Blogging from the Emerald Princess in the Caribbean

PescadoAmarillo

I agree with everyone who is saying they are only going to "clear" unoccupied chairs sitting with towels and such.

Anyone in their chair is not removed. It's only common sense folks. 4pm (well it might depend on ship time versus ET) is a good choice because that's when the final main pre-game begins. of course it has followed the pre-pre-game, and the countdown to pre-game and the early morning pre-shows, etc, etc. LOL

That brilliant comment came from one of the people at Princess headquarters and some naive people tend to believe just about anything.

Jeannie,

In case you're reading this - I think you somehow missed a paragraph in today's blog.

You seem to have gone to a resort in St. Thomas but all that's there is your walking there and then leaving.

I'm curious which resort since we are always looking for somewhere new to go there.

Hi Karen, no, nothing was accidentally left out. The place we visited is not a resort in the typical sense, more a collection of condos, and we were specifically asked not to share the information in a way that cruisers would think it was a day trip option. Sorry I can't suggest it for one of your future St. Thomas days!

Hi Jeannie,

In reading your blog I discovered we were both at the Embassy Suites on 1/3. We disembarked our Regal 14 day cruise on Sunday and flew home on Monday,

Being a die heart Browns fan, I was at Duffy's watching the final game with the Steelers so I missed the ES happy hour. When I returned to ES I went directly to my room to watch the first episode of Downton Abbey. That would have been awesome to run into you and Greg. Maybe next time our paths will cross. Happy cruising and go Broncos!

Linda

Hello! I'm still loving following your blog and there are my times I think wanted to drop you a note to say how entertaining your blog is (even if you're just writing it as your travel diary, we are all benefiting from your wonderful writing), but didn't want to cause you to eat up minutes pulling over non necessary emails...totally forgot I could write it here! Anyway, just know you and G are one of my favorite ways to start my mornings.

Emily

Hi Jeannie,

I'm following you again this year - thanks so much for the blog!

Saw your post yesterday about being the last one onboard due to wifi.

Just wanted to let you know that we have had sucess sitting on Promenade deck accessing the wifi from the terminal. You might want to check to see if its still possible.

I know you won't be online today so Hope you had a Great Superbowl Day!

C

Happy New Year! I've fired up my cruise blog again for the second part of our winter at sea. I've also added almost 200 photos to my posts since September (a whole other sport using high speed wifi at home!), if you're interested.

I hope you'll cruise along with us!

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/

Great blog! I saw some pics from Water Island on one of your posts and thought you might enjoy a blog post I wrote about Honeymoon Beach there. You can read it and see my pics here: http://www.joyfuljourneyist.com/blog/10-to-paradise

Unfortunately, the days where we had the beach to ourselves is now long gone. Another poster on the St Thomas thread shared recent info and pics of several boats coming ashore there now. I will miss our private piece of paradise!

Found your blog about the time you were boarding the Emerald. I love reading it and it is helping pass the winter days until we board on March 5th. Hope you are on then.

Congratulations of the Broncos win. We were cheering for them as well hoping Peyton would have a wonderful send off (if this is indeed his last game).

Love your blog. Makes great reading and information gathering. Thank you for taking the time. It is very much appreciated.

Like you I LOVE their gazpacho. Any chance you know what the recipe is? I keep trying different recipes but so far none are a match for Princess gazpacho. I could eat it daily.

With thanks - Midge

Hey I just heard from Darko this morning. He is still at home and hasn't come back to Princess yet...and he doesn't think they will be offering him a contract on the Emerald either. :(

I am one of losing hope too. I spoke with the maitre d' yesterday and it didn't sound hopeful. It must be a wonderful thing to have so many people interested in your whereabouts! Thanks for your update!

Like you I LOVE their gazpacho. Any chance you know what the recipe is? I keep trying different recipes but so far none are a match for Princess gazpacho. I could eat it daily.

Thanks Midge. I don't have the recipe but was planning to look at my Princess cookbook when I get home to see if it is in there. I have told DH every time we have it on the ship that I want to make it all summer. We grow tomatoes and other veggies in our garden. It can't be too hard to put a few in a blender (I don't have a food processor).

I am one of losing hope too. I spoke with the maitre d' yesterday and it didn't sound hopeful. It must be a wonderful thing to have so many people interested in your whereabouts! Thanks for your update!

I asked him about the Diamond and he seemed to think that was what they would be offering him. He also said that he would most likely refuse that contract so I wonder what that means regarding his future contracts with Princess. :confused:

"Thanks Midge. I don't have the recipe but was planning to look at my Princess cookbook when I get home to see if it is in there. I have told DH every time we have it on the ship that I want to make it all summer. We grow tomatoes and other veggies in our garden. It can't be too hard to put a few in a blender (I don't have a food processor)."

Asked a friend to check her cookbook and it is not in it. Maybe I will just ask when we are on board the Royal in March. If I get the recipe and it is scaled down so I am not making gazpacho for 3,000 I will let you know!

Midge

And a new follower - your blog was linked over on the Royal Caribbean boards in a thread talking about retiring on a cruise ship. I am now hooked, but I think I'm caught up on the most recent journeys. Just as well, I spent a lot of time reading it this week - instead of working!!!

I do have a question for you - how do you manage to book the same cabin for all your cruises - is it just booking as soon as the reservations open? What about when you add cruises later??

"It must be a wonderful thing to have so many people interested in your whereabouts!"

My dear, you have thousands! :D

Sorry to bother you WestendGirl. EmmaK8 listed you as a friend on the sight and we are trying to get a responce from them. Are you in contact with her?

I have been following along and cruising vicariously through you for years. How you blog daily without ever getting boring is beyond me - but you never fail to be entertaining!

I hope you do read these comments - since you are in Fort Lauderdale today I thought I would pass on the info that Publix is having a BOGO on Barefoot Bubbly this week! :D

So just off our quick 4 day sailing. Have to agree that Ambrish is the best steward we've had on princess. Not sure how we spent 4 days 2 cabins away from you yet never saw you! oh well. Enjoy the rest of your time. And I agree - the pillows are waaay too soft!!