Regal - afternoon no fee tea in MDR

h-sar

Does anyone know if Regal has done away with this entirely in favour of the for-fee tea in the Piazza? I looked for it in the Patters everyday during our New Year's cruise and only saw the Piazza tea.

thnks

I have not been on the Regal yet ,but on the Royal the tea in the dining room was not listed as an event in the Patter. However: tea was listed on the back of the Patter along with the dining times.

Argghhh! Can't believe I missed the warm scones and clotted cream due to an oversight on my part. Oh, well, more than made up for it with extra Alfedo's pizzas and pastas!

Will know better to check the entire Patter next time. thnks!

No disrespect to the OP intended...but it's amazing how many times you hear about people not bothering to read the back page of the Patter where the dining info is. Even if on fixed seating dinner one never knows what they might be missing.

But if I was so confident as to be able to anticipate the schedule I would have just shown up at the Deck 6 midship MDR at 3:30 one afternoon on a whim. ;)

For fee tea? Does that really mean we have to pay for hot tea?

The "for-fee Tea" reference is to the event of Afternoon Tea and not the beverage on its own.

On Royal and Regal Princess, and on certain ships in Asia, there is a premium Afternoon Tea service offered. For $10 you get a choice of tea blends, a bowl of fresh berries and a serving of warm pudding in addition to the sandwiches and scones (which I believe are the same as those served at the regular open seating Tea at 3:30 each day in the MDR)

Edited by fishywood

The "for-fee Tea" reference is to the event of Afternoon Tea and not the beverage on its own.

On Royal and Regal Princess, and on certain ships in Asia, there is a premium Afternoon Tea service offered. For $10 you get a choice of tea blends, a bowl of fresh berries and a serving of warm pudding in addition to the sandwiches and scones (which I believe are the same as those served at the regular open seating tea at 3:30 each day in the MDR)

And for an additional $10 they'll add a glass of champagne.

I have not been on the Regal yet ,but on the Royal the tea in the dining room was not listed as an event in the Patter. However: tea was listed on the back of the Patter along with the dining times.

You missed it. It was held in the Concerto DR everyday at 3:30-4:30 PM.

No disrespect to the OP intended...but it's amazing how many times you hear about people not bothering to read the back page of the Patter where the dining info is. Even if on fixed seating dinner one never knows what they might be missing.

But if I was so confident as to be able to anticipate the schedule I would have just shown up at the Deck 6 midship MDR at 3:30 one afternoon on a whim. ;)

Still kicking myself for ignoring the back page! All the more reason to book another Regal cruise :D:D

Yes, I discovered this same thing on a recent cruise on the Grand. I never saw it listed in the patter but then mentioned it to other guests and they said they now post it as part of their dining times. I wonder if this cut down on the guests wanting to take tea.

You have to pay extra for afternoon tea now?! That is disappointing. I haven't been on Princess for about two years but am traveling on the Regal in just over a week and was looking forward to the afternoon tea. Not sure it's worth $10 pp though. :(

The free afternoon tea is still available but on the Royal and Regal another (for a fee) tea is also offered (see post #9 for a description of the premium tea).

Edited by capriccio

Yes, I discovered this same thing on a recent cruise on the Grand. I never saw it listed in the patter but then mentioned it to other guests and they said they now post it as part of their dining times. I wonder if this cut down on the guests wanting to take tea.

On the Royal it was listed in the body of the Patter as well as on the back. I don't know just how crowded it was as we never go since it's much to close to our dinner time.

Traditional free tea time is 3:30 on deck 6 in the main dining room on all Princess ships.

On Royal and Regal, there is an additional tea served in the atrium that has a fee of 10.00. It includes more items than the dining room tea.

It is also the time the cookies and milk cart rolls around in the atrium with fresh baked cookies warm from the oven to be enjoyed by those that don't want tea. :D

Edited by Mom33

When we were on the Royal steel drum lessons were going on in the Piazza during the paid for tea. Not the atmosphere I would expect .

On Regal, we had a lovely 4 piece string quartet that really added to the atmosphere. The steel drum lessons were in Club 6.

When we were on the Royal steel drum lessons were going on in the Piazza during the paid for tea. Not the atmosphere I would expect .

Poor scheduling by someone in the CD's crew. On the Regal, the Polonia string quartet usually performed during tea time. :D

It is also the time the cookies and milk cart rolls around in the atrium with fresh baked cookies warm from the oven to be enjoyed by those that don't want tea. :D

Never seen or heard of the cookies and milk. It is certainly not in Patter. Of course, we have only been on 17 Princess cruises, maybe we just missed the ships that have it.