Still serving afternoon tea

Spikesgirl

We are going to be sailing on the Pacific Princess in May and I wondered, are they still serving tea in the afternoons? I went to their site and couldn't find anything about it.

My thanks ahead of time.

Yes. It's served in a portion of one of the restaurants. On the Regal they have an "Elegant Tea" About $25p/couple. Very nice!

Yes everyday and always FREE, except for Regal/Royal/Majestic (?). The 3 new ships have the free one plus an "elegant" one.

Ships sailing out of China do not have the free Afternoon Tea. Since Majestic will be based there after her shakedown season in the Med this spring we may have to reserve judgement.

See the ship-by-ship listing for Afternoon Tea on page 4 of this document:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

(Interesting that the link from post #2 shows Afternoon Tea classified by Princess as an "activity" rather than dining. But I tried to find that page under 'Activities' by my own search of the website and didn't see it either :confused:)

the one with the desserts and tea is there a charge or free?

There were nice small tea sandwiches/pastries/scones etc. in the "free" tea. The $25 tea had much nicer snacks. It was located off the Piazza on the Regal. About 20 or so pax could enjoy it. I thought it was worth it.

Ships sailing out of China do not have the free Afternoon Tea. Since Majestic will be based there after her shakedown season in the Med this spring we may have to reserve judgement.

See the ship-by-ship listing for Afternoon Tea on page 4 of this document:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

(Interesting that the link from post #2 shows Afternoon Tea classified by Princess as an "activity" rather than dining. But I tried to find that page under 'Activities' by my own search of the website and didn't see it either :confused:)

You answered my question as to why I couldn't find it. I was looking under food!

Thank you so much for this. We are sailing on the Pacific, so we will look forward to afternoon tea!

Yes everyday and always FREE, except for Regal/Royal/Majestic (?). The 3 new ships have the free one plus an "elegant" one.

That's great to know. We've been sailing with Princess for twenty years now and never had tea, but we have a newbie along and she asked if we could. We're on the Pacific, so it will be a fun thing to do on a sea day.

Sadly (for the sake of the tea), we are on the Pacific. Thank you so much!

The standard tea service is still a very nice relaxing affair. Admittedly it was not attended by more than 50 or so pax. Not a really good turnout for a ship that carriers over 3000pax.

We are going to be sailing on the Pacific Princess in May and I wondered, are they still serving tea in the afternoons? I went to their site and couldn't find anything about it.

My thanks ahead of time.

I believe so.

You're going on my favourite ship, enjoy.

Not sure of the dining times on Pacific Princess. I believe they only have Traditional Dining - no Anytime Dining - but don't know what times they offer. On one of our cruises (Coral Princess) we were "confirmed" for 5:45 dining but, once we boarded, we discovered they had moved us to 5:15. It was waaaaaaaaaaay too early for us and pretty much made the afternoon tea a no-go unless we skipped dinner as the tea was so close to our scheduled dinner time. Sad because we do like to attend the tea sometimes. Just something to be aware of in case you have crazy early dining.

The standard tea service is still a very nice relaxing affair. Admittedly it was not attended by more than 50 or so pax. Not a really good turnout for a ship that carriers over 3000pax.

We're sailing on the Pacific, only 670 on it, so I'm sure it's a smaller number of attendees, but I'm quite looking forward to giving 'tea' a try!

Not sure of the dining times on Pacific Princess. I believe they only have Traditional Dining - no Anytime Dining - but don't know what times they offer. On one of our cruises (Coral Princess) we were "confirmed" for 5:45 dining but, once we boarded, we discovered they had moved us to 5:15. It was waaaaaaaaaaay too early for us and pretty much made the afternoon tea a no-go unless we skipped dinner as the tea was so close to our scheduled dinner time. Sad because we do like to attend the tea sometimes. Just something to be aware of in case you have crazy early dining.

We've sailed on the Pacific many times - our dining choices are only 6 or 8 and we're in the early seating. Our game plan is to go on a day when we will be going to one of the specialty restaurants so we can have a later dining time.

Ours, too! It's a great little ship.

She was our first which may be part of the reason.

And I'd love a few things she is missing. Maybe a corner of the Oanorama Buffet set up as a cafe in off hours. Last time we were on her it didn't open for dinner, but I understand that has changed.

But we love her and they can send her back down here whenever they want.

Gets into spots the others can't hope too, you get to know your fellow cruisers, towns don't feel totally overrun.