Turkey

20pluscruises

And yet Celebrity ChoiceAir is still issuing air tickets with stopover in Istanbul. Really?

Choice Air doesn't control the routes or where stops occur any more than Expedia, Travelocity or other booking service does.

I believe Celebrity, Princess, Holland and Cunard have all cancelled Turkey ports for the next two months.

Not so, we're still going to Kusadisi and Bodrum on Reflection in 3 weeks time. Or at least we were until tonight. Worrying times, thoughts are with the Turkish people for a bloodless coup and a hope that they get what they want from this.

Not so, we're still going to Kusadisi and Bodrum on Reflection in 3 weeks time. Or at least we were until tonight. Worrying times, thoughts are with the Turkish people for a bloodless coup and a hope that they get what they want from this.

I'm on the same cruise. While much can happen in three weeks, Celebrity will need to make a decision soon. Should be interesting to see if they switch ports. I wonder if they will change in some additional Italian ports.

Celebrity Equinox is due to dock there tomorrow at the end of a cruise. Wonder if they still will? Cause a lot of travel problems if they don't.

No they aren't. This was changed to Athens a little over two weeks ago.

Celebrity Equinox is due to dock there tomorrow at the end of a cruise. Wonder if they still will? Cause a lot of travel problems if they don't.

Or, has she already been diverted due to recent problems?

Just heard that both bridges are blocked by military. Airport(s) closed. I thought I heard them say Twitter and similar things blocked. And this comes on the heels of the tragedy in Nice... Trying times.

watching it live on tv just now. president at a secure location and trying to plead to the public to get out on the streets but the latest is that the country is being run by a "peace council" which basically is the military. flights are being diverted.

watching it live on tv just now. president at a secure location and trying to plead to the public to get out on the streets but the latest is that the country is being run by a "peace council" which basically is the military. flights are being diverted.

the secure location Erdogan is on his Iphone from is a hotel room.

Was on a Connie TA that was supposed to leave from Civi. Ship could not enter the port so docking was shifted to Naples. Celebrity provided buses to take passengers from the ship to FCO and from FCO to ship. Nicely done. I'm sure they have a Plan B and a Plan C and the passengers will get to where they need to. They might be late, tired and frustrated, but it will work out for them.

Was on a Connie TA that was supposed to leave from Civi. Ship could not enter the port so docking was shifted to Naples. Celebrity provided buses to take passengers from the ship to FCO and from FCO to ship. Nicely done. I'm sure they have a Plan B and a Plan C and the passengers will get to where they need to. They might be late, tired and frustrated, but it will work out for them.

Lots of false information on this thread. Equinox turn around port was changed to Athens quite a while ago.

I saw an alert from the US government on Twitter, telling all US citizens in Turkey to shelter in place until further notice. This will likely put an end to any discussion about ships calling in Turkey.