forget the sun screen! :D;)

Glad you have a resident snow shoveler! I have to admit that after yesterday's storm I was kind of worried that I had booked a cruise for next January. DH actually wanted to drive to Baltimore the day of cruise, but I made a reservation at Best Western for the day before JUST IN CASE. ENJOY EVERYTHING and don't forget the sun screen! :D;)

Thanks Karry!!! Patti and I will raise many toasts to you and Jim!! :D

• 1 year later...
Our “free” water bottles…..

did you stock the fridge? or pre purchase the mini bottles

CP0055.JPG

Patti bought me a new hat. Thanks babe!.....

CP0056.JPG

Our stocked mini fridge…..

CP0057.JPG

The safes have the swipe type locks…..

CP0058.JPG

It’s time to go get some lunch, so you know where we’re going? You guessed it, Guy’s Burger Joint…..

CP0059.JPG

I’m kind of partial to the Pig Patty…..

CP0060.JPG

To be continued…..

did you prepurchase the mini bottles in the fridge or bring on?