For all you food/cocktail lovers out there....help out a CC friend

2calgarycruisers

I'm new to Celebrity but when cruising RCL I made sure I found out what was not to be missed out on in terms of food and drinks. Please share the one (or more) food item/drink that you dream about when you go home. Thanks and I'll share the results of my exhaustive investigations into the gastronomic and mixology scene on the Silhouette!

At the top of the Celebrity page there is a link to all postings to the forum with Silhouette in the title...

You will find a wealth of info that you seek posted there....

bon voyage!

Try a 25 year martini at the Martini Bar pre-dinner and a Decadence martini after dinner instead of dessert. I also recommend burgers at the Mast Grill and 4 or 5 versions of Eggs Benedict prepared fresh for you at the buffet for breakfast. Enjoy :)

At the top of the Celebrity page there is a link to all postings to the forum with Silhouette in the title...

You will find a wealth of info that you seek posted there....

bon voyage!

Thanks for the info - I am a HUGE planner and enjoy planning just as much as the vacation I think! I just thought it would be helpful, and fun, to have a good amount of info like this in one thread.

I agree, but must add Caesar salad with or without anchovies in MDR. For desert, flan, and the ice creams in MDR. They have new ones each night.

you can actually order without anchovies? is it that fishy with? Are you all old enough to remember when almost all "loaded" pizzas came with anchovies and it was gross (to me anyway) - now I love the richness as long as it's not too much.

Can you get the ice-cream in a cone to go?

Martini Bar!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

okay... so you bring up a quandary for me - currently we have the classic drink package so from what I understand no Martini Bar unless OOP (not happening) so challenged as to upgrade to premium.

If we were doing a caribbean cruise it would be a no brainer but with this being a port intensive, non lounging around much type cruise is it worth it to upgrade, and yes we enjoy our alcoholic drinks and nice wine.

That being said - if we do upgrade - what martini's should we try?

Try a 25 year martini at the Martini Bar pre-dinner and a Decadence martini after dinner instead of dessert. I also recommend burgers at the Mast Grill and 4 or 5 versions of Eggs Benedict prepared fresh for you at the buffet for breakfast. Enjoy :)

I'm in for martini's - are they included on any beverage package? Also, super excited about bennies as I hate the steam tray ones - what kinds are on offer? and, what is your fave?

Escargot is on the every day menu in the MDR. If you are in a suite you can also order it in Luminae, and might be able to get it in Blu if sailing Aqua Class.

What ever pastry looks good, cookies too and I remember a peanut butter cup cake that was especially good.

You can get ice cream at the buffet in a cone but probably just a dish in the MDR.

Speaking of cheese, Murano's has an excellent manchergo on their cheese cart.

I could go on but then I'd have to go shopping. :D

French cheese from Ocean Liners/Murano, et al, yummm.....

so I'm thinking you are referring to the cheese after the entre? I love love good cheese and to me if it is fantastic it is almost worth the cost of a specialty restaurant - I'm assuming choices must rotate but any idea on what to expect?

White chocolate macadamia cookies from Cafe Al Baccio...with a Jasmine Green tea absolutely heavenly!! My sugar fix for the day :D

those are my favourite kind of cookies but trying to keep $$'s onboard spent on food down to a minimum - guessing there is nothing to compare?

MDR Escargot, beef carpaccio and creme brulee. Cold soups if not in the MDR check at lunch in the Oceanview Cafe I think they are near the sandwiches on the S class ships. Also check out The Porch on Reflections and Silhouette. There is a up charge for eating at The Porch, but the shrimp and mussels are great. Remember you can order one at a time or more. I had 2 shrimp cocktails and 2 orders of mussels, plus soup.

Shrimp.jpg.922a1c2fc9d90e2c058dc05eb611b56b.jpg

so I'm thinking you are referring to the cheese after the entre? I love love good cheese and to me if it is fantastic it is almost worth the cost of a specialty restaurant - I'm assuming choices must rotate but any idea on what to expect?

Yes, they have a cheese cart they bring out after dinner. OMG, if you love cheese get as much as you can. You can smell the cheese before you see it. I write down the names every time and then promptly lose the slip of paper. It's all really good unpasteurized French stuff running off the plate. Amazing....

My not so secret secret is don't go near the buffet for breakfast or lunch, instead always eat in the MDR, no crowds, much better food and you can sit down, relax and order off a menu, and have someone bring you your food vice wandering around in the buffet herd.....though lunch is only served in the MDR on sea days..

My personal favs are Ravioli ai Funghi Selvatici in the Tuscan Grill,Spaghetti alla Bolognese at Tuscan Grill, filet mignon in Tuscan Grill, chocolate chip cookie in Lawn Club Grill (amazing dessert, not really a cookie), flatbread pizza at the Lawn Club Grill, Murano Lobster at Murano, Porcini & Morel Risotto at Murano. Specialty coffees (try the affogato), iced teas(try it at least once, very nice presentation), and pastries at Cafe el Baccio. Don't bother with Qsine (the food is very bland- I know lots of people will disagree with this but it is my opinion) Martini's at the Martini bar. I loved the molecular bar but sadly the are no more. I am excited to try the new world class bar in its place. The premium drink package is worth the added cost, also check out the dining packages.