Special dinner nights?

sharon2975

we are on the explorer Feb 15th and are curious if there are nights with special dinners in Compass Rose? I know every night is special, but just want to make sure not to book the other restaurants on a night that may have something in CR that I would be sorry to miss.

Hi and welcome to the Regent board.

I just looked up your itinerary and it looks like you board on February 14th - is that right? If it is, then the Captain's Reception will be at 6:00 p.m. on the 15th in the Constellation Theater. There will be some special items on the menu on that night, but keep in mind that almost everyone goes from the theater to Compass Rose for dinner so it can be mobbed which translates into slower service.

We try to leave the reception at 6:25 p.m. and line up so that we are seated and can order before most of the other people that will be lining up to get in for a long time. If 6:30 p.m. is too early, I'd suggest waiting until at least 8:00 or 8:30 p.m.

The Captain's Farewell and Krew Capers show (a show put on by the crew and is a not to be missed event) should be on February 22nd because the 23rd is the last night and many people are busy packing, etc.

The menus will be on your television set so you can determine if you really want to eat in Compass Rose (even though it will be crowded) or not. I'm hoping that you have booked your specialty restaurant reservations online because last minute reservations can be difficult to get on short cruises. Sometimes we book a specialty restaurant for the night of the Captain's Farewell and, after seeing what is on the menu, will either go to the specialty restaurant or cancel (as early as possible) and go to Compass Rose.

Sorry for so much information. Hope that you enjoy your cruise on the "Most Luxurious Ship Ever Built". We love the Explorer!

Edited by Travelcat2

thanks so much for all the information. We do board on Feb 14th and are very excited. this is our first Regent cruise. What may we see on the menu on those special nights???

We have booked our dinners in the specialty restaurants, but I do see some availability if we are willing to share tables ( we do love to share as we will be sure to meet interesting people) so maybe night 2 would be a good time to dine elsewhere and avoid the crowd, if , there is not something we really would like to have on the special menu??? What would you do??

Beef Wellington, a caviar appetizer could be on the menu. The "special night's" aren't as special as they used to be because there are do many wonderful things available on the Compass Rose menu every night. We had lobster three night's in a row on a 30 night itinerary.