price of one can of soda on board?

Jetswdo

I have always done the soda package- For my next cruise, I think I would be cheaper just purchasing a can of soda occasionally on board. Can someone please just let me know the price (including service charge) for just one can of soda? (unfortunately the link that someone was kind enough to post with all the prices, is above my computer skills)- thanks in advance for the info. Anita

I have always done the soda package- For my next cruise, I think I would be cheaper just purchasing a can of soda occasionally on board. Can someone please just let me know the price (including service charge) for just one can of soda? (unfortunately the link that someone was kind enough to post with all the prices, is above my computer skills)- thanks in advance for the info. Anita

As I recall it was $1.95 for a can of soda which with tip is about $2.25.

We bring our soda onboard but even if not we'd have to have more than 2 cans of soda per day to make the soda package cost effective & we also do not like the taste of the fountain soda from a bar's drink gun.

Edited by Astro Flyer

was this a recent price?

On Princess, I bring on board decalf diet coke cans for myself- Depending on how many sea days vs. port days is how we figure out whether or not just to get bev. package for dh--- On our upcoming 7 day cruise there will be just 1 sea day-

So my dh figured out that 12 cans would be sufficient for him for the cruise- just a couple of cans maybe at night----so it looks like for this cruise, we shouldn't bother with the soda package--He was ok with fountain soda, no real preference. If it would be with $10 or so, then he would just get the package again.....

Another option is to buy 6 cans (order from room service). As I recall (and it has been 2 or 3 years), this was a cheaper option than buying just one can. Maybe I'm wrong, and the price was still $2.25/can -- not sure.

was this a recent price?

On Princess, I bring on board decalf diet coke cans for myself- Depending on how many sea days vs. port days is how we figure out whether or not just to get bev. package for dh--- On our upcoming 7 day cruise there will be just 1 sea day-

So my dh figured out that 12 cans would be sufficient for him for the cruise- just a couple of cans maybe at night----so it looks like for this cruise, we shouldn't bother with the soda package--He was ok with fountain soda, no real preference. If it would be with $10 or so, then he would just get the package again.....

As I recall that was the price in October on the Crown.

My wife prefers Coke Zero so she brings that on the ship. Also have read posts saying that on some ships the soda only package was not available on the ship (some could preorder it) & the Soda & More was the only option.

Another option is to buy 6 cans (order from room service). As I recall (and it has been 2 or 3 years), this was a cheaper option than buying just one can. Maybe I'm wrong, and the price was still $2.25/can -- not sure.

Yes, under the Beverages & Cellars portion of the Gifts section they show a discount to preorder cans of soda which I recall was also available on the ship from Room Service. Based on this pricing cans of soda are $2.30 which includes the 15% gratuity which reduces the price to $1.92 when purchasing 6 cans of soda.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Canned Soda Package

Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

Item #2311 $11.50

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I have my decalf cans, that I bring at night--- The non alcoholic soda package worked out well for dh---but there were a lot of sea days where he drank equal to 3 cans a day, maybe- lunch and dinner- on port days maybe 2 at most.

We will be eating most nights at the buffet for this one; he just wants to order 2 cans and a glass of ice from wait staff in there---- So that would be 12 to 14 cans at the most (there is one sea day) Dh doesn't care if he signs for the soda vs. the card, if it just is a lot cheaper..... any way- if it is still not more than $2.25 per can: that would be $31.50 or so vs. $56.35 that soda package would cost. A $25.00 difference. So just want to make sure that presently a can of soda with service charge is still around $2.25 each- then my math would be right!