ELATION: Nassau/Half Moon Cay -- Suggestion

ajtraveler66

Will be on the "Elation" next month with stops in Nassau and Half Moon Cay. Good beaches are of primary concern while we are there.

Any suggestions on how to go about making good beach arrangements for both of these sites would be appreciated.

Any other suggestions other than the beaches? Atlantis? Is it worth the bother to see it?

Half Moon Cay is Carnival's private island. Beautiful, stunning! It's all beach, they have a bar and serve food on the island. My friend and I rented a cabana for our time there and it was fantastic. We got a tray of fruits, a few cold sodas, and chips with salsa. It came with loungers on the deck. And floats for the water, that's where I spent majority of my time. The food served on the island is included. It was a great visit and can't wait to go again some day! :cool: It's a tender port. If I could live there, I would!

HMC is a wonderful beach day. The tenders drop you off in a small shopping area. A short walk and your on the beach. Beautiful white sand, end to end. Theres a bbq with picnic tables in outdoor roofed areas. All areas are accessible by brick walkways in the sand through tropical foliage. Theres a shipwreck bar midway down the beach. All in all HMC is a carefree relaxing beach day. One drawback is during the winter months HMC could have brezzy cool days and the water a bit cool. This is because the island is in the Atlantic not the Caribbean.

Agree with the above consensus of Half Moon Cay. It's a perfectly beautiful beach!

In Nassau, we generally get a day pass with British Colonial Hilton. For $60 you get a lovely pool (towels and loungers included), a close stretch of beach, (within walking distance of the ship), and $40 voucher for food and beverages. It's a lovely, peaceful facility. You are not bothered by vendors. To us, it's well worth the money!

Agree with the above consensus of Half Moon Cay. It's a perfectly beautiful beach!

In Nassau, we generally get a day pass with British Colonial Hilton. For $60 you get a lovely pool (towels and loungers included), a close stretch of beach, (within walking distance of the ship), and $40 voucher for food and beverages. It's a lovely, peaceful facility. You are not bothered by vendors. To us, it's well worth the money!

Is that $60 per person? Do you book online or just pay when you arrive?

Definitely get a cabana at HMC if you can. That island is truly paradise. There's a reason it's been voted top private island in the world numerous times.

IDK about one of the top private islands in the world. But, earlier today I was browsing and at THE TELEGRAPH U.K. Website. They do have a Top 20 List of Private Islands dated today Jan 20th 2017. One of the last one's is owned by magician David Copperfield and its in the Bahamas! Sigh .....

This is what we did and it was a great choice. Kids 4 and under are free, their food is delicious, the drinks are strong and the beach wasn't crowded.

Don't waste your time at Atlantis unless you plan to spend a lot of money there to see/do any of the attractions. I wish we had gone straight to the beach and not wasted our morning at Atlantis.

If you use this company, it is $60 per person. Again...this includes $40 food and beverage credit. http://www.resortforaday.com/British-Colonial-Hilton-Day-pass-p/nsnabch.htm

Edited by pcvtmom

• 2 weeks later...
If you use this company, it is $60 per person. Again...this includes $40 food and beverage credit. http://www.resortforaday.com/British-Colonial-Hilton-Day-pass-p/nsnabch.htm

There is a link on their site that says for 2017 rates click here. When you try to purchase using the $60 rate it says 0 passes available...so it is $65 per day for adults.

I've done this twice and will be doing it again next week. Love it here. Easy, close and convenient!

There is a link on their site that says for 2017 rates click here. When you try to purchase using the $60 rate it says 0 passes available...so it is $65 per day for adults.

Interesting. We just used it for our January 14th cruise, at the $60 pp rate. Must have just changed.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know how much the cabanas are to rent? Do you rent them directly through Carnival? I never usually book anything through Carnival. Thanks for any and all information. First time to this island.

Carnival offers cabana rental on Half Moon Cay through their excursion section on the website. It's $280 to rent.