On Grand now. Club Class Dining Info

catguy

CC dining is located on the starboard side on Da Vinci Deck 6. Its tables are to the left just inside the door. Went at 5:45PM and sat right down at a 2 top table. The Head Waiter told me there are only 4 two top tables. After those are gone you are seated at a four top and maybe you get joined, maybe not. The HW pointed out a man from Princess head office who was there to observe the CC. Some tweaking probably to come. Menu the same as TD.

I booked a Window Suite before the CC was announced. CC is a nice perk and I like it. We are on a B2B, 15 day Hawaii and 10 day Mexico so I will post again when things get settled down and we have some port days. The suite breakfast is now in Crown Grill. Sabatini's is done over and it really is nice and fresh. Same menu. Looks like new carpet in stairwells, Redone ice cream place on deck 14.

Grand is still the Grand, old but comfortable.

I just got off the Grand. I like the new carpet in the hallways on the cabin floors but I miss the orange and green feature strips in the old carpet. It made it easy to quickly tell if you're on port side or starboard.

Not a big deal though.

CC dining is located on the starboard side on Da Vinci Deck 6. Its tables are to the left just inside the door. Went at 5:45PM and sat right down at a 2 top table. The Head Waiter told me there are only 4 two top tables. After those are gone you are seated at a four top and maybe you get joined, maybe not. The HW pointed out a man from Princess head office who was there to observe the CC. Some tweaking probably to come. Menu the same as TD.

I booked a Window Suite before the CC was announced. CC is a nice perk and I like it. We are on a B2B, 15 day Hawaii and 10 day Mexico so I will post again when things get settled down and we have some port days. The suite breakfast is now in Crown Grill. Sabatini's is done over and it really is nice and fresh. Same menu. Looks like new carpet in stairwells, Redone ice cream place on deck 14.

Thanks for checking in. Enjoy your cruise.

I just got off the Grand. I like the new carpet in the hallways on the cabin floors but I miss the orange and green feature strips in the old carpet. It made it easy to quickly tell if you're on port side or starboard.

Not a big deal though.

OMG! Say it isn't so! I depend on those stripes since I have vision problems and a horrible sense of direction. You wouldn't think I could constantly forget which way to turn when coming off the elevators, but alas it is true.

However, I have asked quite a few people about it on our cruises, and they either didn't notice or didn't care, so maybe I am in just the directionaly challenged minority and will have to deal with it since I am sure it is cheaper/easier to only have one carpet pattern.

However, I have asked quite a few people about it on our cruises, and they either didn't notice or didn't care, so maybe I am in just the directionaly challenged minority and will have to deal with it since I am sure it is cheaper/easier to only have one carpet pattern.

They probably didn't know the carpet had different colors. I think many have directional problems like you do (and I do also).

Seems like the head office wants to ensure that the CC program works well. Glad you are enjoying it.

The Head Waiter told me there are only 4 two top tables. After those are gone you are seated at a four top and maybe you get joined, maybe not.

So just four tables for two? I wonder how that will work with all the folks who say that's what they want. I guess that also means only four tables for two are taken out of service in the rest of the ATD dining room.

Edited by shredie

We are CC for a April sailing on the Grand and always prefer dining on a 2 top table. Not too keen on the idea of sitting down to a four top and have some one "join" us half way through our meal. I hope they get the table arrangements "tweaked" by the time we board.:eek:

49er

OMG! Say it isn't so! I depend on those stripes since I have vision problems and a horrible sense of direction. You wouldn't think I could constantly forget which way to turn when coming off the elevators, but alas it is true.

I thought the same thing when we were on the Grand in December!

The carpet being the same on both sides took some getting used to, or better stated, I had to actually pay attention to where I was going because I no longer had the carper as a marker. :D

We are CC for a April sailing on the Grand and always prefer dining on a 2 top table. Not too keen on the idea of sitting down to a four top and have some one "join" us half way through our meal. I hope they get the table arrangements "tweaked" by the time we board.:eek:

49er

I have contacted Princess and they told us, after checking with their supervisor, that you are guaranteed a table for 2 at anytime you show up for dinner. We are like you, we prefer to dine alone unless we know the persons, or have met them the day before. We don't like being interrupted after we have started ordering.

Anyway, we have a few months away, Jan 3, 2018 SA cruise, so any fine tuning will hopefully happen. It looks good so far.

Happy Cruising

I have contacted Princess and they told us, after checking with their supervisor, that you are guaranteed a table for 2 at anytime you show up for dinner. We are like you, we prefer to dine alone unless we know the persons, or have met them the day before. We don't like being interrupted after we have started ordering.

Anyway, we have a few months away, Jan 3, 2018 SA cruise, so any fine tuning will hopefully happen. It looks good so far.

Happy Cruising

That's interesting. Since the Grand has only four tables that seat two, I guess they figure only four couples will show up at any given time.

Happy Cruising

I imagine they would fill 4 tops the same as they fill larger tables in ATD, seat people agreeable to share within a few minutes, then leave any empty seats after that.

I would imagine that there are only 4 two top tables in the Club Class dining area.

As for the colored stripes in the carpet: By the time you get close enough to see the stripe in the carpet you should be able to see a cabin number. Even numbers are Port and odd numbers are Starboard.

As for the colored stripes in the carpet: By the time you get close enough to see the stripe in the carpet you should be able to see a cabin number. Even numbers are Port and odd numbers are Starboard.

When getting off of an elevator I can see the carpet in both hallways and instantly tell which has the red stripe and which does not.

49er

We are on Grand with you in April and also will try the CC dining. Normally we also prefer a table for 2, however that said I am not opposed to trying a 4 top with another couple if we are seated at or around the same time. I agree it would be odd and uncomfortable to have someone join you half way thru your meal.

Hello crhull, been posting on CC for many years and you are the first that also list's their home location as PVille. Enjoy your cruise. As for the movies, they will be different come April. Haven't heard who the current CD is either.

49er

We are on Grand with you in April and also will try the CC dining. Normally we also prefer a table for 2, however that said I am not opposed to trying a 4 top with another couple if we are seated at or around the same time. I agree it would be odd and uncomfortable to have someone join you half way thru your meal.

Hello Nvadav. Since you joined our roll call back in January '16 and assuming you are in a CC mini as are we, things worked well (price wise) for booking so early.:) if you read my intro on the roll call, we had to cancel a day before departure for this identical cruise in April '16 so we have been waiting a while too. Final payment coming up next week so won't be long now

49er

Edited by 49er

CC dining is located on the starboard side on Da Vinci Deck 6. Its tables are to the left just inside the door.

So, does this mean that the CC tables are in the section with no windows?? I would have preferred if the CC section would have been to the right of the doorway so that some of the tables are by windows. Too bad.

Edited by Go-Bucks!