Regal Steam and Sauna

Seeya2352

Can anyone describe what the steam and saunas are like on the regal? I know they're coed, but what else? Large rooms? Clean? Separated Changing areas with showers? Worth the $$? Used often? If you've paid for it, would you do it again?

Had use of the thermal suite. As you enter, there is a room with cucumber water and also one with citrus. You walk straight through and past the towels, into a large area with eight thermal beds (separated into a couple of areas), two water beds (not heated, I don't think), the hydrotherapy pool (wonderful!), showers and either three or four separate rooms that are dry heat or moist heat saunas. They are hot! I really enjoyed it. The thermal beds weren't very warm, though.

When we entered the spa, we showed our card with the thermal suite sticker. They gave us a bracelet that had a number on the back. It opened the corresponding locker in the men's or women's changing rooms. A robe and slippers were inside the locker. We wore our bathing suits with cover-ups to the spa, and there are places in the thermal suite to hang your robe. There are showers in the changing rooms.

Edited by CATGUY7
Grammar

Can anyone describe what the steam and saunas are like on the regal? I know they're coed, but what else? Large rooms? Clean? Separated Changing areas with showers? Worth the $$? Used often? If you've paid for it, would you do it again?

Re: price - I've noticed a lot of variation here. On ours it was over $300pp for 14 days, and that was after we bartered them down a discount for embarkation day that they were not going to do this time due to demand. (our cruise was a fully booked new years cruise). I have seen others post cheaper prices for their cruise itinerary's.

There are 2 types of steam rooms, The Caldarium, and the Turkish Hammam. To me honest, for me (on my cruise) these were really the same, just different tiles, seating etc. Both were super super hot steam rooms. Very nice and very clean. They both had hand shower hoses with cold water if you needed it, and the Turkish Hammam had a dark black tiled area with a large slab to sit on for using the complimentary body scrub. The sauna(ish) room they call Laconium. This for me wasn't that hot, just a warm room. The tiled seats felt heated to me, but may have been the room temperature.

The ceramic beds and not heated. Their advertising (on their website, on the youtube promo's, in the stateroom t.v advertising etc) states that they are heated, but they're not. The therapist on embarkation day made a big deal about ensuring we were fully aware they are not heated, due to previous customer complaints. Her excuse was that everything else is hot, so they didn't want more heat when resting........personally I think someone made a boo boo?? The ceramic beds in the thermal suites of the Grand class ships are heated, and feel therapeutic when relaxing. The Enclave's feel like laying on cold hard tiles. But everyone was doing it.... Personally if I felt like relaxing before doing a bit more, I preferred to use the relaxation lounge.

The hydro therapy pool is super hot (but comfortably so). Very nice addition.

Unlike the Thermal suites, the Enclave is not complimentary for full suite passengers.

Is it worth it....for me yes. We can justify the $$ and also use it everyday while cruising. Part of our "come back new" strategy....

... the hydrotherapy pool (wonderful!)...

Yes, the hydrotherapy pool LOOKS great and is a big selling tool as the attendants provide tours for prospects.

However, sitting in the pool and enjoying the wonderful bubbles, jets and overhead showers drizzling water down on the occupants, turn and face the steps at the entrance to the pool.

Then observe how many people exit the steam and sauna chambers and walk directly into the pool without showering: you'll soon realize that your sitting in a big, bubbling cauldron of sweat and urine.

Yummy!

Yes, the hydrotherapy pool LOOKS great and is a big selling tool as the attendants provide tours for prospects.

However, sitting in the pool and enjoying the wonderful bubbles, jets and overhead showers drizzling water down on the occupants, turn and face the steps at the entrance to the pool.

Then observe how many people exit the steam and sauna chambers and walk directly into the pool without showering: you'll soon realize that your sitting in a big, bubbling cauldron of sweat and urine.

Yummy!

Ive sailed both Regal/Royal ships 2/1 times. I enjoy the steam rooms and relaxing in the lounge across the hall. NEVER have I seen anyone go directly into the pool without showering first. Guess I was on the courteous cruise:) I believe I would have said something.

Anyway.

Singles are charged more than couples. Which I feel is wrong. I suggest you ask if anyone on your cruise would want to split the 'Couple' price with you. It will save you $25-50. They will just bill you half and the other person half. ....very easy to do. As stated the beds are Not heated....Unlike Grand Class ships, there is no Free option for Steam/Sauna rooms. Do I think the price is Outrageous? Absolutely. I use OBC to pay for the Enclave. If you can afford it or have lots of OBC....by all means enjoy it......I uee it in the Morning and before dressing for dinner on sea days and before dinner on port days.

Edited by blkspy

Thanks for the information. Urine, huh? Guess you don't go swimming with kids in the pool. And I have to admit, if I'm on deck and sweaty, I jump in the pool to cool off. Can't say I always shower first. But I keep the urine to myself. [emoji6]

Thanks for the information. Urine, huh? Guess you don't go swimming with kids in the pool. And I have to admit, if I'm on deck and sweaty, I jump in the pool to cool off. Can't say I always shower first. But I keep the urine to myself. [emoji6]

Since you questioned it, you'll easily find this online:

Sweat contains mainly water. It also contains minerals, lactate, and urea. Urea serves an important role in the metabolism of nitrogen-containing compounds by animals, and is the main nitrogen-containing substance in the urine of mammals.

And you are correct, I do not go swimming with kids in the pool: I use the Lotus Spa pool, where children are not permitted. Please tell me the next time you plan to use the Lotus Spa pool so I can skip it that day.

Most public swimming pools do have a sign stating to shower before entering the pool-- for a reason.

Public restrooms have that sign: "Employees must wash their hands before returning for work." And it's amazing how many others have reported seeing individuals leave without washing their hands. I guess they felt since they weren't employees, that it wasn't necessary to do so.

And just to be safe... if you happening to be sitting at a community table with me, please identify yourself, so I can skip the basket of rolls-- especially if they're pumpernickel.

Oh, and to clarify my comment about the bubbling cauldron of urine and sweat.... while I pointed out the technicality of urea in sweat, more fundamentally I concluded that anyone who didn't extend the courtesy of showering off before entering PROBABLY would also just let loose under the bubbles rather than inconveniencing themselves to make a trip to a urinal or rest room. Just supposition on my part.

Though I still can't get over the statement "...if I'm on deck and sweaty, I jump in the pool..."

Yummy!

Ive sailed both Regal/Royal ships 2/1 times. I enjoy the steam rooms and relaxing in the lounge across the hall. NEVER have I seen anyone go directly into the pool without showering first. Guess I was on the courteous cruise:) I believe I would have said something.

I can't say I've noticed it either. Fellow passengers have been pretty good re: courteous hygiene in my experience. I'd like to think it's not just lucky us...