Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

Sometimes this happens to me too and I shut down my computer and reboot. The pictures then show up. Give it a try.

The first time I logged in here the pictures came up in the posts. Now when I came back the pictures are closed and you have to click on the link to photobucket on each one. Does any one know why or how to fix that? Thanks

Great review! I love all your pictures and can't wait to hear how you like CCL Vs NCL. We were pleasantly surprised and bought future cruise certificates on NCL but all the cruises I am finding I want our on CCL for this year!

Quick question: I noticed some of the outside cabin doors (leading into the hallway) have decorations on them. CCL put a "fire-retardant only" decoration policy into affect a few months ago. Did anyone you met in your ship travels have them removed by CCL staff?

So nice to see you cruising again! Thank you so much for the hard work you are putting into the photos and details. My DH and I will be on the Vista in April and we are grateful for your detailed review. Very Helpful :)

Thank you, glad you are enjoying it. :)

Quick question: I noticed some of the outside cabin doors (leading into the hallway) have decorations on them. CCL put a "fire-retardant only" decoration policy into affect a few months ago. Did anyone you met in your ship travels have them removed by CCL staff?

No, the ones I saw appeared to stay there for the duration of cruise. At the end of the Vista review I will be posting some of the best ones I saw during the cruise.

Loving your review! Can't wait to read the rest, especially when you compare the two. Hopefully it will help me decide if we should try the Vista. So many mixed reviews.

Did the Vista or Carnival for that matter, have a lot of soliciting to buy stuff, i.e. spa personal at every turn asking if you want to buy a spa package?

Thank you, yes I will be comparing the two ships, Tracy and I had similar and different opinions on the two ships, anyway everyone has a different perspective on things.

My thought on the kids was we were looking forward to being on our own, not having to check on them, not having to wait for them to get ready, Arielle is terrible at getting ready on time, even when you tell her she needs to be ready 30 minutes before the actual time while Mitchel had to be convinced to spent time with the family.

It is easier the younger they are, teenagers are a handful. They are not teens anymore but they are still difficult at times. I'm looking forward to the day when they have kids and then we could introduce the grandkids to cruising. They can tag along too. :D

Cruising with grandkids is wonderful. We took our granddaughter on her first cruise which left the day of her 5th birthday. There were 6 adults to keep her in sight, lol. In APRIL it's just Grandpa and I taking her, she'll be 7 yrs old and it's just 4 days instead of 7. I think we can handle it. Looking forward to many more cruises with her. :)

Loving your review! Can't wait to read the rest, especially when you compare the two. Hopefully it will help me decide if we should try the Vista. So many mixed reviews.

Did the Vista or Carnival for that matter, have a lot of soliciting to buy stuff, i.e. spa personal at every turn asking if you want to buy a spa package?

I asked Tracy since she had spa passes on both Vista and Getaway. The answer is no. In the past, on another cruise with Carnival. Tracy did get a massage and they convinced her to buy a cream.

Can anyone walk on the outside of those Havana Cabins on Deck 5 or is it closed off?

As usual, great review and photos.

It is closed off, I manage to sneak in to take photos and then I was allowed as part of the cabin crawl.

We were not in a hurry to disembark since we had been to Grand Turk several times and we had no excursion planned for the day. We went to the gym, ate breakfast in the Lido Marketplace, then attended Dr. Seuss Story Time in the Liquid Lounge

Cruising%202016%20555_zpss2q5rkpz.jpg

Cruising%202016%20554_zpsbr1ozuv0.jpg

Cruising%202016%20556_zpseqimyujf.jpg