Shuttle question in the Baltics

Kansas Gal

We are booked on the Regal in June. Itinerary shows a stop in Warnemunde. Port guide shows we will be docked at L31 which is across the river. Anybody know if Princess provides a shuttle to the town?

Are you on the June 2nd cruise? We have engaged SPB tours for a trip to Berlin on this stop. I know it is a long day filled with travel, but we have never been to Berlin, and are likely not to be there again.

That being said, I have seen some trip reports of wonderful days spent in the Warnemunde area

We are booked on the Regal in June. Itinerary shows a stop in Warnemunde. Port guide shows we will be docked at L31 which is across the river. Anybody know if Princess provides a shuttle to the town?

We were there in 2015 and I do not recall Princess providing a shuttle. We did walk around and not too far from the port are rows of shops and restaurants.

We did a Friends of Dave tour that focused on the Hanseatic League and the whole interconnectedness of the Baltic countries. Really terrific. Lots of walking and local history, perspectives. With a super lunch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There was no Princess shuttle. I tried to find pier L31, can't find it. When we were there we docked in Warnemunde at a pier which was directly next to the train station where passengers boarded the train for the 3 hour trip to Berlin. I think this is where your ship will be docked, since I see only one other ship is in port on June 16 and no others on June 5 the only two dates the Regal is in port.

If you wish to walk around Warnemunde on your own it is a short distance and an easy walk down to the ocean and the Tea Pot building. If you wish to go to Rostock you have to take the local commuter trains, there is a transfer. There is also a ferry that returns you to Warnemunde. We booked a walking tour of Warnemunde and Rostock with SPB tours and were pleased.

Sknight, I port schedule I am looking at shows 4 ships in port on 6/16, with the Regal at LP31, which is not right at Warnemunde. We have already been to Berlin, so not interested in a 5 hour bus ride to go back. We had planned to walk around Warnemunde, maybe take the train to Rostock. One person in our party speaks fluent German so we aren't worried about getting around on our own.

Sknight, I port schedule I am looking at shows 4 ships in port on 6/16, with the Regal at LP31, which is not right at Warnemunde. We have already been to Berlin, so not interested in a 5 hour bus ride to go back. We had planned to walk around Warnemunde, maybe take the train to Rostock. One person in our party speaks fluent German so we aren't worried about getting around on our own.

The locals all speak very good English, its an excellent stop with no help from Buses needed, just wander around!

P1-8 berths are alongside warnemunde but LP31 and LP41 berths are located in Seehafen/Rostock in a commercial area across the river and used when multiple ships are in port. I'm sure princess will offer a shuttle or there may be a ferry offered. It's not walkable to warnemunde

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I see it now. Take a look at this web page.

https://www.verkehrsverbund-warnow.de/news/visiting-rostock-warnemuende.html