On Infinity now through Jul 31.

hnet999

We plan on doing the whale watching tour in Icy Point too. How big is the boat used for the ship excursion? I've read reviews that the smaller ones are better. Does it start shortly after porting or are there several time slots to choose from? I'm having a really hard time with Celebrity's website when it comes to excursions.

Mickey is a speaker. In Alaska he does a "real Alaska" series about the places you see and visit. History, flora:fauna, hikes, etc.

he is also great with tech and photos and you can submit pics to him - if you do 3, you'll get a cd with all the participants pics at the end of the cruise.

Beyond that, he's an awesome very interesting and approachable human!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Mickey is awesome! We did a 7 week LA around the horn to NYC with him in 2013 and he really added to our trip with lots of information.

How long is his contract for? Is his daughter Kinley sailing with him?

Please tell him a South American cruiser said hello!

Re: Mickey and family. Both wife and daughter with him and he is a great resource of information. From camera setting to shoreside advise that doesn't seem/feel like pushing Celebrity excursions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for the timely blog. We will be sailing back to back September 11th and 18th encorporating both Alaska and the Pacific Coast. How about the entertainment? Please let us know about the shows and the other entertainment in the lounges...

Alan & Mindy

Mickey is a speaker. In Alaska he does a "real Alaska" series about the places you see and visit. History, flora:fauna, hikes, etc.

he is also great with tech and photos and you can submit pics to him - if you do 3, you'll get a cd with all the participants pics at the end of the cruise.

Beyond that, he's an awesome very interesting and approachable human!

thanks for the explanation

We watched movies on rooftop terrace on Monday and Saturday days at sea. But I didn't see the Taste of Film being offered as an event.

We are having our final breakfast. Very sad!

When I get home I will compile pictures and dailies and post a more complete review.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the updates. Love hearing about the infinity.

We were on infinity Nov 2016 for Panama canal cruise & rooftop area was just being created.

We are on Alaska & then B2b for Pacific coastal in sept 2017 on Infinity. She had just had some refurb with Tuscan grille added. We are concierge once again for these cruises and so interested to hear your updates.

Thanks

My MUSTS for that cruise are:

1. MickeyLive

2. Cafe al baccio at 4 pm

3. Silent Disco

4. HeliPad viewing of Hubbard glacier

You already clued me in on what MickeyLive is - but what is Silent Disco? 31 Celebrity cruises and I have never heard of it!

You already clued me in on what MickeyLive is - but what is Silent Disco? 31 Celebrity cruises and I have never heard of it!

From my review of this ship in June:

Silent Disco: this was SO MUCH FUN. it's in the martini bar, the dj sets up and hands around headphones. You can select a channel from 3: Latin dance, 60s-2000s hits, or current music (last 3 years or so). Your headphones glow based on your channel.

Then everybody just danced. Like fools, like no one is watching. I have no idea why this concept works, it sounds horrible. But everyone loved it. I danced with a 10 year old boy. I danced with a 90 year old woman with a cane. I line danced with stockbrokers and with Indian women in saris. It was truly truly awesome.

From my review of this ship in June:

Silent Disco: this was SO MUCH FUN. it's in the martini bar, the dj sets up and hands around headphones. You can select a channel from 3: Latin dance, 60s-2000s hits, or current music (last 3 years or so). Your headphones glow based on your channel.

Then everybody just danced. Like fools, like no one is watching. I have no idea why this concept works, it sounds horrible. But everyone loved it. I danced with a 10 year old boy. I danced with a 90 year old woman with a cane. I line danced with stockbrokers and with Indian women in saris. It was truly truly awesome.

Sounds crazy enough to be fun! Thanks for the info

The silent disco was so fun and funny!

I have pictures that I will add to my more comprehensive review ... which I will post as soon as I get caught up on work missed while away.

I have funny pictures and videos of people dancing, is there a Cruise Critic board policy about posting pictures that include others passengers on the cruise?

Thanks for the review. If you could post the dailies I would really appreciate it. The few I've found so far are too small for me to read.

I have all the dailies from Infinity from July 24-31. I will scan and post as a downloadable PDF file in the next couple of days.

I was on the same cruise. There was only 1 chic night and it was on the 2nd night of the cruise.

Only one chic night on a 7 night cruise? You were there and I wasn't so not suggesting you are wrong, but this is very unusual. To date, my understanding (and experience) is that chic nights replaced the old formal nights which were always twice per 7 night cruise. I wonder if for some reason that particular sailing was different? I would personally still plan for 2 chic nights on a 7 night cruise just in case (for me that 'planning' may just involve wearing the same outfit as the first time:))