WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

what about Patti Honacki? she was the CD on our first 2 cruises. Solstice & Silhouette. Is she still with Celebrity?

According to her Linked In page she is now doing a stage show in Chicago

Edited by Beanb41

Sue Denning is best CD I have ever had ; out of more than 100 cruises. Thought she had retired??? Anyone know where she is now? Hopefully on my next cruise!

We're fans of Sue too and very disappointed that it appears neither she, nor my beloved Captain Manetas will be on Eclipse in October; we shall miss them

Would anyone have an idea who m'aitre d is in Blu please? (Eclipse, 3 October)

The restaurant manager I'm looking for would oversee all restaurants on the ship.

Well that would be the Restaurant's Manager ( if there is such a position) or does one refer to the F & B Manager ?

Well that would be the Restaurant's Manager ( if there is such a position) or does one refer to the F & B Manager ?

There is such a position. The Restaurant Manager reports to the F&B Manager and, as mentioned, overseas all the restaurants on the ship including the MDR, Oceanview Cafe, Aqua Spa Cafe, Blu, Luminae, specialty restaurants, etc.

Sorry, really think there is something wrong with my eyesight - I posted this as I hadn't seen in the charts, despite checking - since told it's there already but can't delete on my iPhone - please feel free to delete this and apologies for my error

Hi, apologies if this has already been reported, but the Master on the Eclipse is/will be on 3rd October (I enquired specifically about this sailing)

Captain Michael Sympouras

Edited by The Londoners

Got the updated list as we were getting off on AUgust 7. Had a great trip to BDA. Trip report to follow.

Master: Alex Papadopoulos

CHENG: Nikolaos Kokkalis

Staff Capt: Theodoros Agkas

GRM: Alana Abrahams

HD: Mark McSorley

CD: Chris Sweets (New to X; Bio below)

F&B: Cemal Ozcelik

Ex Chef: Abdul Nassar

New -X- Cruise Director

Chris Sweets. Born in Wolverton, England, Chris began his entertainment career at the age of 14 in various professional stage productions. After studying Music Production and Sound Engineering he became the resident Disc Jockey at one of the biggest clubs in Manchester. After 6 years at sea, he becomes CD on Summit. During vacations, he resides in North Wales.

Got the updated list as we were getting off on AUgust 7. Had a great trip to BDA. Trip report to follow.

New -X- Cruise Director

Chris Sweets. Born in Wolverton, England, Chris began his entertainment career at the age of 14 in various professional stage productions. After studying Music Production and Sound Engineering he became the resident Disc Jockey at one of the biggest clubs in Manchester. After 6 years at sea, he becomes CD on Summit. During vacations, he resides in North Wales.

Thank you so much. We are boarding Summit in 27 days. Glad you had a great trip.

Arno, thanks for keeping this up. Is there no more Staff Captain? Maybe I missed it.

There is still a Staff Captain but their names have not been included in the chart for a long time. Now that Officers (Captain's) tables are getting rare, contacts with the Engineer and the Staff Captain and even the Master himself will become another lost tradition. The invites to the specialty restaurant do not include as many people as before.

With fewer connections, information is more difficult to get. :(

BSinPNS: Thanks for the update and info on the new Cruise Director.

I posted this on social media today & captain Kate "liked" it so I will take that as a positive sign she will be aboard that cruise:D

Just 40 days till we board the Celebrity Summit, under the able command of Master Mariner, Captain Kate McCue!, for our 14 day suite -class cruise to New England & Canada... Photo%20Aug%2007%2C%2012%2029%2028%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Hope this is true. A CD on Celebrity told me she had been ushered out; wanted younger CD's.

While I cannot speak for Celebrity wanting younger CD's.... Sue has absolutely not been (using your terms) "ushered out". Sue is currently CD onboard Reflection.

Hope this helps !

I think it is a shame that folks on here speaking "anonymously" can be pretty rude.

I was talking to a CD on one of our last cruises. He said he used to read Cruise Critic. But, he said he quit when he read some of the things that was said about him. He said he did not mind criticism, but some folks were just too rude, and it had hurt his feelings when they said things that were untrue.

Maybe we should watch what we say. You never know who is reading it, and you can never "unsay" something. Just my 2 cents.

Hi Texed,

Thank you for posting your excellent points. FWIW, I spent nearly an hour today, going over the last few pages of this thread, and removing mean-spirited and off-topic posts. That's another hour of my life, that I won't get back LOL.

While I feel this thread offers tremendous value to our community, it's generally the same few members, who post on an anonymous screen name, with very rude comments. Frankly, I think that's extremely unfair to anyone mentioned by name, and I'm not about to tolerate it. I wonder how the instigators would like it, if someone did that to them, on Social Media ? I'm sure they wouldn't like it one bit.

Seriously... Is it that tough to be kind to others - especially the wonderful Celebrity Officers & Crew, who spend months at a time away from their loved ones - with a passion for providing their guests a wonderful cruise experience. I sincerely hope you will follow my lead, and appreciate everything they do for us.

At any rate, when noticing any off-topic or rude comments.... the best course of action, is to use the Alert Triangle report.gif. This will send an immediate alert to Host Walt & Myself to review the reported post(s), and take appropriate action.

Let's kindly return to discussion of Who's Onboard. Special thanks to Arno for his outstanding efforts, and thanks to our community members for your support and understanding.

Edited by Host Andy

While I cannot speak for Celebrity wanting younger CD's.... Sue has absolutely not been (using your terms) "ushered out". Sue is currently CD onboard Reflection.

Hope this helps !

Thanks for checking this out Andy!

(And for everything else you do - sorry about that hour!)

I hope she'll be back on her regular sailings of the Eclipse after her Christmas break.

We're on in Feb. for a B2B and really missed her and her endless energy last year!