Changing Cabins after booking

vjblk

I have never tried this before and wondered what the process is. After I booked my cruise, some cabins have become available whose location I might like better. What would I need to do to change cabins? Thanks for any advice.

I have never tried this before and wondered what the process is. After I booked my cruise, some cabins have become available whose location I might like better. What would I need to do to change cabins? Thanks for any advice.

Same cabin type/category?

Better location can mean more $$

Call Princess or your travel agent.

Can't hurt to ask, it may cost more, but all you can do is ask.

I have experienced exactly your situation. I had booked through Princess direct so I just rang them and explained the situation. No problem with the change - they did it while I was talking to them on the phone. Yes there was a slight adjustment (increase) in the cost of the cabin but that was fine. There was no actual charge for making the change. If you did your booking through a travel agent I am sure the situation would be the same - just ask them to arrange.

I have experienced exactly your situation. I had booked through Princess direct so I just rang them and explained the situation. No problem with the change - they did it while I was talking to them on the phone. Yes there was a slight adjustment (increase) in the cost of the cabin but that was fine. There was no actual charge for making the change. If you did your booking through a travel agent I am sure the situation would be the same - just ask them to arrange.

Unless the TA charges a fee for changes.

Thanks, I'll give them a call. I believe they are the same category just a different deck. As you said it can't hurt to ask. The cruise isn't until September and we are well before final payment.

Unless the TA charges a fee for changes.

Ewww... A TA that charges a change fee. It would be time for a new TA if I had that happen.

OP: Just be sure that there isn't a mess up on the room change. Make sure to ask about any perks you have coming and make sure they don't accidentally disappear when they book the new cabin.

Thanks, I'll give them a call. I believe they are the same category just a different deck. As you said it can't hurt to ask. The cruise isn't until September and we are well before final payment.

If it is the same category there is no problem at all.

There is never a Princess charge to do this if in the same category.

It does not matter if it is before or after final payment.

There is no change of amenities from when you booked the cruise. It is simply a cabin number change.

Just tell the representative you would like to switch to another cabin in your category and which is the one you want to switch to.

• Like 1

Ewww... A TA that charges a change fee. It would be time for a new TA if I had that happen.

Never use a TA who charges a booking fee, a cancellation fee, or a change fee. Simple principle, and I wonder how some agencies get away with doing so.

If it is the same category, you keep the same booking with the same price and percs. It doesn't matter what the current price for that category is.

If it is a different category, then you will probably have to rebook at the current price with the current percs and you will lose the percs from your original booking. You will need to decide which is better.

I don't believe you will have a problem. We went from one category to another, which was lower priced and Princess refunded the difference. Then, we moved from that category to a full suite when it became available, and paid the increase.

This was all on the same cruise & we kept the original perks, and actually gained more OBC as under the sale we originally booked it under, had a higher OBC for full suites than a mini-suite. The change to the lower category & then to the full suite was both done after final payment. We did not have to cancel & rebook as reservation confirmation stayed the same.

Others may have had actual, different experiences, that is just ours and was on the Coral last year.