shore excursion reservations w/creditcard

zonkerstl

Has anyone, before boarding, made shore excursion reservations online or on the phone using their credit card and then after boarding the ship cancelled the excursions? If so, did the money you paid go back to your credit card or was it put in your onboard account?

Thanks for your answer.

Has anyone, before boarding, made shore excursion reservations online or on the phone using their credit card and then after boarding the ship cancelled the excursions? If so, did the money you paid go back to your credit card or was it put in your onboard account?

Thanks for your answer.

I always make our shore excursions on line ahead of time because I save at least 10% booking ahead. We usually don't cancel them, but the last cruise we did we rebooked two of them and wound up having to pay the difference! Which was added to our OB account. I think if you request it to go back to your credit card they'll do it.

Now I have a question: if you put it in OBC and don't use it, do they refund it to your credit card?

If you cancel on board after pre booking on line before cruise your OBC will be credited. If you do not use the OBC from the cancellation, your credit card will be refunded. We did cancel on board so that we could rebook and use some of our OBC to pay for the tours. One tour was the same price as the online price I had paid and another was about $10 more per person