Elite

george35

We are Diamond+ on RCL, I know we will be ELITE on Celebrity. My question is we are going on a 11 nt cruise on the Equinox. What do we get as far as freebies?? Not to be a person who wants things but just want to know what I can expect, I hope you know what I mean.

george35

We are Diamond+ on RCL, I know we will be ELITE on Celebrity. My question is we are going on a 11 nt cruise on the Equinox. What do we get as far as freebies?? Not to be a person who wants things but just want to know what I can expect, I hope you know what I mean.

george35

Go to the Captain's Club on the Celebrity site and you will find the full list of benefits.

Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)

• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package

• 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item

• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***

• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast

• Priority Tender Service in Tender Ports of Call

• Priority wait list in Main Dining Room

• Elegant tea invitation*

• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

• Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014

The biggie for us is the 1 category upgrade

Total detail of all the levels is here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/terms-and-conditions

Edited by wallie5446

Really? I've never used it and a total waste of time in my view. How do you use it?

Phil

We just booked our deck 7 1A on the slant of the hump, and paid the 1B pricing.

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Really? I've never used it and a total waste of time in my view. How do you use it?

Phil

At the time of booking you are entitled to a one class upgrade within the cabin category you have booked ie pay for a cat 3 and get a cat 2 cabin, but there some limitations. Full details on the Celebrity website

george35

I don't think you'll be Elite on Celebrity unless you sign up for it. I don't think it's automatic.

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)

So on night 1 we're forced to forage for our own drinks? How barbaric. :-)

I find that mildly weird. On RCCL they close the D-lounge on embarkation day but they re-open in time for cocktail hour. In the Celebrity case there's no dedicated lounge. I'm guessing it's because they draw a crowd in the Sky Lounge for sailaway and don't want to have to boot people out afterward?

-- Kevin

Edited by kevink

No, that's not the reason because even when the event used to be held in Michael's Club which had no windows or appeal for the sail away crowd, there never was an Elite event on the first night.

And on those cruises where there are so many Elite/Elite+/Zenith members that they give out drink coupons instead of holding the Elite event, there are no coupons for the first night.

Phil

Phil

I did it a couple of times before they opened it up to something other than inside to inside and outside to outside. It really just involved moving up one category within the category. Practically, it was like moving up one deck. Probably saved only a few dollars. As others have said, has to be done at booking, any other upgrade is not this Captains Club upgrader and it is available to all levels of CC. Might be a little better now that you can do it within Concierge and Aqua Class.

I recently went n my first RCCL cruise and was given Diamond status. Believe me, the benefits on RCCL are much better than you will find on X. That Diamond club is a real plus.

Guess it depends on your point of view, we have had many C @ A people come on this board and say Celebrity's perks are better.

I don't think you'll be Elite on Celebrity unless you sign up for it. I don't think it's automatic.

That shouldn't be an issue just ensure your TA tells Celebrity have your RCCL number before you sail and it will happen automatically.

So on night 1 we're forced to forage for our own drinks? How barbaric. :-)

I find that mildly weird. On RCCL they close the D-lounge on embarkation day but they re-open in time for cocktail hour. In the Celebrity case there's no dedicated lounge. I'm guessing it's because they draw a crowd in the Sky Lounge for sailaway and don't want to have to boot people out afterward?

-- Kevin

Its comments like these which lead to this thread on the Australia / NZ Forum being started

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2378502

Edited by Beanb41

That shouldn't be an issue just ensure your TA tells Celebrity have your RCCL number before you sail and it will happen automatically.

Little bit more than that, you have to get a Captains Club # and make sure it's associated to your reservation.

We just booked our deck 7 1A on the slant of the hump, and paid the 1B pricing.

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Yes, I'm aware of the benefit and the t & cs. It's just that whenever I look and because of the strange way the inventory pricing sometimes work the savings are minuscule and sometimes about face. Case in point a 2D was priced higher than the 2C I'm booked in for later this year. A 1B is £10 per person less than a 1A on the same sailing. It's never been very much of a difference in the categories and sometimes works against me. Certainly no big benefit.

Phil

If you are Diamond or D+ on RC - you are Elite on X and vica-versa. Just give X your C+A member # and X will assign a CC#.

If you are Diamond or D+ on RC - you are Elite on X and vica-versa. Just give X your C+A member # and X will assign a CC#.

Joined C&A in 1989, CC in 1994. We reached Elite points first. Next time I logged into C&A it showed our level as Diamond. They have them cross referenced. Cant believe both computer systems actually worked together for a change. :p

One of the differences that I have noticed is that while the Royal diamond breakfast has specialty coffees, the Celebrity elite breakfast also has bloody mary's, mimosas and bellini's.:):D