Setting up a Meet & Mingle with Princess

PRCruiser

Hello:

Does anybody have a contact a Princess for setting up Meet & Mingle meetings on board? We have an upcoming Panama Canal Cruise onboard the Island Princess and I would like to setup one. However, don't know anybody to contact on Princess...

Thanks for the help!

Andres

I'm in process of setting one up on a different ship. When I wrote the person, I asked if they'd forward the email to the correct person, in the event they no longer handled that ship.

It took a couple of days and ended up I had the right person! So write and then give them some time to get back to you. I actually called Princess before emailing and again before I got the reply and the rep tried valiantly to find the info for me but wasn't having any success. So I suggest you try the email paul929207 provided.

I'm in process of setting one up on a different ship. When I wrote the person, I asked if they'd forward the email to the correct person, in the event they no longer handled that ship.

It took a couple of days and ended up I had the right person! So write and then give them some time to get back to you. I actually called Princess before emailing and again before I got the reply and the rep tried valiantly to find the info for me but wasn't having any success. So I suggest you try the email paul929207 provided.

They are very good about answering their phone calls as well.

paul929207:

Thank you for Rosanne's info: she was the person I needed to get in touch to setup the M&M. Talk about customer service: I got a reply back with lounge, date and time for the meeting 28 minutes later after sending my first email to set it up! Wow, that was quick!

Once again, thanks to all for your comments!

Happy Cruising!

Andres

4 Minimum Although you could go with 3.

Rudolph, Jodi (PCL) jrudolph@princesscruises.com

When you have a firm count they want the #attending and Cabin passenger names and cabin #. Be sure you give it to them on the day they want it. Make sure you print out the email they send back and take it with you. Have the number at the top of the page and go to the Purser the first day.

I have little confidence in Princess as they screwed ours up saying we only had 15 instead of 50 people, numbers didn't match and the Skywalkers was double booked. We had to wait a day and then had it at Skywalkers. The Captain and 2 other Officers attended.

Also, if you are attending to invite the staff onboard the Crown Princess, they have requested that to avoid any mis-understandings, please bring a formal personal invitation for any Senior Officers that the group wishes to attend the Meet and Greet. You can bring the invitations to the Passenger Service Desk and they will assist you with the names of the staff members and the delivery of this request.

Thanks for the Meet and Greet answer. I'm hoping to grow our Roll Call when we get closer.

So far as hordes showing up....ha!

I haven't been to a Meet and Greet or Meet and Mingle in 3 or 4 years that drew a crowd.

It's fun, to me, to have friendly faces to run into around the ship, so I'm hoping this one will be a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Jagsfan, Just start a sheet with everyones name and cabin number and keep reminding them. Lot of people don't listen or think they know it all on these forums. Go to your ships name, date of sailing and set up a Roll Call if there isn't one. Some people wait til the day before sailng and ask you to remind them of date and time so be patient.

I was informed by The Officer On Duty on Crown who was in charge at the Pursers desk on Dec 21 2017 not to put it in the Patter so you could be wrong this time. Her statement was,'So many uninvited guests showed up we had to ID and turn people away who weren't on the list so they now ask for names and Cabin # for ea invited guest.

Also

Current position of M/S Grand Princess: Under way from Lahaina (Maui, Hawaii) to Ensenada

• Departure was 1 d 22 hrs 5 min ago. (at 18:00 h local time)
  • Arrival will be in 2 d 21 hrs 55 min. (at 16:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Lahaina (Maui, Hawaii): 894.60 nm (1,656.81 km)
  • Remaining distance to Ensenada: 1,359.58 nm (2,517.94 km)
  • Traveled distance since San Francisco (CA): 3,378.21 nm (6,256.44 km)

• Speed: 20.7 kn (38.3 km/h)
  • Course: 82°
  • maybe from a different source than AIS!

Edited by WupperAV

When you get aboard you can just ask the Purser, (Not an Assistant) to invite Officers and they can do it Via their onboard email. Easy Peasy!

Thanks. Have you had success with this method recently? The Princess coordinator specifically said that if I wanted the Senior Officers to attend I needed to send a "Formal personal invitation" that the Passenger Service desk personnel could help me title and distribute.

Thanks. Have you had success with this method recently? The Princess coordinator specifically said that if I wanted the Senior Officers to attend I needed to send a "Formal personal invitation" that the Passenger Service desk personnel could help me title and distribute.

Yes its best to have a formal invite.

We waited until we were onboard to verify officers then turned the invites over to the CD or a senior officer so we knew that would be delivered in a timely manner.

The desk has better things to do then write out emails.

Yes its best to have a formal invite.

We waited until we were onboard to verify officers then turned the invites over to the CD or a senior officer so we knew that would be delivered in a timely manner.

The desk has better things to do then write out emails.

Thank you. Do you have a sample of the wording that you used? This is my first time doing this on Princess.

Thank you. Do you have a sample of the wording that you used? This is my first time doing this on Princess.

There are a couple of examples here on CC somewhere.

However we just put together a simple one or 2 lines requesting their presence at our Cruise Critic Meet & Greet. We used a folded card with a design on the outside and blank on the inside. There is nothing required just make it simple quick and easy. They are well aware of CC and most enjoy dropping by.

We have also heard to try and have the M&G around Noon as they have breaks and meetings in the morning and early afternoon.

We sent to these, you don't have to invite all but whoever you want.

Capt

Staff Capt

Hotel Manager

Cruise Director

Entertainment Director

Maitre d

Customer Service Manager

Food and Beverage Manager

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We have also heard to try and have the M&G around Noon as they have breaks and meetings in the morning and early afternoon.

Someone at Princess determines when and where the M&G will be to fit in with other venue bookings. 11am on the first sea day seems to be a common time.

I've just printed a single sheet invitation to all senior officers and asked the service desk staff if they would put them in the senior officers mailboxes and we've had the Captain, Maitre D', Hotel Manager and others turn up.

Attached is the invitation I created for the last cruise we were on.

MGInvitation.pdf

Thank you both. I knew there were sample invites out here I had seen previously, I just couldn't find them.

When I contacted our rep, she suggested 10, but we were hoping to go later since that had been a request on the roll call. We were able to move it to 10:30, but not 11 or later.

I don't think the Island has as many venues as some of the other ships and we have 70 people who RSVP'd to come, so we needed a decent size location.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Hello:

Does anybody have a contact a Princess for setting up Meet & Mingle meetings on board? We have an upcoming Panama Canal Cruise onboard the Island Princess and I would like to setup one. However, don't know anybody to contact on Princess...

Thanks for the help!

Andres

FYI...On Princess it's called a Meet & Greet so you're on the same page with Princess.

Tom😀

Thank you both. I knew there were sample invites out here I had seen previously, I just couldn't find them.

When I contacted our rep, she suggested 10, but we were hoping to go later since that had been a request on the roll call. We were able to move it to 10:30, but not 11 or later.

I don't think the Island has as many venues as some of the other ships and we have 70 people who RSVP'd to come, so we needed a decent size location.

Thanks again for all of the help.

I have a template that I have used many tines to invite officers. I also have the form that I use to record people's information plus a flyer I use to email people the details. I also have a template for the name tags. If you email me at trbarton743 at aol dot com I'll supply you with what I have. Here's what I post:

A Meet & Greet is being planned. If you're interested please provide the following information.

Complete Names....

Number of people...

email address....

Cruise Critic Name...

With this information I send people my flyer with all of the details of the Meet & Greet.

I don't post any of the details on Cruise Critic so that I know whose coming.

Prior to the cruise I send a reminder flyer. I have sometimes made copies of my flyer & left it if the mail box outside each persons stateroom.

I generally ask for the time of 10:30 am - 11:30 am & on my last cruise just completed on the Crown there was a group of us that went for lunch afterwards in the MDR.

Put Meet & Greet information in the subject line so I know what it's about.

Tom😀