Carnival Pride Feedback

Cruisekid87

March 2017 will be our 22nd cruise and our 5th on the Carnival Pride. We've sailed with most of the cruise lines, and we really like the Carnival Pride. We like the size of the Carnival Spirit-Class ships. We've been cruising since the mid 80's, and like the smaller to mid-size ships. If you have kids, they may like the more modern mega ships.

A few of the other reasons we like the Pride are: leaving from Baltimore which is 1 1/2 hrs. from home, the crew has always been great, the food is fine, and if the menu doesn't appeal to you, you can always find something at the buffet or room service. The price (that's a big reason). It doesn't have skating rinks, climbing walls, etc. That's fine if that's what you like. I guess it comes down to what you are looking for in your cruise. We like fun, relaxation, a great time all around. We make our own good time by traveling with family or friends...we're on vacation.

I have to be honest though, I didn't really like my first cruise on the Carnival Pride. I tried it a second time, and I did a complete turnaround. The first time I was comparing it to another Carnival ship, and other cruise lines. The fact is, we started cruising when cruising was a bit different than it is now. I've grown accustomed to the cruising of today and moved forward.

I think you'll enjoy the Pride. If you like a nice cocktail, try the Alchemy Bar, if you like sushi give Bonsai sushi a try, and if your a lover of burgers, try Guy's Burgers. Whatever you do have fun on your cruise.

We love the Pride too and sailing from Baltimore is a plus, only a 3 hour drive from NE PA. We will be on our 6th Pride cruise on April 2nd. We like the layout of the Sprite Class ships and the crew is the best. I hear Ken the Maitre d' is returning soon which is great news as he has always been helpful to us. Since having the 2.0 upgrades added the Pride is even better. We always had fun at the comedy club too.

To decide if this is the right ship for you is hard to say. But I can say the Pride is for us. You can have a busy cruise doing everything available or you can have a restful cruise. We have done both, I participated in synchronize swimming, ice cream eating contests, game show and bunches of other zany activities. A cruise is what you want to make of it. But what ever you choose enjoy, relax and have fun.

Hi all, we are looking at Cruising the Pride in July, haven't cruised in about 5 years, looking for some feedback on her. Thank you,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While it really is dependent on personal reasons, some love the Magic and Conquest which we did not like, I will say we love the Spirit class ships and the Pride is the one we've been on the most and will be on again this summer.

The layout is the best for passengers, it never feels crowded, has 3 pools which includes the adult only Serenity area, has the 2.0 upgrades, 2 water slides, etc

We love the Pride!!!! Sailed on her this past September and the first time was her inaugural year. She has the 2.0 upgrade and was a wonderful ship!!! Service was superb! Food was not our fave compared to Royal's . Only complaints I had was food and their water taste. I had to drink bottled because of the nasty taste. Everything else was AWESOME!! Lots to do activities and shows were really good too! You will enjoy her :)

We thoroughly enjoyed the Pride. There are 2 comprehensive reviews that will give you a real feel for what to expect. The link to Jamman's Pride review is here and Mistugirly's Pride review is here

Thanks for the two links aztekpm.. I've started read some of Jamman's posts and already loving it... Can't wait.. July is too far away..

I LOVE the Pride. I have been on her 2 times already and just booked a third cruise for the 09.02.18 sailing. Love the Alchemy Bar, Blue Iguana and Guys burgers. The Pizza is a MUST!!! The size of the ship makes it easy to navigate from place to place.

Thanks for the tips Daisy, we can't wait.. Last sail was 9 years ago, definitely due.. Did you say PIZZA... [emoji3]

Out of 11 Carnival cruises, the Pride without a doubt, is my favorite ship. Not too big, not to small. Baltimore is an easy & organized port. We're thinking of booking her again next year. Have a great trip!

Thanks MalleyCat, last cruise I was on was victory.. So looking forward to something different..

We love the Pride!!!! Sailed on her this past September and the first time was her inaugural year. She has the 2.0 upgrade and was a wonderful ship!!! Service was superb! Food was not our fave compared to Royal's . Only complaints I had was food and their water taste. I had to drink bottled because of the nasty taste. Everything else was AWESOME!! Lots to do activities and shows were really good too! You will enjoy her :)

Thanks LewLew, I've never had a complaint about the food on any of my precious ships, hoping this is no different.. I will substitute beer for water, that should do the trick..[emoji12]

While it really is dependent on personal reasons, some love the Magic and Conquest which we did not like, I will say we love the Spirit class ships and the Pride is the one we've been on the most and will be on again this summer.

The layout is the best for passengers, it never feels crowded, has 3 pools which includes the adult only Serenity area, has the 2.0 upgrades, 2 water slides, etc

Thank you, I've heard it doesn't feel crowded from others which is good to hear..

We love the Pride too and sailing from Baltimore is a plus, only a 3 hour drive from NE PA. We will be on our 6th Pride cruise on April 2nd. We like the layout of the Sprite Class ships and the crew is the best. I hear Ken the Maitre d' is returning soon which is great news as he has always been helpful to us. Since having the 2.0 upgrades added the Pride is even better. We always had fun at the comedy club too.

To decide if this is the right ship for you is hard to say. But I can say the Pride is for us. You can have a busy cruise doing everything available or you can have a restful cruise. We have done both, I participated in synchronize swimming, ice cream eating contests, game show and bunches of other zany activities. A cruise is what you want to make of it. But what ever you choose enjoy, relax and have fun.

Thanks Jmae, we are sure looking forward to it. Baltimore is closest port to us Canadians, so that will keep us close enough to drive. I love participating in the games/shows.. Can't wait..

Pride was the best cruise out of all my 16, but then again, that was the cruise I got married on. That was in 2015. I've been on the Pride previously though.

Its a good ship with a good crew. It will give you the cruise vacation without many of the bells and whistles of an ultra new ship. The recent upgrades are great, especially guys burgers.

Baltimore is also a great port to cruise out of as well.

The Pride is a nice, slightly smaller sized ship. Easy to navigate, friendly staff. Though I am not crazy about the normal itineraries the ship does, we have done one journeys cruise and have another booked for 2019. For just a quick trip close to home it could be nice, but often I don't find the prices to be super great, but they vary.

Overall our favorite cruise has been on the Pride, though it was the Journeys cruise. Most memorable crew members were on that sailing, we had some of the best entertainment and dining staff ever. Though we also had a suite both times too, with the last time being the Vista Suite, really wish I could afford one of those again for 2019, but they went crazy on the price.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Pride. There are 2 comprehensive reviews that will give you a real feel for what to expect. The link to Jamman's Pride review is here and Mistugirly's Pride review is here

Thank you posting these links.

I may have read them, but will go read them again . We will be on the Pride Repo in February and I am really looking forward to it!:)

Thanks Jmae, we are sure looking forward to it. Baltimore is closest port to us Canadians, so that will keep us close enough to drive. I love participating in the games/shows.. Can't wait..

If you are coming down 81 it will be an easy ride. I travel to Canada each year for a fishing vacation. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by JMAE

I really love the Pride! I sailed on her twice now with my most recent cruise in May 2016. The simplicity of the Spirit class ships is what attracts me to cruise them. Sailing out of Baltimore is extremely convenient and one of the most non-hassle ports that I've been to. The Pride is just a beautiful ship!!

Thank you posting these links.

I may have read them, but will go read them again . We will be on the Pride Repo in February and I am really looking forward to it!:)

I believe Jamman is actually doing that too. I just booked the Nov 2018 - 14 day Journey cruise on the Pride, will be 3 new Islands for me, but, must say I'm looking forward to the sea days!

Edited by aztekpm