**Solo to Singapore! Live From the Diamond- January 17, 2017**

TracieABD

Hi Friends!

The time has come- and this is a bit strange for me- I am starting my thread 5 days early- because....

.... Wait for it....

I leave tomorrow morning to begin my travels from Charlotte, North Carolina to Singapore! EEEEEeeeeee I am so excited, I can hardly stand myself!

First, a little background... This is a Do-Over cruise. Two years ago in January 2015, my mom and I were going to do this cruise. A few months before, she fell and broke her other hip- and even though she had healed, the long flight to Singapore was worrisome. Right before we were to leave Charlotte, we received what we now refer as "The Mother of All Move Over Offers". We took the deal- and did not go to Singapore. In June of 2015, my mom and I did a British Isles cruise- and it was our last hurrah. Nine days after we returned home, she suffered a massive stroke and 5 days later she was gone. So this cruise has been haunting me for a while now- and this summer, with your kind encouragement- I decided to just do it! So, my mom (in her new "condensed" form) and I are headed to sail away on the Diamond. She no longer warrants a cruise fare- and she packs in neatly in my carry-on.

I fly Delta to JFK tomorrow mid day and then fly from JFK to SIN at 8 pm tomorrow night. It is a really long flight. I will land on January 15- so somewhere a whole day gets sucked into the cosmos. I did upgrade myself to Premium Economy on Singapore Air (SQ)- so I hope that will help to facilitate a little sleep. We also land in Frankfurt (I grew up there) to refuel and change crews. But we will reboard the same plane and fly on to Singapore landing at 6:50 am.

I am packed and pretty organized, but work has been so crazy, that I will probably be up much of the night trying to get all of the last minute stuff done. Last minute laundry, clean the car, final packing, update the TiVo, etc...

So what am I doing? Hanging out with you people- my cruising soul-mates.

I will stop here and go do the boring stuff, but look for some news tomorrow!

Can I pack you all in my suitcase? Will I meet the luggage requirement?

Tracie-Lynn:):)

Tracie,

I'll try and find you at the hotel in Singapore on Sunday afternoon. I'm flying from China on Sunday morning. I guess I should start packing (naaaa, I'll do it tomorrow when I get back from the dentist).

Everything is set... except for buying U.S. and Singapore dollars. I'll be gone for more than a month with seventeen nights in Kep, Cambodia (I may see the Diamond sailing by from my balcony) and four nights in Phnom Penh post-cruise before flying back to China.

I'm looking forward to some tropical weather - it's going down to 5 below here at night!

Cheers,

Bill

Tracie, I am so excited for you :) I too will be following along looking forward to everything you can tell us about the Diamond. While I will not be doing you itinerary in October DH and I will be doing the 8 Night Circle Island Japan. Very much looking forward to your review. Have a safe trip getting there and Thanks so much for taking us along :cool: