Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

email notations--seems you have to log on every other day to CC to keep notation coming. When we are away there are never CC emails in my inbox.

I've been on daily multiple times a day. I get notifications for other threads, just not any for this one [emoji20].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you have to be an AARP member? I am not

You have to sign up for a free account. You don't get all the AARP benefits of a full paid membership but you are able to purchase the gift cards.

Hope this helps. Follow the blue arrows.

7eb35c432b7c5580d01b5ab1db8bd7f1.jpg

I'm a little confused. I'm logged in but can't seem to find the gift cards anywhere. Where are they on the site?

Look for rewards catalog then click it, then click visit rewards catalog on the right then travel and travel gift cards in the gray area on top.

I just ordered my 1st gift card. Thanks Everyone !

Can anyone tell me about how often these gift cards become available at AARP?

it seems like it is pretty random.

once a month? less? more?

I just check daily to see if they are available. I ordered one on the 13th and then they were gone. Been checking daily and see they are back again 1 week later.

How do you earn points?

Once you're signed in there's a link on top that says "Earn more points..". Go there then click "start earning" mid page and take the quizzes from the list. The quizzes are quick and give out average 300 pts per quiz. You can earn up to 5000 points per day. You can also sign up for newsletters/emails and that gives you points also.

How do you earn points?

Keep in mind you don't have to do ANYTHING to get these gift cards. Sign up for an account, then go get them. You don't need to do any quizzes, sign up for anything extra, pay for anything, etc. Just sign up for an AARP Rewards account (don't even need to be an AARP member), get the gift cards, then cancel your account. Very easy.

Keep in mind you don't have to do ANYTHING to get these gift cards. Sign up for an account, then go get them. You don't need to do any quizzes, sign up for anything extra, pay for anything, etc. Just sign up for an AARP Rewards account (don't even need to be an AARP member), get the gift cards, then cancel your account. Very easy.

Well you need to earn points to get the cards. It's not just a matter of signing up and getting them.

I just check daily to see if they are available. I ordered one on the 13th and then they were gone. Been checking daily and see they are back again 1 week later.

How do you earn points?

From chasing these gift cards for over a year now; I have found no rhyme or reason to when they appear or how long they stay available when they do appear.

I have seen one consistent thing about them though. When they appear on AARP they also appear on Verizon Smart Rewards among the gift cards and certificates that Verizon offers; so if you have Verizon cell service, you can also get 10% off on the $100 and $500 gift cards there using your Smart Rewards points there.

I have also seen people mention that their 'rewards' type credit cards have them; so if you have that type of credit card you may want to check into what they offer.

Edited by LeeRB
Error in 3rd paragraph.

Well you need to earn points to get the cards. It's not just a matter of signing up and getting them.

I respectfully disagree with this. You get X amount of points when you sign up. When you sign up for an account, you can immediately get the GCs without doing a single thing. I know this for a fact because I just did it this morning. I signed up for an account, signed in, purchased the gift cards. I didn't even do as much as confirm my email when I signed up.

I respectfully disagree with this. You get X amount of points when you sign up. When you sign up for an account, you can immediately get the GCs without doing a single thing. I know this for a fact because I just did it this morning. I signed up for an account, signed in, purchased the gift cards. I didn't even do as much as confirm my email when I signed up.

Yeah well if you want more cards than the initial points will get you, you will need more points. I know as well because I have been signed up for a while. Didn't need to join AARP, either. Just log in and earn more points. I have saved quite a bit of money.

Yeah well if you want more cards than the initial points will get you, you will need more points. I know as well because I have been signed up for a while. Didn't need to join AARP, either. Just log in and earn more points. I have saved quite a bit of money.

Gotcha. Once my cards arrive I'll cancel my account. If I need to purchase more, I'll create another account. Definitely save money that way though!

Gotcha. Once my cards arrive I'll cancel my account. If I need to purchase more, I'll create another account. Definitely save money that way though!

Or just use your current one and get more points. It's super simple and easy. Then you won't have to wait for an email confirmation each time. They do that the first time you order with a new account. At least they did for me.

Another easy way to get points is if you have a fitbit. I linked that to my AARP account and get 100 points per day that I walk 10k steps (which for me is every day). The points automatically add even if I don't log in for weeks or months at a time.

• 3 weeks later...