How many cruises have you done with Celebrity?

B1G

How many cruises have you done with Celebrity?  

515 members have voted

1. 1. How many cruises have you done with Celebrity?

Mr. Orator,

Would that sailing happen to be December 17, 2000? :)

Just checked my sailing history and it was December 31, 2000. Only New Years, not Christmas. The ship was shinny and new and I met some staff, such as Juan Barbano who are still with Celebrity. We cruised the next year and then waited until 2004 for our next Celebrity cruise.

12 completed with #13 in December & #14 in March 2017.

First Was on the Century in 1997, have also sailed on the Galaxy (my favorite ship), probably like the Reflection or Silhouette the most out of the "S" Class.

Our first Celebrity cruise was on Mercury to Australia/NZ for our 40th anniversary in 2008. Now we are coming up to our 23rd X cruise next month. We are running out of interesting itineraries so are looking at Princess and HAL for some variety. We have enjoyed cruises with them in the past. Celebrity remains our favourite line but we cruise to see the world, not to return to the same ports. We would like to find somewhere new and exciting for our 50th. A river cruise may be the answer.

Sheila

Mercury was my first cruise ship too. Not sure if you've considered Azamara, but for itineraries away from the larger ships with overnight stops and closer into port they are great. I've fallen for the onboard service big time after quite a few cruises on Celebrity. And the loyalty programs are reciprocal and accumulative too.

Phil

My first cruise ever was in 1991

My father in-law paid for everything

I didn't want to go (I own a nice sailboat and thought (correctly) that my yacht club buds would tease the heck out me)

I went

The almost new Carnival Holiday

That "free" vacation got me hooked and has likely cost me over 1/4 million since! :p

493x187holiday.gif

Edited by A Sixth?

Sorry, just saw this one. There just seems to be so much negativity and people talking about this going downhill or that not being what it was.

But it's ok... I'll take myself off the boards if I have to, and know that I'll be out of the nasty NYC February for a week on a beautiful ship doing one of my favorite things to do - cruise! :)

I've seen those types of posts since I started sailing with Celebrity 7 years ago. There are always some that pine for the "good ol days". You find those on almost every board here. I have enough current experience with Celebrity to know whether to take them with a grain of salt or lend credence to them.

For the most part Celebrity is still a good product, it's just there's some changes that some people aren't happy with. Some changes can be positive.

I've enjoyed every Celebrity cruise I've been on.

Mercury was my first cruise ship too. Not sure if you've considered Azamara, but for itineraries away from the larger ships with overnight stops and closer into port they are great. I've fallen for the onboard service big time after quite a few cruises on Celebrity. And the loyalty programs are reciprocal and accumulative too.

Phil

Mercury wasn't our first but still is our favorite, even over the "M" and "S" class ships. Sure hated to see it go.

My first cruise ever was in 1991

My father in-law paid for everything

I didn't want to go (I own a nice sailboat and thought (correctly) that my yacht club buds would tease the heck out me)

I went

The almost new Carnival Holiday

That "free" vacation got me hooked and has likely cost me over 1/4 million since! :p

493x187holiday.gif

Recently found the ticket from my first cruise. December 16, 1976 aboard Sitmar "Fairwind". We had a partially obstructed Oceanview Cabin, very, very few if any balconies. Cost, including flights from Williamsport, PA to FLL was $3638.85 for DW and me. No perks of any type and gratuities were extra. TA did send us a bottle of wine and we were surprised to get it. Unfortunately no Cruise Critic to help these Newbies get a better deal.

2 weeks from today I will be on X for the 25th time. 244 days total. 50 cruises including other lines 419 days total. My cruise in August with X will be my last for a while. Loving Oceania`s 2 larger ships. Sorry to say X is not what it once was for me. Suites are now the price of the luxury lines. Have enjoyed the hard working crew on all my X cruises. Until we meet again

The past several years we've spent between sixty and just under ninety days each year on a Celebrity ship. So we've done more than twenty-one cruises.

But I have a quick questions for either Orator or Arno. if they check this thread again. Assuming that we don't have to cancel any upcoming cruises we expect to hit the Zenith level in 2017, and I have been curious as to many other folks have also reached it. I've heard quite a range in answers.

The past several years we've spent between sixty and just under ninety days each year on a Celebrity ship. So we've done more than twenty-one cruises.

But I have a quick questions for either Orator or Arno. if they check this thread again. Assuming that we don't have to cancel any upcoming cruises we expect to hit the Zenith level in 2017, and I have been curious as to many other folks have also reached it. I've heard quite a range in answers.

Celebrity won't release any information on number of Zeniths. I would guess between 100 and 120. Let us know when you are Zenith so you can be added to Arno's zenith FB page. The number of people achieving Zenith appears to be slowing down, although we seem to be adding a few every month. This topic should be a separate thread. Looking forward to welcoming you to the group.

Six cruises on Celebrity. Really miss it. I stopped taking any trips six years ago because of the progression of my mother's dementia. She passed last year and my father is in his 90s and beginning the same path. No idea what the future holds. Maybe more cruises, maybe not.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss

We are booked for our first X cruise in May 2017. Previous expérience, 2 cruises on Holland and 2 on RCL. This said, I would have a comment and a question for experienced X cruisers. Comment: Thank you very much for the generous support in sharing your experiences and knowledge on cruise ships and cruise ports. It's really appreciated!!! Question: On our first cruise, we shared a dining table with 8 other passengers, and although we were finding everything to be amazing, a more experienced couple, kept comparing with previous experiences and downgrading their enjoyment. On these boards, I seem to also hear occasionnally similar feedback from some experienced cruisers. I know that repeat customers get more perks, but how do you keep the cruise enjoyment and amazement fire high after so many cruises without falling in the negative comparing trap? What is your secret?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Three cruises we have done so far with Celebrity.

Overall we really could enjoy all those cruises, and the Millennium-Class ships are really appealing to me, in terms of hardware and design. :)

To be honest, I don't know when we sail Celebrity next - comparing to our 2016's NCL cruise on Jade, the differences were extremely tiny.

Celebrity seems to raise costs by reducing services more and more:

-no sushi in OV anymore (upon extra cost at Sushi on Five)

-main dining menus good, but not more special than those on NCL

-no brunch anymore

-really expensice extra restaurants and drinks, no nuts at the bars

-a few other things...

Sorry, but those are the reasons why we keep changing our prefernences and keep on trying different lines, to find the best deal and overall package for us... :)