Sushi on 5

I&J Cruisers

The Reflection was the "test" ship for Sushi on Five and these are the dates that each ship are planning on or already did the changeover.

(Copied and pasted from a post by Celebrity Cruise)

Implementation will roll out across the fleet as follows (dates are subject to change):

Millennium 5/12/16; Silhouette 6/7/16; Solstice 7/1/16; Infinity 7/24/16; Equinox 8/6/16; Constellation 8/28/16; Eclipse 9/17/16; Summit 10/16/16.

I'm really curious how the introduction of Sushi on 5 will affect the menu offerings in Silk Harvest on the Solstice and Equinox, as they offer quite a few crossover types of food items. I think 2 Asian themed restaurants may be a bit much and hurt both venues from being money makers on these ships.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

I see no date for Equinox. Are they not going to make the change on Equinox. We were on Reflection after the change. They no longer have sushi I on the buffet. However the menu in such I on 5 bears no resemblance to the buffet offerings. It includes foods other than sushi and is very creative and delicious. We had lunch there 3 or 4 times and enjoyed it very much. In our opinion this is a huge improvement.

That was Sushi in the buffet? I thought it was a cruel joke!

It was technically sushi, but of a very pedestrian variety ...... :D

I'm still interested to see how the addition of sushi on 5 affects Silk Harvest on the Solstice and Equinox - will they change the menu, replace it with a different restaurant concept ......... I think the two concepts overlap a bit much for most cruisers.

Also of note was that the sushi at Silk Harvest had traditionally been part of the cover charge, whereas Sushi on 5 is all a'la carte ......

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Has the bistro on five been converted to sushi on 5 yet. If not does anyone know when that is scheduled to happen.

Due to the overwhelming success of the Sushi on Five pop-up restaurant on Celebrity Reflection, the decision has been made to make that restaurant permanent, and to roll out Sushi on Five in place of Bistro on Five on the remainder of our fleet.

Traditional Japanese sushi and modern take on Japanese dishes. Authentic Japanese cuisine with menu crafted by Yoshikazu "Yoshi" Okada. Variety of premium, super-premium sakes imported from Japan. Also, artisanal Japanese beers and innovative, crafted cocktails exclusive to Sushi on Five.

Roll-out Schedule (dates are subject to change)

• Millennium- 5/12/16
  • Silhouette- 6/7/16
  • Solstice- 7/1/16
  • Infinity- 7/24/16
  • Equinox- 8/6/16
  • Constellation- 8/28/16
  • Eclipse- 9/17/16
  • Summit- 10/16/16

I'm not sure how well Sushi will go down on the Eclipse sailings out of Southampton as many passengers are British. Personally, I hate it and it's not really that popular in the UK.

I think it is quite popular in the UK these days, maybe not with the older generation but you just have to look at the success of places like YoSushi. However saying that I did read earlier today that when it was cruising out of Southampton, on three nights they did pop up Indian instead, as that obviously appealed more to the British crowd on the ship.

Now that would appeal more to me too rather than Sushi which I don't actually mind.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Due to the overwhelming success of the Sushi on Five pop-up restaurant on Celebrity Reflection, the decision has been made to make that restaurant permanent, and to roll out Sushi on Five in place of Bistro on Five on the remainder of our fleet.

Traditional Japanese sushi and modern take on Japanese dishes. Authentic Japanese cuisine with menu crafted by Yoshikazu "Yoshi" Okada. Variety of premium, super-premium sakes imported from Japan. Also, artisanal Japanese beers and innovative, crafted cocktails exclusive to Sushi on Five.

Roll-out Schedule (dates are subject to change)

• Millennium- 5/12/16
  • Silhouette- 6/7/16
  • Solstice- 7/1/16
  • Infinity- 7/24/16
  • Equinox- 8/6/16
  • Constellation- 8/28/16
  • Eclipse- 9/17/16
  • Summit- 10/16/16

BOO!....won't be able to enjoy B on 5 anymore for brunch or lunch..,,.dh allergic to fish & I have no need for hi cost sushi on a cruise ship....also worried we'll lose Silk Harvest.

Way too much fish on board...lost the Porch now B on 5..gastropub also has fairly unappealing food other than the burger!

Edited by hcat

I believe I read that they've added more pizza and pasta selections during the hours sushi used to be served.

All that beautiful sushi replaced by more low cost pasta and sauce yummy.

Good job X didn't you read my post cruise survey?

I love the OV sushi.

DSC02402.jpg

I love the OV sushi.

They probably figured that you love it so much you would be willing to pay for it!

I love the OV sushi.

DSC02402.jpg

It was one of the few things I looked forward to in the buffet on Eclipse last December.

I enjoy sushi, but never thought the Oceanview sushi was good. I was afraid sushi on 5 would be the same. We were on Silhouette for the July 13 cruise and had dinner at Sushi on 5 three times. I think because of the newness of the restaurant they were offering a 30% discount. Each night we would try a couple of appetizers and a couple of rolls. The rolls were huge. The food was absolutely delicious. It was 10 times better then the sushi that was in Oceanview. Each of the three nights our bill was under $30. It was totally worth it. I know there are people that don't like sushi, but they are never going to please everybody. For those of you that do like sushi, I think you will enjoy it.

I enjoy sushi, but never thought the Oceanview sushi was good. I was afraid sushi on 5 would be the same. We were on Silhouette for the July 13 cruise and had dinner at Sushi on 5 three times. I think because of the newness of the restaurant they were offering a 30% discount. Each night we would try a couple of appetizers and a couple of rolls. The rolls were huge. The food was absolutely delicious. It was 10 times better then the sushi that was in Oceanview. Each of the three nights our bill was under $30. It was totally worth it. I know there are people that don't like sushi, but they are never going to please everybody. For those of you that do like sushi, I think you will enjoy it.

If the buffet sushi is a completely different product, seems weird they'd remove it.

Edited by AdoraBelle