How long before Carnival goes to the wrist bands

CJHAN

Does anyone think carnival will go to the wristbands like Disneyworld? I think the disney ships are making the move as well as RCCL. If you dont know what I'm talking about basically its a band that opens your door has all your info so you can make purchases it very convenient and less likely to be lost then the current SS card. What do you guys think.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Forums mobile app

Edited by CJHAN

Does anyone think carnival will go to the wristbands like Disneyworld? I think the disney ships are making the move as well as RCCL. If you dont know what I'm talking about basically its a band that opens your door has all your info so you can make purchases it very convenient and less likely to be lost then the current SS card. What do you guys think.

The S&S cards make nice little cruise souvenirs for those of us that collect them. I hope Carnival doesn't switch to wristbands. I like having the card, so I say "No thank-you" to wrist bands.

Wrist bands might make for a better look than people wearing their sail and sign cards hanging from around their necks. Never understood the appeal :eek:

No appeal, it's convenience when you don't have pockets. Many of us don't care if you think we look like Tom Cruise or....maybe Mick Jagger.

Last cruise my youngest (11) apparently lost her wrist band. About 3/4th of the way through the cruise I realized and asked her about it. She said if fell off. But she knows the ship like the back of her hand, my wife on the other hand would have to be grabbed and pulled to her muster station. She could get lost going to the bathroom in the cabin.

Personally, I don't give a rat's patootie if my lanyard, wristband, or anything else I wear is "appealing".

And the one's at Disneyworld? Totally optional (they cost extra for guests not staying onsite or with season passes) AND they are removeable. So, you wear it, or put it in your pocket, or, heck hang it on a lanyard, if you wish.

I think I'd find the wristband very convenient.

Edited by srlafleur

It would be my last cruise on Carnival...

Yes, I am a dork with it hanging around my neck, but that is for convenience and I can hide it when needed.

Wristbands are for kids and inmates...

However, I do believe they can cut the S&S cards down to like a store card sized for keychain, lanyard, chain, clip etc.

We can tap/scan and go, instead of swipe/insert..

Sail_and_Sign_Card.jpg

Edited by poison7fl

I suspect the cost to Carnival to make such a change would be pretty significant. I'm fairly sure they would pass those costs along in the form of fare adjustments. The cards work fine for me. We used the band the last time we were at WDW and they had a lot of problems. Maybe because the technology was new.

I never had an opinion about wristbands until I stayed at an All Inclusive this year. I hated having to wear a wristband 24/7. After the 3rd day of swimming, showering and being in the sun it felt icky on my wrist. Not to mention the tan I had b/c of it.

I hope they keep the SS cards.

Edited by adriennerm

Wouldn't that negate the use of the SS card to power the lights? Arent they "inserted" now?

From what I've read, you don't need an actual SS card for the lights. Any card should work. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I've read, you don't need an actual SS card for the lights. Any card should work. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

A slip of paper works. That's what the room steward was using on our last cruise. Saw a whole stack of Funtimes cut to SS card size.

I hope not. I treat my SS card like a credit card. I would not like having it on my wrist any more than wearing my Mastercard around my neck.

Lord I hope not. I don't mind pulling my S&S card out of my wallet when needed but I would HATE having to wear one of those damn bands all the time.

No appeal, it's convenience when you don't have pockets. Many of us don't care if you think we look like Tom Cruise or....maybe Mick Jagger.

Last cruise my youngest (11) apparently lost her wrist band. About 3/4th of the way through the cruise I realized and asked her about it. She said if fell off. But she knows the ship like the back of her hand, my wife on the other hand would have to be grabbed and pulled to her muster station. She could get lost going to the bathroom in the cabin.

Seems as though we're married to the same woman! :eek: ;)

Edited by Out to sea!

It would be a very expensive project for now. It cost Disney more money to put together the Magic Band project than it cost for the whole Magic Kingdom in 1971. It has some good points but I don't want to wear the band all the time. I would be happier if Carnival started using a system like Disney's photo pass for the photos. Of course, that can be done on the bands as well. However. I think that eventually everyone will go to a similar system, just as the S&S cards took the place of room cards, credit cards and cash.