Want Soda Not More Package

cruzsnooze

I drink diet soda but not mocktails or milk shakes. Many of us don't want or need the extra sugar and calories. I am sorry to see Princess eliminate the soda package. Now I will bring a 12 pack of diet coke with me and deny Princess the revenue they could have had from buying the coke package.

Maybe Princess could revisit this issue and reconsider the soda only package.

I wouldn't expect them to rethink their decision. Soda is still available to buy as you go. I know many prefer to buy it this way as they prefer Cans rather than the soda gun mix.

Also the soda and more package, is still the best value of any cruise line, offering similar products, that I have seen. Not sure what up to date prices are but with soda probably about 4 drinks throughout the day, to break about even.

So you make a choice, pay the reasonable prices charged by Princess, or go to the trouble of bringing your own cans onboard.

I drink diet soda but not mocktails or milk shakes. Many of us don't want or need the extra sugar and calories. I am sorry to see Princess eliminate the soda package. Now I will bring a 12 pack of diet coke with me and deny Princess the revenue they could have had from buying the coke package.

Marketing and making money. I don't see them bringing the soda only back, in fact sooner or later they will probably ban all water and soda being brought on board the way Carnival does. its more $$ again.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday. Last Sunday when we boarded I asked for the soda package and got it. Just the soda sticker at the old price, 36.23. It was not advertised.

That's excellent to hear! I had pre-paid for the soda-only package on the personalizer before they removed the option. I was hoping they would go ahead and honor it on our CB sailing next week! Thanks!

Marketing and making money. I don't see them bringing the soda only back, in fact sooner or later they will probably ban all water and soda being brought on board the way Carnival does. its more $$ again.

We were just on the Crown last week and to my surprise they had it and I bought it....maybe the staff doesn't know yet!! :)

They are phasing out the soda only package over time, but still offering it quietly until word gets out. Don't assume it will be available.

Yes, revenue is an issue, but to be fair they are still far far less than similar packages elsewhere so its obviously not the only issue (RCCLs version, which includes coffees - and they don't have a coffee card type program is $22 per day with fees includes, soda only is $9+ which is the same price as Princess' full package).

The bigger issue is people had a lot of confusion as to what you could and could not get on each package, which sticker was which, etc, so its far easier on the staff just to have one package that covers a set of items.

The bigger issue is people had a lot of confusion as to what you could and could not get on each package, which sticker was which, etc, so its far easier on the staff just to have one package that covers a set of items.

This is not about staff, it's about passengers, this is a service industry. Train your staff better to serve your customers.

I agree with you. My husband gets the soda only sticker and drinks diet coke, none of the more stuff.

So if Princess won't be offering it anymore, than I guess he will just purchase the can of soda as he goes. I doubt we will bring soda on board with us.

We will ask once onboard for just the soda only sticker and see what happens.

On our last cruise I pre purchased the soda only sticker and that worked out well.

Julie

Are any of the "sparkling" waters or Club Soda or Tonic water available on the Soda Only or Soda and More packages?.

Yes, however most sodas are fountain at the bars. I believe only root beer and cream soda were from a can.

Once I discovered Root Beer was from a can, that was what I kept ordering.

The issue was not with training, it was with constant 'why can't I get a milkshake with this! that person did!' and people trying to game the system (which I have personally observed).

This is not about staff, it's about passengers, this is a service industry. Train your staff better to serve your customers.

Does the Soda and More package come with a reusable cup?

I believe all the soda packages come with the reusable cup. But you are not required to use the cup to get your soda on the ship And in fact we always ask not to take the cup with us at all.After so many cruises you can only have so many cups in your cupboard at home .

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

Trying to get pricing for drinks,..beer, wine to see if packages are worth it. I see the beer specials on the personalizer but it only lists 4-5 kinds. I hope Miller Lite is available onboard. Is there a pricing list somewhere?? Thanks.

How much less was the soda only package . I see the Unlimited Soda & More Package is $8.05 a day .

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

I think this is a pretty good price for the & More part of the deal .

On my last Ruby cruise it was $5+ per day.

I am well aware of that. ;)

$2 to $3 per day.
On my last Ruby cruise it was $5+ per day.
I am well aware of that. ;)

I don't understand . If you are well aware of this why did you post half that amount ? :confused:

I thought it was about $5+ . That's why a 3 buck premium for the & More is a good deal (if you use it at all).

I don't understand . If you are well aware of this why did you post half that amount ? :confused:

I thought it was about $5+ . That's why a 3 buck premium for the & More is a good deal (if you use it at all).

You asked the difference in price for the soda package versus the soda and more didn't you?

I said $2 to $3 per day.

Edited by Colo Cruiser