Viking Documents Question

seatrial

I only like Sweet White Wine? Will I find this on the Viking Var (Rhine River) ? :confused:

The white wine served with lunch and dinner on all the Viking cruises I have been on has been dry. Also available is a rose wine which I didn't taste but I understand that is sweet. Otherwise ask for the house sparkling wine which is sweet.

• 2 weeks later...
That is so exciting Francis as ours should be arriving in a couple weeks then too! Are you getting excited?:D

Trying to keep from peaking too soon banditoo:) I tried to put in a picture link but didn't work. BTW - thanks again for your site which really simplified our planning.

FM

We are doing our first Viking cruise at the end of next month. When should we expect a packet? I didn't even realize we would be getting one! If you book with a TA, do you get it from them or directly from Viking? I haven't been thrilled with our TA so far (thank gosh for CC to keep me in the know!) and I know that even SHE doesn't expect a packet. She told me that was "it" (of things to expect pre-trip) once I got my flight info (and it wasn't even the official flight info, I found out HERE). Unfortunately, because we initially booked through a TA, viking won't deal with us directly at all, so I'm stuck with her. :(

We are doing our first Viking cruise at the end of next month. When should we expect a packet? I didn't even realize we would be getting one! If you book with a TA, do you get it from them or directly from Viking? I haven't been thrilled with our TA so far (thank gosh for CC to keep me in the know!) and I know that even SHE doesn't expect a packet. She told me that was "it" (of things to expect pre-trip) once I got my flight info (and it wasn't even the official flight info, I found out HERE). Unfortunately, because we initially booked through a TA, viking won't deal with us directly at all, so I'm stuck with her. :(

If you can get your TA to contact Viking, she can request the documents go to you rather than her.... Otherwise they will go to her and you can only hope she will forward to you!

Is she a local TA??? Where you can run down to her office?

We are leaving On July 31.Our silver box from Viking arrived over a week ago. It looks like it came directly from Viking. I see nothing on the box that indicates that the travel agent had received it first. You can certainly call Viking and ask about it. I have called about several matters and they have answered my questions despite the fact that I used a TA.

If you can get your TA to contact Viking, she can request the documents go to you rather than her.... Otherwise they will go to her and you can only hope she will forward to you!

Is she a local TA??? Where you can run down to her office?

That's true. Many agents do not know that they can request the documents to go directly to their clients. Some agencies have a policy that all documents must be routed through their agency first. In that case, they often sit in massive piles of documents on someone's desk while they eventually sort through them and send them out. Call your TA and ask him/her to request them to be sent to you directly. Viking is usually very amenable to this.

Thanks for the info. Yes, my TA is local. It's just been crazy that for a lot of this vacation I have had to tell HER what to expect and ask her for things (like pre-ticketing when I was really worried about getting good seats on our flights) after finding out about it on CC. She is just kind of clueless and obviously not very good at her job. The other ladies at the agency seem to be pretty on-the-ball (they have stepped in to help out while we were there a few times) but it's a little nerve-wracking to be in her hands. :/

Thanks for the info. Yes, my TA is local. It's just been crazy that for a lot of this vacation I have had to tell HER what to expect and ask her for things (like pre-ticketing when I was really worried about getting good seats on our flights) after finding out about it on CC. She is just kind of clueless and obviously not very good at her job. The other ladies at the agency seem to be pretty on-the-ball (they have stepped in to help out while we were there a few times) but it's a little nerve-wracking to be in her hands. :/

I also "once" had a clueless local agent. What I use to do was go down to her office and get her to make calls and get info WHILE I was sitting at her desk. That way I got the info first hand (had her out the call on speaker) and made sure it was done correctly. I no longer use those people, very nice but clueless!