Coral princess cruise Cruise from Hell

1MKS1128

Just returned from Coral Princess . 6 day W Carrib. It was so bad we were given $100 OBC per person Half of the cost of the cruise back , excursion credits back so on and so forth. The six day cruise turned into 5 sea days due to Tech problems. No hot water , toilets no flushing no MUTS, Internet problems, Skipped ports , multiple tech problems. Bearings on starboard side shot. We were informed that the trip from Bermuda after dry dock was almost double. We left Everglades knowing there was a problem. This was my third cruise this month with Princess all this month had problems. The other two were B2B. January 14 -Jan23 on the Emerald. I will rethink my three future cruises with Princess. Three in a row more than coincidence ? I have a total of 27 cruises 12 with Princess Just saying..........

Just pff the same cruise on the Coral. While she was not without issues I also believe it is up to each individual to make the most out of each situation. We were with 3 other couples and had a great cruise. Sure we might not have had the warmest water or water at all at times and we missed a port due to mechanical problems. Yet we were happily sitting near a pool, enjoying good food and drink. Most of all enjoying each other's friendships. Oh yes. We were compensated as well. More than we anticipated.

This does not sound encouraging. We board the Coral Princess in 20 days for a partial transit of the Panama Canal. This does not sound like the Princess I have known from the past. I would think (hope?) that Princess will put forth an extra effort to eliminate the problems by then. As I write this the Coral Princess is enroute to Oranjestad, Aruba. I would think (hope) they got things working again.

Just pff the same cruise on the Coral. While she was not without issues I also believe it is up to each individual to make the most out of each situation. We were with 3 other couples and had a great cruise. Sure we might not have had the warmest water or water at all at times and we missed a port due to mechanical problems. Yet we were happily sitting near a pool, enjoying good food and drink. Most of all enjoying each other's friendships. Oh yes. We were compensated as well. More than we anticipated.

I agree with all you said.

My niece and I were also on this cruise. Yes, there were plenty of problems, but the food was abundant and real good, the shows were fun to watch and the trivia and other games were a hoot, BOGO drinks. Great crew. Met some great people, Enjoyed it all. Except for the cold showers.

Even with all those issues, I'm so glad to have been able to go and spend some time with my niece.

Edited by tere247

While it sounds as though the Coral had many problems post-drydock, I am curious as to the problems you encountered on the Emerald in January. We were on a B2B2B on the Emerald, January 4-23 and had a wonderful, problem-free cruise. We enjoyed every minute, and I'd be hard pressed to find anything about which to complain. JMHO.

It's all perception. One of the best cruises I have ever done was to Alaska with Celebrity. On the third day two other passengers approached me to sign a petition to the Captain complaining about a lot of things. I was not even aware of these issues, I was just having a ball and seeing so many new sights, being looked after and lovinfpg it. On a MSC cruise our toilet broke down in the middle of the night, needed two visits from maintenance to get it right. Speaking about it the next day, another passenger said "oh no your cruise has been ruined". Not likely, fixed, move on.

I agree with all you said.

My niece and I were also on this cruise. Yes, there were plenty of problems, but the food was abundant and real good, the shows were fun to watch and the trivia and other games were a hoot, BOGO drinks. Great crew. Met some great people, Enjoyed it all. Except for the cold showers.

Even with all those issues, I'm so glad to have been able to go and spend some time with my niece.

I want fellow passengers like you on my future cruises!:D

An optimist and a pessimist. Not sure which one I would be.

Always aim to be the optimist. It's not always easy but you'll have a much better time. Our last med cruise we had no luggage for 21 days. It would have been very easy to sink into that pessimist role and it would have been game over. "It will be alright in the end, and if it's not alright, it's not the end". I learnt a very valuable lesson that trip.

Bravo to the people on this thread you made the best of a bad situation!

The attitude of the original poster reminds me of my first wife....the others remind me my wife now.

Hmmmm, no wonder I'm 100 times happier now! I'm also glad Princess is giving discounts as they should.

By the way l, let me know when you go on your next cruise, I want to have you there as a passenger with us! :)

I also am a believer of making the best of things.

Our first cruise we didn't know what to expect anyway ! Our 2nd on Celebrity we had to skip 2 ports and one night it was so rough we could hardly keep stuff on our dining table ! What was the background music they were playing ? The theme music from "Titanic" .

On our 3rd cruise (carnival) my SO got food poisoning the last night at sea !

On one of our Princess cruises the toilet wasn't flushing properly - inconvenient yes, but not a disaster ! Had to make a couple trips to a public rest room which gave us some exercise.

Recently we lost water to our home for 1/2 a day . Oh dear, who do I complain to ! Shall I move ? The city didn't compensate us either !

Sometimes you just have to make the best of situations. At 80 years old I go with the flow - if it's flowing !

It's all perception. One of the best cruises I have ever done was to Alaska with Celebrity. On the third day two other passengers approached me to sign a petition to the Captain complaining about a lot of things. I was not even aware of these issues, I was just having a ball and seeing so many new sights, being looked after and lovinfpg it. On a MSC cruise our toilet broke down in the middle of the night, needed two visits from maintenance to get it right. Speaking about it the next day, another passenger said "oh no your cruise has been ruined". Not likely, fixed, move on.

WOW! What nerve to approach another passenger to sign a petition of complaints. Saw a video of something like that on Carnival, the captain had a mutiny going on. It was started by a lawyer who was on board. Probably ambulance chasing going on there. There's emotional vampires no matter where you go!

P.S. The mutiny was over a missed port!

Edited by elliair

This does not sound encouraging. We board the Coral Princess in 20 days for a partial transit of the Panama Canal. This does not sound like the Princess I have known from the past. I would think (hope?) that Princess will put forth an extra effort to eliminate the problems by then. As I write this the Coral Princess is enroute to Oranjestad, Aruba. I would think (hope) they got things working again.

We also board the 25th. Hope things are much better.

While it sounds as though the Coral had many problems post-drydock, I am curious as to the problems you encountered on the Emerald in January. We were on a B2B2B on the Emerald, January 4-23 and had a wonderful, problem-free cruise. We enjoyed every minute, and I'd be hard pressed to find anything about which to complain. JMHO.

I was on January 14 to January 23. Varnish flaking on the balcony railing , floor of balcony had white Stuff all over it as well as seagull poop, area around balcony very dirty with black soot, fire in the incinerator alarm were off 11pm not over until several hours later and previous passenger had used the shower curtain as a handkerchief. I had paid an upcharge for the balcony and was recovering from eye surgery that was done two days before the trip. My expectations were for clean quiet peaceful nothing fancy . Never expected boogers in the bathroom

They have 19 days to get it right. I am going to be optimistic, yet keep in mind Murphy's Law. We have been on Princess before. It is hard to believe they screwed up that bad on that recent cruise. Nothing ever is perfect and problems are to be expected, but that cruise was a major screw-up.

Fortunately those poor people who put up a lot of money are being compensated. There are some that think you should just sit back and take it as some kind of life experience, but if it were not for those who demand what they paid for, most likely there would be no compensation.

I have never complained about a cruise before and we have enjoyed every one we have been on. (We have only been on 5 not counting 3 MSTS cruises.) Maybe we were just lucky. I demand what they promise; nothing more and nothing less.

The reality is on every cruise you are going to have 3000 different opinions because every single person's circumstances are different. Things that are minor nuisances to person A are big issues to person B (the simplest example I can give was from about 15 years ago. Weather made the ship skip Nassau. Honestly most people didn't care at all. It's Nassau. Except the party getting married there that day. They were a bit bummed).

People interact with different staff, are on different parts of the ship at different times, etc.

In short, one person's 'cruise from hell' and another's 'best cruise ever' can be both perfectly valid positions depending on circumstances (and reasonable expectations)

In short, one person's 'cruise from hell' and another's 'best cruise ever' can be both perfectly valid positions depending on circumstances (and reasonable expectations)

Except, of course, the "boogers in the bathroom" thinger.