M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

helpthejuggler

SHIP: Millie

CABIN # 8115

DECK: 8

CLASS: C2

AREA: Starboard Mid-ship

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Normal

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

WIND: No

SOOT: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: this stateroom was earlier denoted as having window-washing equipment. It has been relocated!!! (5/27/16)

The balcony view is unobstructed. [emoji7]

CABIN #: Millennium 3114

DECK #: 3

CLASS: 6

AREA: mid-ship

BED NEAR: Right wall upon cabin entry

QUIET?: Debatable, see comments below

BALCONY VIEW: N/A

BALCONY SIZE: N/A

WIND A PROBLEM?: N/A

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

We are now on the 5/20/2016 Southbound sailing on the Millennium and we have cabin 3114. There IS noise in this cabin. It sounds like a diesel truck is idling 10 yards away outside the window. Not a very loud noise, but it is there. The sound is there 24x7, even in port. This is very strange, because we sailed northbound the week prior in cabin 3116 next door, and it was so quiet - a fantastic cabin. Cabin 3114 is directly in front of the entry to the hallway were these cabins are located. All of the cabins in this area have extra large 5 foot diameter windows and were installed in the 2012 refurb. Opposite the hallway entry is a decorative wall in the main hallway that you can hear large machinery behind if you listen closely. Apparently this effects only cabin 3114, as our neighbors in 3112 hear nothing, and we heard nothing while in 3116 the prior week. We did advise the ship's staff, though I suspect this is simply the nature of this room. So, we basically ignore the noise and do our best to enjoy our vacation, but if you are noise sensitive then this may not be the best cabin for you.

CABIN #:9158

DECK #:9

CLASS:M-class Infinity

AREA:Aft direct view

BED NEAR: bathroom

QUIET?: NOISY BETWEEN 6AM AND 10PM. FREQUENT LOUD chair scraping noise from outdoor dining area immediately above as diners move their table/chair around. Adjacent cabins also agreed about the frequent disturbance from dining patio above. DO NOT TAKE FV cabins on Deck 9.

BALCONY VIEW: 180 degree aft

BALCONY SIZE: 140 sq ft , 2 loungers, table with 4 chairs

WIND A PROBLEM?: not significant

SOOT A PROBLEM?: NO

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: chairs, tables dragged in dining area above make loud reverberating noise heard clearly through ceiling in the cabin from early until 10pm every day when weather allows outside dining from buffet on deck 10. Buffet convenient short walk next deck above.

SHIP: Constellation

CABIN #: 6147

DECK #: 6

CLASS/CATEGORY: Penthouse Suite

LOCATION/AREA: Aft Portside

QUIET?: Very Quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Extraordinary!

BALCONY SIZE: Over 1,000 square feet

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Cabin of a lifetime! an extraordinary enhancement to our trip. We hosted 2 sail-away parties and a short social after a cabin crawl. Easily accommodates 50+ people. A true delight and dream to experience. Master bathroom was amazing, wanted to take it home with me. Jacuzzi tubs in both Master and on Deck - we used both :)

Photos of the Suite can be viewed here:

Edited by hvbaskey

Spreadsheet updated to and including post # 304.

Added the following to the columns to include Porthole View and Size: please include comments on the View/Size of your OV cabin as you write your overall review.

SHIP:

CABIN #:

DECK #:

CLASS/CATEGORY:

LOCATION/AREA:

QUIET?:

BALCONY/PORTHOLE VIEW:

BALCONY/PORTHOLE SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Edited by hvbaskey

CABIN #: 1120

DECK #: 11

CLASS/CATEGORY: Aqua

LOCATION/AREA: Aft Starboard

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY/PORTHOLE VIEW: Starboard to Aft view. Forward view partially blocked to to adjacent full bump

BALCONY/PORTHOLE SIZE: Half bump, so balcony is larger than standard.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Some debris on balcony. There was construction in the basketball court above on deck 12, so it may have been coming from there. There is only a partial overhang to shade the balcony so you will get sun. AC has a hard time keeping up when sun is on the starboard side.

CABIN #: 6124

CLASS: S2

AREA: Right side, near the back half of the ship

BED NEAR: Wall, with feet facing window

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: Not straight into the water, but no obstruction

BALCONY SIZE: Larger than any we've had before

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Our first Suite, and it was exceptional. Bathroom had a tub, which for shorter guests might be a bit of a hurdle, we are tall and it was a bit of an adjustment for us. Having the bed facing the window was nice as opposed to parallel as we've had before in regular veranda rooms. The only bad thing was, there is a window in the shower, with blinds on it, that werent quite closed all the way, so at night you could see the glow of the nightlight. Our butler had something made and velcro'd on there to block the light. The switch for the blinds was not working, and our butler said it will likely just get removed since this is the 3rd time they've tried to fix it.

The closet was WALK IN. And when you opened the door the light came on, a couple times in the night, the light randomly came on and scared the begeezus out of us, so just be sure the door is secured.

The bed is a true king, no rounded ends like in the other rooms, plenty of walk around space.

Tv was a bit glitchy

Phone never really worked well in either the bedroom or the bathroom.

Scale in the Bathroom we asked to immediately be removed.

There was a docking station, with the old 32 pin there, but someone stole the power cord, so we never could use it.

I do have a video and many pics I cant figure out how to attach, but will work on them!

Please let me know if you have any questions. We hope to be able to get a suite again if the price is right, we LOVED IT.

CABIN #: 6069

CLASS: 2B

AREA: mid-ship, nearer to front than aft

QUIET?: No. Every morning around 5:30 a.m. for several hours there was a muffled banging noise from below. It did not wake my husband, but it woke me and prevented me from getting back to sleep. Also, one day of our seven day cruise they were working on the lifeboat right below our cabin and it was noisy for hours - whether this is regular or not I do not know.

BALCONY VIEW: Lifeboats on deck below. Not that big of a deal - however - there was a bigger issue in that there was a crew walkway right next to the lifeboat underneath us, with a bright light that was on 24 hours a day. Not noticeable during the day, but at night we could not sit out on the balcony without blocking the view on one side with a towel or similar as it was shining right into the eyes of the person sitting aft on the balcony.

BALCONY SIZE: standard

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: FYI, this was on the Summit. Due to the early morning noise and the bright light shining on the balcony I would never book this cabin again.

CABIN #: 3066

DECK #: 3

CLASS: 6

AREA: mid-ship, closer to forward than aft

BED NEAR: center of room

QUIET?: yes overall, although for some reason on our cruises (we did this as a B2B) there was an excessive amount of noise from other traveler's cabin doors slamming shut. Perhaps this was due to the particular people on our cruises and an overall lack of common courtesy. But also the fact that there are a lot of inside cabins in that part of the corridor might have factored in, I am not sure.

BALCONY VIEW: no balcony

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The bathroom has slightly less room as there must be a small post or something in the right back corner, when you are facing in. There was a corner wall jutting in about 6-8 inches or so. Not a big deal, but you do lose a small amount of vanity space, which is of course already small. I much, much prefer balcony cabins, but if I were booking another OV cabin I would not hesitate to book this cabin again as it was fine overall.

Edited by phoenix_dream

• 2 weeks later...

CABIN #: Millennium 6139

CLASS: Royal Suite Refurbished 2 weeks before our cruise

AREA: Near the rear

BED NEAR: Separate Bedroom

BALCONY VIEW: Wonderful

BALCONY SIZE: Huge

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Drydock was 2 weeks before our cruise and all RS and PH were redone. New furniture and totally gutted and redone bath. Good was leather chairs that swiveled in living area, huge sofa, new bed linens. Not so good, bath now has basins above the counter and water splashes easily, beds still sag, new table and chairs in dining area not as good as what they replaced which was 4 chairs with a round table. Now an oval table with a wall bench and 2 chairs. The same was the balcony with 2 loungers, table with 4 chairs, and a small hot tub.

• 3 weeks later...
CABIN #: 8168

DECK #: 8 (Constellation)

CLASS: FV-Family View Veranda

AREA: Aft facing

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Very quiet even when docking in the AM

BALCONY VIEW: Aft-facing, with a little side view

BALCONY SIZE: Huge - 2 tables, 4 chairs and 2 footstools and there was still room for lots more. About half the veranda is covered and half open. People above can look down on the open part but only from deck 9; we could just see our railing from the Oceanview Cafe on deck 10. This is an amazing veranda!

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

STORAGE: Plenty. Large cabinets under the desk, 2 more multi-drawer cabinets in the separate sitting room, six small drawers in the closet, another cabinet in the "curio display case" in the entryway, big closet with lots of hangers, cabinets under the bathroom sink. This cabin is meant for families and there would be ample room for 4 people - for 2 people we had loads of empty space.

OTHER AMENITIES: This cabin had a large pull-out sofa bed and a second smaller loveseat with an oval table in between. Sitting area is separated from the bed/bath by a partition and sliding door. The entry door faces the starboard side of the ship but then there's a 90 degree turn aft. There is an amazing amount of space - it's a suite without the suite price or butler.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is the cabin next to the corner cabin. The corner has an even larger veranda but has less privacy, and if it's windy or rainy, less shelter. The cabin on the other side is a Concierge Class cabin, at a higher price point. Because it wasn't overly warm on our cruise, we definitely loved having the extra protection from the wind. This was an outstanding cabin, good access to the public areas from the aft stairwell and very quiet. LOVED it!

We were in this cabin last month by booking a Veranda Guarantee and loved it!

CABIN #: Constellation 6104

CLASS: Celebrity Suite

AREA: Mid ship

BED NEAR: Separate Bedroom

BALCONY VIEW: Great - unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Double width, standard depth, curved

WIND A PROBLEM?: Yes. Cabin faces forward and and sticks out beyond rest of ship. Wind is strong when underway.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS - Getting out of the tub was an adventure, but we survived. Didn't try the Jacuzzi feature. Otherwise this is the best cabin we have ever had (first suite, but hard to imagine improving on the layout). So much storage! Such great views!

I have taken the plunge to collate the results for the past 4 years into an Excel spreadsheet that can be filtered by the Reader:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BsykXmdAxnY0hOSZOys9ixw9qAEsCduOteFDtkGilno/edit?usp=sharing

2013 has been compiled ... will slowly add all the postings - LONG term project ;-)

I have added a column (first one) to indicate the year that the information was submitted, in case there were refurbs between then and when you look up the data.

Heather

Heather, in the words of my teen, you ROCK OUT LOUD!! Thanks so much for the Google Doc!:D

SHIP: Celebrity Summit

CABIN #: 9111

DECK #: 9

CLASS/CATEGORY: Sky Suite

LOCATION/AREA: Midship, second cabin from the elevators

QUIET?: Rarely heard anything, occ. scraping of a chair. Could hear music from deck party faintly when on the balcony

BALCONY/PORTHOLE VIEW: Great, able to fore and aft

BALCONY/PORTHOLE SIZE: 50% larger than a standard balcony

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The internet connection was good, but the speed was fairly typical of a satellite connection. I was able to get on quickly and read e-mails, surf, etc. However I was unable to stream videos as they kept buffering too long.

The one thing I did not care for was that the bed faced toward the balcony and the TV. I had to close the curtain if I wanted to watch TV or take a nap during the daytime.

Very convenient location to the stairs and elevators. Just had to go up one flight to the Ocean View Cafe and the pool.

I would not hesitate to book this cabin again if I am lucky enough to get a good price on a suite. Being able to eat in Luminae and hang out at Michael's Club made it all the more special.

• 3 weeks later...

SHIP: Summit

CABIN #: 2130

DECK #: 2

CLASS/CATEGORY: OV Cat 7

LOCATION/AREA: mid ship

QUIET?: yes, except when docking

BALCONY/PORTHOLE VIEW: unobstructed

BALCONY/PORTHOLE SIZE: large window

WIND A PROBLEM?: n/a

SOOT A PROBLEM?: n/a

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We were pleasantly surprised by this cabin. The location was terrific, mid ship on deck 2, if you don't mind walking up the stairs to get anywhere. Very easy to get to when getting back on board.

One thing to note- when docking you hear noise for quite sometime. This occurred as we were docking in Bermuda and again back in Bayonne. For this cruise, with 2 nights docked in Bermuda, it was fine but I would not book this cabin (or perhaps any deck 2 cabin) when the ship sails out of San Juan. We were awakened at 5 am both times. Again, not a problem for Bermuda, but would be for the Southern Caribbean run.

CABIN #: 9070

DECK #: 9

CLASS: AQ2

AREA: Mid-ship; equal distant to forward and mid-ship elevators

BED NEAR: Closet

QUIET?: Yes. Only noise was the occasional towel carrier during the day. Quiet at night except for a bit of noise evening of deck party. Steward's cart parked about four cabins forward.

BALCONY VIEW: Good - Large overhang keeps you in the shade.

BALCONY SIZE: Good

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not at all

SOOT A PROBLEM?: None

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Booked this cabin for another cruise since 1140 and its neighbors were already taken.

Ship- Summit

CABIN #: 6146

CLASS: S1

AREA: Aft-Starboard

BED NEAR: facing foward

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: good

BALCONY SIZE: typical for an S1

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Large marble bathroom with a walk in shower and also a bathtub, one of two special bathrooms in the Suite next to the Penthouse. Only problem is that the lock on the balcony door never worked. Reported it, but it was never fixed. Furniture could also use refinishing. Bed was comfortable. Booked cabin 6145 next year- hope lock works and maybe the suite will be updated.

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 2 weeks later...

CABIN #: 7208

DECK #: 7

CLASS/CATEGORY: C1

LOCATION/AREA: Aft

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY/PORTHOLE VIEW: stunning views of the wake

BALCONY/PORTHOLE SIZE: large balcony with table & 4 chairs & 2 loungers

SOOT A PROBLEM?: odd flake at very end of balcony, so not a problem

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Fantastic extra large balcony, loved this aft cabin. Also very quiet area; had kids in 7210 opposite and it was ideal :).

• 2 weeks later...

CABIN #: 8118

DECK #: 8

CLASS/CATEGORY: C2

LOCATION/AREA: mid ships. Bed is near bathroom.

BALCONY/PORTHOLE VIEW: fine, can see lifeboats (minimal) near bump

BALCONY/PORTHOLE SIZE: standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:Convenient for lift and concierge. Nice to have family in connecting cabin (8120) though if door to balcony on one was open noise impacted considerably in other, Can also hear some 'ordinary' noise eg television but not disturbing.

• 2 weeks later...

CABIN #: 6145

CLASS/CATEGORY: S1

LOCATION/AREA: Aft, but not facing aft

QUIET?: Yes!

BALCONY/PORTHOLE VIEW: No obstructions

BALCONY/PORTHOLE SIZE: Nicely-sized veranda, deep; has an awning but our family members in the corner aft FV on deck 9 could see if we were on our veranda so it's not entirely private (this wasn't a big deal for us, but it may bother others)

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Cabin is in an area mostly surrounded by larger suites so fewer people coming and going. Bathroom was enormous, which was helpful because we had our 16-yr-old niece traveling with us (double sink vanity, woo-hoo! :D ). If I had to be really picky I'd suggest =X= update the color scheme, which was done primarily in dark-stained wood and forest green...:eek:

This cabin has a connecting door to the Penthouse Suite--a few times we heard someone in there playing the piano but we didn't mind (the person played rather well so that may explain why it didn't bother us).

• 2 weeks later...

Ship. Infinity

Cabin. 6048

Deck. 6 starboard facing aft

Class. 2B deluxe ocean view Veranda

Location. Forward

Quiet. Yes

Obstruction. No. Could see straight down to water

Balcony. Oversized on slant. Fantastic balcony. We were on an Alaskan cruise and the wind was blocked by the cabin next to ours which made the balcony amazingly warm when in fact the temperature was in the high 50's to low 60's when we were at the Hubbard glacier.

Wind a problem. No

Soot. No

Bed. Near closet

Problems/Comments. Great cabin. Grab it if you can.

• Like 1

Bumping this info forward - for new posters:

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research.

The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Google Spreadsheet Summary (Click Here)

Please use the format below for posting your cabin reviews.

Feel free to add links to photos and/or videos in the comments section.

SHIP:

CABIN #:

DECK #:

CLASS/CATEGORY:

LOCATION/AREA:

QUIET?:

BALCONY/PORTHOLE VIEW:

BALCONY/PORTHOLE SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

COMMENTS:

Thanks for your contribution.

Edited by hvbaskey

• 2 weeks later...

SHIP: Summit

CABIN #: 6121

CLASS/CATEGORY: SS2

LOCATION/AREA: Mid-ship/Mid-deck

QUIET?: Not really

BALCONY/PORTHOLE VIEW: View below obstructed with a deck and mechanical equipment.

BALCONY/PORTHOLE SIZE: Normal - 1 table, 2 chairs and 2 footstools

COMMENTS:

This stateroom is in a great location -between mid and aft elevators/stairs. Very convenient for walking up or down the stairs.

The obstruction below the balcony was not an issue for us. We never heard or saw anyone on the deck below. This may be a different issue on a warm weather cruise, though the smoking section is suppose to be further down on the deck.

Warning: It is located just across the hall from a service door that was usually left cracked open. Yes, there was occasional noise coming from the service room with the stewards and Butler's coming and going. This really did not bother us as we are early risers and went to bed after things had quieted down a bit. It did help that we travel with a white noise machine.

Also, we had lighting issues with the stateroom:

#1 - Light coming under our door from hallway because of a large gap under the door. Solved by placing a towel in front of the door. This also helped with the hall noise.

#2 - The overall lighting in the cabin was very dim. Putting on make-up at the vanity was very difficult, even with the small lighted mirror provided. The bathroom lighting was good, but space was an issue if more than one person was trying to get ready in there.

#3 - As mentioned in another review, the closet lights are very temperamental . The slightest movement in the cabin could set them on. This was especially true during moderate to rough seas. It became comical for us. One night, we had extremely rough seas from hurricane Michael. The closet lights came on so much that we left them on and tried to sleep that way.

#4 - There is an odd window between the bathroom tub and the bedroom area of the stateroom. It does have a permanently closed blind in between the panes, but the bathroom light shows through to the bedroom. Especially annoying if someone uses the bathroom in the middle of the night. Best to try to "go" without turning the light on. ;)

Another odd thing about this cabin is that the floor was uneven in several places about the stateroom (from entry to balcony). We think it is where the welding from one part of the ship to another took place and it has become unstable during the years. We also think this is why the closet lights were triggered in rough seas/or even by just walking by the closet doors. :rolleyes: Although we were fine with it, I can see how the slightest variation in flooring heights could cause an elderly person to trip.

Now, having mentioned all the above nuisances, if 6121 was the only available Sky Suite available, we would probably book it again.

We did visit some friends in an accessible SS and decided that we preferred our stateroom. :) After spending 14 nights in that cabin, we had grown to love it.