On Infinity now through Jul 31.

hnet999

Sitting on the Rooftop Terrence on an amazingly beautiful and sunny day. Very surprised at the weather we have had last night leaving Vancouver and today's day at sea on our way to Icy Straight Point. I thought I'd start a thread with limited text and loads of pix. Including scenery, menus, and food pictures. (Please pardon any poor grammar, typos or omissions. My focus will be on getting quick info out there and not spending the cruise editing ... thx).

FYI we are couple in the 45-50ish range. First time on Celebrity after decades on RCCL.

VANCOUVER. Quick comments about our two days in Vancouver. Great town, nice people. But if you are going to be there this week you HAVE to go see the Honda Celebration of Light fireworks. (Google it).

My advice if you go, don't buy seats - you'll be able to walk down in front of the bleacher area just before fireworks start and find a place. Only lasts about 25 minutes but it's amazing.

CHECK IN/CUSTOMS: got to Canada Place around 11:15 and was on boat within 45 minutes at the most. We Fortunately got a great deal on a suite so our line was a little shorter but other lines were very long. There was only one other boat in port so that helped I'm sure.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF INFINITY: Was looking for less of a party ship and this fits the bill. First lunch at Luminae was terrific.

A couple of pix to get things started. Much more to come.

Sunset after leaving Vancouver:

44194abea327a236c62ef7872af35108.jpg

Rooftop terrace at 1pm on first day at Sea:

e64127e90551f4082e3de68c08d4c2f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by hnet999

Arno. I will be posting all daily bulletins. They will include musicians.

And yes Erick is Michaels Concierge on this cruise.

Forums

4 minute turn around time for the response... 2 thumbs up.

Lol. I am sitting on the rooftop terrace reading on my iPad on the most perfect day imaginable. Have the cruisecritic app so I got an instant alert.

I honestly could not have asked for better weather for our first day.

To the question 'what is a MUST on Infinity'? I am sure that comes down to individual preference. I will do my best to give thought and pix along the way and you can decide what might work for you.

As you can see I will update this thread in short doses from my phone. I want to be able to update without having to go back to my laptop and remember details for a long post.

Food Summary thus far.

Sunday. Lunch and Dinner in Luminae. I already posted lunch pix. Here is dinner.

2de2c5a5456d57a7c1cb31d2b100d03b.jpg

9eb0fdb5d89bcc5c7200a8f448b1c177.jpg

ae6329698c2d88ea641366ffcd07f2bb.jpg

Monday. Breakfast and lunch Luminae and dinner at Tuscan Grille. Not sure how it happened as we are nothing special, but we were invited to have dinner with the Captain.

adfec53cef90e22c40e8040bacfaaada.jpg

5b4e7a6e4640c7e631129187b942faf5.jpg