Reflection AFT Cabin... First time w/ Celebrity.

kjmvacation

Looking at booking our first Celebrity cruise- ready to book Concierge AFT Balcony, but wondering if all C1 Balcony's are the same size? Any recommendations? Reviewed the spreadsheet, but didn't see a lot of information for C1 Aft specific cabins. Anyone have any experience to share?

Looking at booking our first Celebrity cruise- ready to book Concierge AFT Balcony, but wondering if all C1 Balcony's are the same size? Any recommendations? Reviewed the spreadsheet, but didn't see a lot of information for C1 Aft specific cabins. Anyone have any experience to share?

IMO, any aft cabin is a great choice.

If you like long walks, the sun, soot and no privacy, aft cabins are a great choice.

You get a great view of the wake but in most ports that Reflection visits in the Caribbean, your cabin will be flooded with sunlight.

We like mid ship locations with a larger balcony the best.

If you like long walks, the sun, soot and no privacy, aft cabins are a great choice.

You get a great view of the wake but in most ports that Reflection visits in the Caribbean, your cabin will be flooded with sunlight.

We always try for aft cabins and since we book early, we usually get one. NEVER had a problem with soot no matter what deck our aft cabin was on. It can be a long walk, but the privacy is wonderful and after all the food we need the exercise. We've seldom minded the sun. A port or starboard cabin can get LOTS of morning or afternoon sun too. To each their own. The less people who like the aft leaves us with more aft choices and vice versa.

• Like 1

We LOVE long walks, we go to the Caribbean FOR the sun, and know the risks of soot- never been a problem... I'm not worried about privacy. What I was looking for was advice on if people had recommendations on WHICH AFT CABIN to choose on reflection- not looking for whining about AFT cabins.

Seriously? Thanks "Arno." :rolleyes:

We always try for aft cabins and since we book early, we usually get one. NEVER had a problem with soot no matter what deck our aft cabin was on. It can be a long walk, but the privacy is wonderful and after all the food we need the exercise. We've seldom minded the sun. A port or starboard cabin can get LOTS of morning or afternoon sun too. To each their own. The less people who like the aft leaves us with more aft choices and vice versa.

Thanks Davis- not sure how Arno. was trying to help... Bahahaha! :D

Maybe he was just having a bad day- or needs a little sunshine and a nice long walk?

Hi.

There are two larger cabins on the aft of the Reflection. One is 9384. We have stayed in this cabin in a concierge C1. We have booked this cabin again for a forthcoming cruise.

Yes, it is sunny, fantastic view and some privacy issues if you stand/sit near the rail. A little bit of soot here and there, but this is cleaned off for you, or quick to wipe yourselves.

All Solstice class ships have, I believe, two larger cabins in aft cabins. However, not all of the cabins are numbered the same on each ship.

Enjoy!

Karen:

Hi.

There are two larger cabins on the aft of the Reflection. One is 9384. We have stayed in this cabin in a concierge C1. We have booked this cabin again for a forthcoming cruise.

Yes, it is sunny, fantastic view and some privacy issues if you stand/sit near the rail. A little bit of soot here and there, but this is cleaned off for you, or quick to wipe yourselves.

All Solstice class ships have, I believe, two larger cabins in aft cabins. However, not all of the cabins are numbered the same on each ship.

Enjoy!

Karen:

Thanks so much Karen... this is great. Anyone know what the other one is?

Hi.

Enjoy!

Karen:

Thanks again Karen... I'm just about to book the room you mentioned here in your post, but wanted to confirm- is there space for two loungers on the aft balcony? Do you- or anyone- know if the balconies at the aft in C1 are actually larger than the regular balconies?

You can see all the corresponding numbers for the larger balconies on this photo i.e. 4th cabin in from right (courtesy of bbeltmom).

Celebrity-Reflection-AftNum_zpseyg8aowt.png

WOW!!! Thanks so much for this info and picture! This is perfect Villauk! This is better info than I could get from any cruise consultant, even anyone on the phones at Celebrity! Thanks again- so helpful.

-KJM

Thanks again Karen... I'm just about to book the room you mentioned here in your post, but wanted to confirm- is there space for two loungers on the aft balcony? Do you- or anyone- know if the balconies at the aft in C1 are actually larger than the regular balconies?

Hi. I suppose technically there is room for two loungers on 9384, although a bit of a squeeze with the table. I don't know where you would get the loungers from however! The chairs are reclining with footstools. I seem to remember on one occasion, we were able to totally recline the chair and use with the stool similar to a lounger. I am not sure this was on the Reflection however. Certainly the balcony 9384 is larger in width than some of the regular balconies. I you look at the pic posted by villauk, you can see 9382 has a smaller balcony than the regular size. Having stayed in a 'regular' sized balcony, we find these plenty big enough. The cabin inside is a standard size.

How exciting for you! We are back on the Reflection in a few weeks and cannot wait.

Amazing how different she is from Solstice. We are in 9307 but here is Solstice config.: On Solstice the adjoining cabin is 9382 Just numbered completely different. Same 10 cabins across on both.

6sc1tl.png

Edited by BecciBoo

Becci,

If you look by the flag, she is a different shape to Solstice. You'll also notice that the window washing equipment is on a different deck, 11 as opposed to 10 on Solstice ;).

Edited by villauk

We were recently in 9376 (Not a CC cabin). Had no problems with soot, and the room was definitely cool enough even with direct sun. No worries there. The ample sun was nice because we didn't have to go up on deck and battle for the sun with everyone else! Also the view at night is especially great aft, so many stars you would never normally see! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums