Water Packages

Mvwingnut

If we order the water bottle package and want more during the cruise can they be ordered from room service for the 12 for $6.90?

We ordered 2 for our 15 day in March, figuring we'd refill all day with tap water, and then only need to buy a couple at most. Good question though, I'm sure someone will know soon! :D

From the Cruise Personalyzer under Beverage Packages..

Get more and save with pre-paid beverage packages

Packages are not added to your booking until they are paid for. They will also be available to purchase onboard. Prices include gratuity.

Description in the online beverage package listings says For pre-cruise purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer

But I too am interested if anyone has been able to buy the package from room service once onboard. Getting a dozen bottles for the onboard price of four is worth the effort of pre-ordering, even if you have to guess how many dozen we will need for the week. I plan to order one dozen and if we need more just refill them from the large bottle in the cabin (assuming your steward still leaves one there if you have the dozen small bottles ordered).

Description in the online beverage package listings says For pre-cruise purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer

But I too am interested if anyone has been able to buy the package from room service once onboard. Getting a dozen bottles for the onboard price of four is worth the effort of pre-ordering, even if you have to guess how many dozen we will need for the week. I plan to order one dozen and if we need more just refill them from the large bottle in the cabin (assuming your steward still leaves one there if you have the dozen small bottles ordered).

LOL.. That's in direct conflict with what it says in the Personalyzer.. Not really surprising though.. :rolleyes:

I gifted myself two cases packages of water for our next cruise in April. I like the convenience of being able to carry a bottle with me while out and about. I haven't seen a statement saying that I can buy more for that price once onboard. I am not sure that is allowed.

LOL.. That's in direct conflict with what it says in the Personalyzer.. Not really surprising though.. :rolleyes:

Yep, par for the course. Unless someone chimes in to say they were able to I doubt such a highly discounted offer would be available after sailing. Though I might just print out a screenshot of my Personalizer just for the sake of asking when I am on Emerald next month.

Yep, par for the course. Unless someone chimes in to say they were able to I doubt such a highly discounted offer would be available after sailing. Though I might just print out a screenshot of my Personalizer just for the sake of asking when I am on Emerald next month.

Yeah, I'm not chancing it. I ordered two cases for our upcoming cruise.. :D

Just curious, but why pay that much for bottled water when there are reusable options out there? We backed this as a Kickstarter project and are happy with the product:

http://nakedfilter.com

Also picked up 2 of these, very handy especially with a carabiner.

http://hydawaybottle.com

Just some suggestions.

From the Cruise Personalyzer under Beverage Packages..

Get more and save with pre-paid beverage packages

Packages are not added to your booking until they are paid for. They will also be available to purchase onboard. Prices include gratuity.

This is what my Gift area states:

Bottled Water Package

Stay hydrated and refreshed throughout your cruise with 12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to your stateroom. Price includes service charge.

For pre-cruise purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer Item #0526 $6.90

for 12 (500 ml) bottles

Is this spring water?

It was purified water on the CB, and they left a voucher in our room so could have the water delivered (all at once) when we wanted it. We also traded all the soda in our mini bar set up for water, so we ended up with more than enough for the week.

Just curious, but why pay that much for bottled water when there are reusable options out there?

To each their own. For me, it is simply convenience (laziness). Crack open, pour back, dispose or recycle when no longer needed.

I ordered a flat for my cabin. Cant beat $6

Thank you all for posting about the water package. I'm Princess Elite and never knew about it before. I usually just bought bottles of water after sailing. Just bought the package for my February 2017 Hawaii sailing.

You folks are a wealth of information!!

It is new and I appreciate folks posting about it. One interesting thing though is that it isn't shown on the Beverage link that is at the bottom of the first Cruise Personalizer screen but it does appear if you select "Onboard Reservations" in the upper right corner and then select "Beverage Packages" on the next screen. I ordered 12 for our upcoming cruise and got an email receipt from Princess for the $6.90 although it doesn't say what it is for and the purchase doesn't appear on the Travel Summary either. I plan on printing everything I can just in case the water doesn't show up on the ship!

I ordered 2 cases for our summer cruise. You can't beat the price and not having the lug the water on board or buying it in European port. I hate lugging around big sized refill bottles and keeping them clean. We'll def reuse the water bottles once when we go to the gym then recycle!

I ordered 2 cases for our summer cruise. You can't beat the price and not having the lug the water on board or buying it in European port. I hate lugging around big sized refill bottles and keeping them clean. We'll def reuse the water bottles once when we go to the gym then recycle!

I cannot agree with you more. I think this is new and just saw it a few minutes ago in my cruise personalizer. We sail out of our home port quite often and take a case of water with us -- now, we won't have to do that anymore. The price is reasonable so ordering a case for ourselves right now. We always trade in our sodas from the mini bar set up for bottles of water as well ... that will be just enough for us.