• Suite
    • Balcony
    • Outside
    • Inside
    • Suite guarantee
    • Balcony guarantee
    • Outside guarantee
    • Inside guarantee

AQ or CC, but voted balcony as that was the closest choice.

Me too...we usually book CC which guarantees us a balcony so I selected balcony guaranteed. Interesting survey.

Edited by Hydrokitty

That it is possible that Cruise Critic members may have a slightly different demographic in their selection of a cabin booking category [inside, oceanview, balcony, suite] than does Celebrity's guest population as a whole, the answer is rather predictable statistically... As the ships tend to sail full and--on average--most staterooms are occupied by two [some more but some are occupied by solos; Celebrity likely has average occupancy predictors (in total and perhaps by market and/or sailing time)], it would seem safe to assume that the stateroom booking distribution in each of the four cabin categories is equal to the number of available cabins in each as a percentage of the total number of cabins available for sale [by ship and fleet-wide]...

With all due respect, separation of "guarantee" bookings muddy the picture in that such pricing opportunities only become available when a particular cabin category on a specific sailing is not selling as well/quickly as Celebrity first predicted that it would... Guarantees are not offered when new schedules are first announced and--on popular, well booked sailings--sometimes never show up at all...

That it is possible that Cruise Critic members may have a slightly different demographic in their selection of a cabin booking category [inside, oceanview, balcony, suite] than does Celebrity's guest population as a whole, the answer is rather predictable statistically... As the ships tend to sail full and--on average--most staterooms are occupied by two [some more but some are occupied by solos; Celebrity likely has average occupancy predictors (in total and perhaps by market and/or sailing time)], it would seem safe to assume that the stateroom booking distribution in each of the four cabin categories is equal to the number of available cabins in each as a percentage of the total number of cabins available for sale [by ship and fleet-wide]...

With all due respect, separation of "guarantee" bookings muddy the picture in that such pricing opportunities only become available when a particular cabin category on a specific sailing is not selling as well/quickly as Celebrity first predicted that it would... Guarantees are not offered when new schedules are first announced and--on popular, well booked sailings--sometimes never show up at all...

The fact is, there are x insides, y outsides, z balconies, a few suites and if the ship is full, that's all the possible votes (unless, 4 in one cabin each vote separately!)

The fact is' date=' there are x insides, y outsides, z balconies, a few suites and if the ship is full, that's all the possible votes (unless, 4 in one cabin each vote separately!)[/quote']

But the fact remains that fares associated with "guarantee" bookings [and other promotional fares] are not available when new deployment cruises are first introduced for purchase and, if a sailing sells well, are never introduced...

The intent of this survey--per the original post--is to determine the cabin category [defined as four for these purposes] respondents book and, at the end of the day, all occupy staterooms falling into one of those four categories... If the intent were to instead ascertain how many book conventionally [generally with "perks" these days] versus how many book under a "guarantee" [generally without "perks" these days; same with Resident, Senior, Military and/or First Responders fares] if/when available, it becomes a very different survey...

Apples and oranges!

Edited by Xport

I have stayed Inside, Outside, Balcony, and on Disney Concierge. Once booked a GTY for an outside (and got a balcony too low and midship for my taste, but it would never occur to me to call and fuss for a cabin change - you rolls the dice and takes your chances). Twice I've been with a group where I selected the category but the cabin was assigned. Generally I like to choose my cabins - I don't care the type as long as I'm as high and far forward as my budget will allow!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The fact is' date=' there are[b'] x insides, y outsides, z balconies[/b], a few suites and if the ship is full, that's all the possible votes (unless, 4 in one cabin each vote separately!)

Well since this is a Celebrity forum, y is correct for outsides (ocean view),

but that should be z insides, x balconies, and w suites. ;) :D

all of the above ( except suite, as we prefer to spend less and holiday more).

It all depends on price, traveling with family or not, and location, and if celebrating something or not. Ie with kids we prefer 2 inside rooms for little more over sharing one ocean view or Balcony. But wouldn't dare do a guarantee in that case. We only do guarantees when travelling as just a couple and price is significantly better.