Millennium elite cocktail hour

treasurer

• 3 weeks later...
Is this similar to the Diamond Club on Royal, as far as the offering? I am Diamond, almost D+ there and taking my first Celebrity cruise next year, where I'll be Elite.

Very similar to the Diamond Club. Good selection of cocktails, beer and wine as well as soft drinks. Appetizers are also served.

The social hour is held in the Navigation Lounge (Cosmopolitan, Sky, Vista) or whatever a particular ship calls it.

When there are too many Elites on board for that venue, you will get 3 coupons per day for drinks at bars except the Martini Bar.

Very similar to the Diamond Club. Good selection of cocktails, beer and wine as well as soft drinks. Appetizers are also served.

The social hour is held in the Navigation Lounge (Cosmopolitan, Sky, Vista) or whatever a particular ship calls it.

When there are too many Elites on board for that venue, you will get 3 coupons per day for drinks at bars except the Martini Bar.

There will be a letter in your stateroom telling you where the event is.

Thank you both!

Is this similar to the Diamond Club on Royal, as far as the offering? I am Diamond, almost D+ there and taking my first Celebrity cruise next year, where I'll be Elite.

The Elite cocktail hour is from 5-7, as I recall drinks in the Diamond Club were from 5-8.

On Celebrity if they do give out coupons they are paper, not on your Seapass card like Royal. Celebrity appetizers are served by staff. They start out with cold appetizers then change to hot appetizers.

If I remember right you have to call Celebrity and give them your Royal number and get a Celebrity Captains Club number.

Thank you both!

others have mentioned this, but I wanted to make sure you saw the words "IF they give out coupons...". RC always gave us three drinks in addition to the drinks in diamond Lounge. Celebrity does not normally give coupons for three drinks. The exception is on elite-heavy cruises. These cruises are typically trans-atlantics, on which there might be 800 Elites, way too many for the Elite cocktail event.

If I remember right you have to call Celebrity and give them your Royal number and get a Celebrity Captains Club number.

Correct, I went through the process this week. RCCL's FAQ says to call RCCL, but you actually have to call Celebrity. FYI your number takes up to 48 hours to be activated, I couldn't immediately book online because of that and had to book over the phone instead.

-- Kevin

Do the coupons have to be used from 5 to 7 or anytime?

Yes, if you have a drink coupon you can ask for an unopened coke or bottle of water. The other advantage of the drink coupons is that, while they can't be used in the dining room, you can stop at a bar on your way into dinner and get a glass of wine to take with you.