A Tale of two Princesses

scubacruiserx2

I think I really need to invest in a better underwater camera for future adventures.

I will let Rosie know and remind her that my birthday is in May.:D

That sounds like a great plan to me , let us know if it works ! :)

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Sorry if I have missed your explanation in previous posts, I am loving your images. What colour filters do you use and when do you change them due to depths.

Any other tips for under water photos for us one in a while cruisers would be appreciated.

In the old days (film) there was a manual red filter that fit on the outside of the camera housing . Fast forward to the digital camera and they have a built in setting for dive which boosts the reds .

The problem is that you forget to set it back to land mode - it has a red tint .

PICT0132_zpsheftzcyc.jpg

Here's a video clip with the dive setting on :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C_QN18fjUk

And a still photo with the same camera in the land mode

PICT0096_zpsuv945u7o.jpg

Your question is a good one but a tough one . Equipment and lighting underwater is more necessary and more expensive than on land . My new set up is about $1000 and is a middle of the road price and quality . The Go pros are cheaper and my $400 light would work with them . Sealife has a guide to taking better underwater photos at this link : http://www.sealife-cameras.com/sites/sealife/files/products/manuals/GreatPicturesMadeEasyWithSeaLife%20DC1400-2015-Edition.pdf

And while it uses their equipment , the principals will work with all cameras .

• Like 1

At this point we were passing through some low lying islands which we think was the barrier reef

IMG_720120Stitch-001_zpscq4j8mkz.jpg

It sea was calm but it was windy as this worker was busy hoisting the flags

IMG_722720Stitch-001_zpsyt7cbykl.jpg

The sunrise was obscured by clouds

IMG_726920Stitch-001_zpsj82jgihy.jpg

and the land that time forgot sent out a pair of pterodactyls

IMG_7262_zpsbuscxruf.jpg

But a closer look showed them to be Frigatebirds hoping that the CB stirred up a meal on the surface .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frigatebird

IMG_7279_zpshymsbumv.jpg

The sun behind the rain cloud began emitting some beautiful Crepuscular rays

IMG_7284_zpsdarjjnbg.jpg

It took several overlapping photos to capture it all resulting in unusual frame to show the big picture

IMG_728420Stitch-002_zps64jy6qhd.jpg

IMG_7301_zpswbuuchyx.jpg

And as the tenders approached the ship , a cloud appeared beneath the CB

IMG_733120Stitch-001_zps3pzphqzz.jpg

We've anchored

IMG_7347_zpsm0bcjpsh.jpg

IMG_7345-001_zps1cyhbtsz.jpg

Lucky they were Frigates, I was getting pteriffied.:p

Groan:eek:

That was pterrible . Groan, groan :eek::eek:

When they first appeared on the horizon we thought that it was the Belize Air Force , really the RAF :

Edited by scubacruiserx2

The first tender to arrive kept circling us low and slow , kinda like a buzzard waiting for it's next meal .

IMG_7305_zps7qdv8wuo.jpg

It was the Diamonds International tender

IMG_7383_zpsyyoxxb75.jpg

All of the tenders here had a shallow draft ( and I don't mean beer ) :) :D

IMG_7380_zpsunnx26lg.jpg

IMG_7350_zps3zg2hiue.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

I'm still following along here, but I have a new little friend (DC 1200) who has been keeping me pretty distracted! :D We have switched up our cruise schedule a bit so we will be cruising to the Southern Caribbean this October instead of next year, and have pushed out our Panama Canal sailing into 2018. I want to be somewhat with the DC 1200 before I get to the Southern Caribbean. Hopefully by the time we get there, my biggest problem will be remembering to put the camera in the correct mode for land or underwater and to remove the lens cap before I start shooting! :eek: I have also downloaded the SeaLife guide you linked to and will be reading through that soon.

I loved your video of the sea turtle in Roatan! I did feel bad for the poor turtle in the still shot having to haul those two big remora around, though. Hopefully, that turtle got a nice, clean shell out of the deal! :D The pictures of the sunrise with the frigate birds were beautiful as well.

I see from your countdown that you have a Celebrity cruise coming up next month. Do you have another aft cabin on that sailing? My apologies if you have already answered that question. I just don't remember if you did. I'm asking because we are looking at a number of cruisie for our future plans, and several of them are on Celebrity. I will be looking forward to upcoming reviews from both you and Bimmer09 as well as looking back at reviews both of you have already done while we are trying to decide what we want to do.

Edited by perfect match

the photos with the horizontal sun beams were very cool. Great effect.:D

It was a beautiful morning and videos may show it better than the stills . I thought that I took a video with the Canon , but I can't seem to find it or my computer won't open it . :confused:

I'm still following along here, but I have a new little friend (DC 1200) who has been keeping me pretty distracted! :D We have switched up our cruise schedule a bit so we will be cruising to the Southern Caribbean this October instead of next year, and have pushed out our Panama Canal sailing into 2018. I want to be somewhat with the DC 1200 before I get to the Southern Caribbean. Hopefully by the time we get there, my biggest problem will be remembering to put the camera in the correct mode for land or underwater and to remove the lens cap before I start shooting! :eek: I have also downloaded the SeaLife guide you linked to and will be reading through that soon.

I loved your video of the sea turtle in Roatan! I did feel bad for the poor turtle in the still shot having to haul those two big remora around, though. Hopefully, that turtle got a nice, clean shell out of the deal! :D The pictures of the sunrise with the frigate birds were beautiful as well.

I see from your countdown that you have a Celebrity cruise coming up next month. Do you have another aft cabin on that sailing? My apologies if you have already answered that question. I just don't remember if you did. I'm asking because we are looking at a number of cruisie for our future plans, and several of them are on Celebrity. I will be looking forward to upcoming reviews from both you and Bimmer09 as well as looking back at reviews both of you have already done while we are trying to decide what we want to do.

We're happy that you are spending time with your new friend and if you would like to ask any questions , we will send you our phone number through Email , or you can call Sealife Tech support who are very helpful . The issues that you mentioned are common ( at least with me anyway ) , but minor . I'm just thrilled that I never flooded a Sealife , so keep your O rings clean !

We love cruising and planning them also ( we just booked 2 more yesterday ) , and yes we have an Aft cabin , # 8344 . We did get our luggage tags in the mail the other day , and we are busy planning and booking tours for next month . So many tags , so few bags ! :) :D

f9d95a55-4dbf-4833-95f9-136de1e33c9d_zpspwpkztt5.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Our 2 favorite forward viewing points can't be found on the Regal but are available on the CB during the daylight hours . The blue arrow is over the bridge and the red arrow is the bow .

65aee55b-9ec3-49c9-8862-2fede1fd52d1_zps5bxc5lt8.jpg

Here's a view from the bow looking aft

5d0e91b3-16e3-4a85-a00c-6aa005b14968_zpsuxkikzzb.jpg

To reach the bow you go forward on the Promenade Deck and up the stairs

IMG_7035_zpst2bnlfrv.jpg

IMG_7039_zpsizqfhits.jpg

The view is very nice at sunset

IMG_7038_zpssdmkjpez.jpg

including the bridge's windows .

IMG_7049_zpsznkga3xu.jpg

Joe,

Why were the ships lifeboats not used as tenders?

Its not so unusual. In some ports there are local tenders that are used. For instance, when we were in Cabo San Lucas the last couple of times about half of the tenders running were local ones and the other half were from the ship.

Joe,

Last time we did this cruise we were told it's part of the port agreement with Belize. Use their tenders, I mean. Plus, they are bigger so can hold more people and get more to shore quicker. It was a good 30 minute ride last time.

The port is in possession of about 40 of those large fast boats, that way they can handle several cruise ships at once. They hold anywhere from 75-125 passengers (many with 2 levels) and can make the 5 mile trip in about 20 minutes.

If they used the ship's tenders they would still be heading back to the ship.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We're happy that you are spending time with your new friend and if you would like to ask any questions , we will send you our phone number through Email , or you can call Sealife Tech support who are very helpful . The issues that you mentioned are common ( at least with me anyway ) , but minor . I'm just thrilled that I never flooded a Sealife , so keep your O rings clean !

We love cruising and planning them also ( we just booked 2 more yesterday ) , and yes we have an Aft cabin , # 8344 . We did get our luggage tags in the mail the other day , and we are busy planning and booking tours for next month . So many tags , so few bags ! :) :D

f9d95a55-4dbf-4833-95f9-136de1e33c9d_zpspwpkztt5.jpg

Thanks for the offer of help. I figured I would email you if I get stuck with something. I am usually pretty good at figuring things out, even though it sometimes takes me a while. I like the way it feels when I get something figured out. The big thing will be practice. That part will be fun!

I know you usually do cabin tours, so I will be looking forward to seeing cabin #8344! We aren't quite ready to book another cruise yet, probably not until we get home from our Vegas trip in May. I am having fun looking at potential cruises now, so when it is time to book another one I will be prepared! :D

Joe,

Did these answer your question Jackie ? Thanks for your input everybody . :) :D

Its not so unusual. In some ports there are local tenders that are used. For instance, when we were in Cabo San Lucas the last couple of times about half of the tenders running were local ones and the other half were from the ship.

Last time we did this cruise we were told it's part of the port agreement with Belize. Use their tenders, I mean. Plus, they are bigger so can hold more people and get more to shore quicker. It was a good 30 minute ride last time.

The port is in possession of about 40 of those large fast boats, that way they can handle several cruise ships at once. They hold anywhere from 75-125 passengers (many with 2 levels) and can make the 5 mile trip in about 20 minutes.

If they used the ship's tenders they would still be heading back to the ship.

Thanks for the offer of help. I figured I would email you if I get stuck with something. I am usually pretty good at figuring things out, even though it sometimes takes me a while. I like the way it feels when I get something figured out. The big thing will be practice. That part will be fun!

I know you usually do cabin tours, so I will be looking forward to seeing cabin #8344! We aren't quite ready to book another cruise yet, probably not until we get home from our Vegas trip in May. I am having fun looking at potential cruises now, so when it is time to book another one I will be prepared! :D

You hit the nail on the head Nancy , practice with and learn our new toys . Wishing many happy photos Nancy ! :) :D

We have dove Belize a number of times and we passed on it this time for a quite day on the ship . So while Pat enjoyed the spa I continued walking the ship with the camera , headed toward my blue spot , with an eye on the Insignia .

IMG_745620Stitch-001_zpsbvxcb742.jpg

IMG_7465_zpsrzlkbyyc.jpg

IMG_7470_zpslg11pqxq.jpg

IMG_7476_zps4v9aqqss.jpg

IMG_7483%20Stitch-001_zpsmtbjth41.jpg

And I wasn't the only one enjoying the view .

IMG_7497_zpsxfyksrmp.jpg