Princess, don't take away pillow chocolates.

Loreni

Princess is actually looking at replacing the daily chocolates with Norman Love chocobanana. As those are much more expensive, if that happens, you'll still get your chocolates but only twice during a cruise.

Only on Formal evenings, evenings that your are likely to be less hungry at bed time than on non-formal evenings.

If you go on a 7 day cruise with the lousy chocolate @ $0.50 per piece, you are getting $7 worth of chocolate. A bit of an overreaction to the loss of $7 worth of candy in my opinion. If you really need that candy, bring a bag on board and have your spouse put them on the pillow for you.

DON

I suspect the price to Princess is between 5 cents and 10 cents.

I have a saying "My idea of roughing it is no chocolates on my pillow". After being a stay-at-home mom and CEO of our family for 33 years. New towels everyday is part of the vacation to me. It is a luxury I enjoy as much as the fancy food and entertainment. When I come back to my cabin at night and the lights are dimmed and the bed is turned down and that little piece of chocolate is on my pillow, it makes me feel good.

If more people decline turn-down service etc., the cruise lines would probably start cutting staff and I doubt those savings would be passed on to the traveler.

... If you really need that candy, bring a bag on board and have your spouse put them on the pillow for you.

DON

And next to the candy you pack, throw in some soap, shampoo, toilet paper, and facial tissue. Pack those on top of the towels, sheets and pillow cases you'll need to bring for your bed and a fan if you want to feel cool in your room.

Good idea on embarkation day to immediately race on board to make reservations for a specific time to use a washer & dryer in the laundromat-- if you'd like clean sheets during your cruise. The reserved time for the washer and dryer is also a good time to reserve one of the vacuum cleaners you can check out to vacuum your stateroom floor. They'll be a dispenser to purchase packets of glass-, toilet- and all-purpose- cleaning solutions, as well as rags and a mop.

Welcome to the newly branded SPIRIT CRUISE LINES f/k/a Princess.

SATIRE intended as dry humor and a commentary on Princess "nickle & dime " cuts.

I just wish they would stop paying big bucks to "celebrity" chefs (Norman Love, Curtis Stone) for their name/menu items.

They should have enough talent in-house to design appealing menus.

Just my opinion.

Totally agree!

As for the pillow chocolates - we throw them away as they taste stale to us.

Only on Formal evenings, evenings that your are likely to be less hungry at bed time than on non-formal evenings.

Do I have to wear a tux or a dark suit to get my chocolate in my room or will I be fine with a pair of khakis and a polo shirt? LOL ;)