New to Regent - Alaska excursion availability question

MellyMel612

Hi. We are considering an Alaska cruise this summer. My husband, myself, 18 and 15 year old sons.

I am wondering if we were to book in the next few weeks, would we have any trouble getting excursions? We love the all inclusive approach and feel like we'll do and experience more this way but want to make sure we wouldn't be booking too late to choose from popular excursions.

Also, I understand the clientele is typically older, but our kids won't be out of place, will they?

Thanks!

Depending on the date you'd like to cruise, at this point there may be some difficulty getting your absolute first choice for excursions. OR every one of your druthers could still be available. The Alaska itinerary is so wonderful that I expect that you'd greatly enjoy any number of the tours; we usually have trouble choosing because there's so much to see and do. What I did in the past on the one occasion where I wanted to book somewhat late was call Regent and specifically ask about the excursions I was interested in, i.e. whether they were still available. Your TA I suppose could do that also, but I find it easier to do those sorts of things myself, even though I turn my booking over to my TA. Also, even if an excursion that you very much want is full at this point, there is a waiting list. I don't remember a single time (could be mis-remembering) when a wait list didn't clear by the time we embarked, or sometimes even day of tour.

Your kids will not be out of place at all. Summer Alaska itineraries often have lots of families. And there's such a wide variety of excursions-- with every level of activity.

Welcome to the Regent board, and I hope you'll enjoy Regent as much as we always do.

Thanks for your response. My 18 year old wants to go dog sledding, so that would be the only definite must have I think. Otherwise, I agree, everything sounds wonderful and choosing is going to be hard!

I am really getting excited. I think Regent will be a great fit for our family, we've only ever cruised on Disney (because husband works there and gets a discount). Will be nice to escape the Mickey Madness!