Drinks package

sinysusie

We are on Reflection next Friday and have classic drinks package.

It it worth upgrade to premium as I have been told cocktails are $8.25 and package only goes up to $8..also does it cover many of the beers please ?

Thanks in advance for your tips !

I would not recommend upgrading until you are on the ship and have a chance to see if what you prefer to drink is covered by the Classic package. I'm not a beer drinker so can't tell you what beers are included. Some brands of liquor that are covered include Stoli & Absolute vodka, Cuervo Gold & Jose Cuervo Blanco tequila, Beefeater & Tanguary gin.

You can get most cocktails made with the liquor on the Classic package. The wine selection is limited and the large Martini's from the Martini Bar aren't included in the Classic.

If after a day or so you find the Classic package isn't for you you can upgrade at that time.

It it worth upgrade to premium as I have been told cocktails are $8.25 and package only goes up to $8..also does it cover many of the beers please ?

depends what kind of beer you want. I drink Miller Lite and hubby has an occasional Heinekin and normal beers are included. hubby also drinks Jack and 7 and that is included.

Unless you like high end craft beer or really high end wine,t he classic package works.

I would suggest you get on the ship and see what you can get. If you cannot get what you want, then upgrade. You do not have to do it before you board.

We have found the Classic works fine for us - we get water/soda/drinks etc and we are happy.

We have upgraded on our last 3 cruises, and it was darn well worth it!

The beer selection on the classic is the standard Bud, Coors, and Miller, YUK!:eek:

Very limited wine by the glass selection, the Cab my wife drank last Nov was $13.50 per. On the Premium it cost us .59 cent's!

I agree just wait till you are on the ship to see if the classic pkg meets your expectations.. If you are the type of people that enjoy cocktails with Crown, Seagrams, Absolute, Stolis etc then the classic should be fine. If you like Martinis and higher end cocktails then upgrade but wait till you get on ship because you can use OBC for the upgrade.

On last cruise I had classic and my wife had premium. Bartenders were awesome and would make you pretty much anything you wanted.

Make friends with the bartenders and tip. They work super hard.

Check out the martini bar and watch the flair bartenders make 5 martinis at a time. Simply amazing.

Not sure on smoothies.

Enjoy your cruise!

Does anyone know the current thinking on the Martini Flight - if you have the premium package do they charge and if so is it just the difference or the full amount?

Not sure about martini flight but had friends that got the 25th anniversary martini. They charged the difference which was like $1.50 or $2.

If we have the classic package we upgrade as soon as we get onboard. Well worth it.

Edited by ozark74

We used premium last year and upgraded from classic for our next cruise. If you like wine and more interesting beers plus premium spirits and premium waters I would say yes. If not fussy on beers, wines and cocktails stick to classic.

I know you cannot get any martini's at martini bar, but can you get one at other bars? My wife likes a chocolate martini

Yes you can get Martinis at other bars that are included in the classic package but I'm not sure if they make chocolate martini's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of your replies. The one thing I'm not sure about and I guess I'll find out in a weeks time if if the Martini Flight is included or if you can pay the difference - apologies if I don't have the terminology correct but what I mean by the martini flight is where you have 8 different smaller versions of some different martinis served at your seat in the martini bar, which acts as a taster

This one cost us $4.00 last yr.

The Martini Flight is not included and if you order it even with the premium package you have to pay full price.

Gergles, it does not seem that you were as fortunate as wallie5446. Were you perhaps with a group that was not on the package?

I would not be surprised if the policy has not been the same since the beginning or across the fleet.

I would suggest asking before you order it if you are in the premium package.

Classic Package includes all the basic cocktails - when they raise the price from 8.00 to 8.25, they also raise the package limit price accordingly.

We usually just stick with the classic as it is fine, but the last cruise I upgraded to the premium and couldn't be happier. With the premium you can experience as many full size martinis as you want so never mind trying to get the flight. I liked having the option to try the higher end vodkas. My suggestion, as others, would be try out the classic and then upgrade for one or both of you the second or third day, if needed. You can't make a bad decision.

we had no problems with the classic package last year.

Ordering cocktails was fine. We would just say ' we're on the classic drinks package can we have a.....' and then name the cocktail we wanted ( pina collada, mohito, daqari what ever) and the bar staff would make it within the price limit.

After reading all the stuff on here to upgrade/ don't upgrade. Price limits and the fact most bars don't have a price list we were realy stressed out as soon as we got on the boat. Then we found out it was all so easy!

I'm so glad we didn't upgrade, we saved ourselves a fortune.

Thanks so much everyone for all your comments...was thinking about an upgrade which I did on Reflection couple yrs ago, but I think I'll stick with Classic this time around. Don't mind going to the other bars up or down a deck or 2 to get my martinis. Then come back and sit at Martini Bar to consume and enjoy;)

But about wine. Anybody know the brands of Pinot Gris, Chard. and Cab and Merlot offered on Classic? I have a bud who needs La Crema Chard. and I prefer Coppola and Chateau St. Michele for my Pinot and Merlot. Are they on Classic?

Yes with the classic it's not like they are feeding you low end booze. ABsolute,Crown and Canadiens liquor at least for me is fine. Of course I like higher end stuff too. Classic is a prefect package for me. PRemium is perfect for my wife so it works great for us.

Are you sure that Crown and Canadiens are included in the Classic as the Celebrity on line list does not mention Crown

Especially when it comes to wines, what's choices vary based on the itinerary. Different vintages are available in different parts of the world. Having said that, on our Adriatic cruise in May, there were at least three whites and three reds available every night in Blu.

There is a shiraz that DH likes and he can only find on Celebrity ships. He asked for it the first night and the sommelier did not have it but said he hoped to be getting some later. Sure enough, a few nights later, it was available for the rest of the cruise.