Still serving afternoon tea

Spikesgirl

We're sailing on the Pacific, only 670 on it, so I'm sure it's a smaller number of attendees, but I'm quite looking forward to giving 'tea' a try!

The last time I was on the Pacific was in 2013. I don't recall if tea time is also the same with other ships at 3pm.

She was our first which may be part of the reason.

And I'd love a few things she is missing. Maybe a corner of the Oanorama Buffet set up as a cafe in off hours. Last time we were on her it didn't open for dinner, but I understand that has changed.

But we love her and they can send her back down here whenever they want.

Gets into spots the others can't hope too, you get to know your fellow cruisers, towns don't feel totally overrun.

Yes, exactly! Certainly she doesn't have all the amenities of the big ships, but she can get so much closer to things.

We were on her in November 2015 and the Panorama Buffet was open for dinner - they had gotten rid of the bistro. We only ate there one and didn't miss it.

Our first was The Sky Princess and it was so special. Your first ship is always special!

We were on her in November 2015 and the Panorama Buffet was open for dinner - they had gotten rid of the bistro. We only ate there one and didn't miss it.

As I remember it, the Bistro is only set up on some evenings, not every one.

If you do not go there each evening or check the Patter carefully, you might not even notice when it is offered.

As I remember it, the Bistro is only set up on some evenings, not every one.

If you do not go there each evening or check the Patter carefully, you might not even notice when it is offered.

That certain makes sense. We only ate there when we were too late for the dining room due to an excursion running way late.

Thanks!

The standard tea service is still a very nice relaxing affair. Admittedly it was not attended by more than 50 or so pax. Not a really good turnout for a ship that carriers over 3000pax.

How is it compared to Cunard?

What time is the afternoon tea and do you dress up?

No need to dress up. Basically, however you dress for lunch in the dining room is fine for the tea hour in the dining room.

When the Regal has the paid tea, do they have another (regular) tea in the dining room at the same time or is there only the one charge tea on that day?

Royal and Regal have the "free" dining room tea in addition to the paid one in the atrium.

Edited by caribill

The last time I was on the Pacific was in 2013. I don't recall if tea time is also the same with other ships at 3pm.

3.30pm to 4.30pm this week. Scones still crumbling, raspberry jam served with scones, tiny slices of cherry fruit cake, no milk for tea unless you ask for it, they always seem surprised by the request.

We attended several times, Ok when Trivia was at 4pm but when it was 3.45pm it clashed.