What do YOU typically do on embarkation?

DISCruiser2009

Personally, I never eat first thing as there is plenty of time for that later. I go up to the highest

public deck (skipping the accommodation only decks) working my way all the way down. Get to see the layout of the ship and get a feel for the fellow passengers.

Depends on when we get on the ship. Usually it's right around lunch and I do like my meals. After that we acquaint ourselves with the ship itself. Find out where some of the things we like to do are going to be.

Then we find the martini bar, and a couple of other favorite places.

First thing is go to my cabin and drop off my carry-ons. On the Royal, I would head to Alfredo's for lunch - its not busy and many folks think it costs extra. Since the Royal is quite large, I would take the opportunity to do the "treasure hunt" - you will be given a card at embarkation. Great opportunity to find out where things are and you might win something. Also a chance to make any specialty dining reservations, visit the kids club (even if you don't have kids its a cool area on the Royal).

Then, head up to the pool, have a drink and relax until its time for muster drill. Then, enjoy sailaway!

Most of all, have fun!

We drop our carry on in the cabin and try to meet our steward so we can ask for a mattress topper and a top sheet on the bed. We try to get our bottle of sparkling wine delivered so it can be chilled and ready (I typically pre-purchase it so there is a card for it already in the cabin). We then go and purchase the AIBP. We then get lunch at the grill and lido deck pizzeria. After lunch we find the barstools that overlook the center pool area to hopefully enjoy some sunshine and cocktails. After muster we go back up to the top decks to enjoy the sail away party. Embarkation is so exciting!

We drop our carry-on bags in our cabin, lock our passports and wallets in the safe, and then go to lunch in the dining room if it's still open or the International Cafe if we're too late for lunch in the dining room. I avoid the buffet if possible, especially on the first afternoon. After lunch, we go back to the cabin to change into swimsuits for a quick dip before the muster drill. After the muster drill, we go back to our cabin for a glass of wine at sailaway if we have a balcony cabin. That's when we also call our mothers before getting out of cellphone range.

Bags in room, valuables in safe, quick skim over any paperwork that is different than expected, on to luncheon in the dining room with a traditional mojito - toast being on another cruise. Back to stateroom, unpack carry ons, call parents to tell them all is well, turn off phones.

If great weather, up on deck until muster, attend muster, unpack checked bags, Elite lounge for drinks and snack and/or to meet friends, on to dinner.

Luncheon in the dining room with a mojito is a must. That is the official start of our cruise, although Alfredo's with a Stella has substituted when we board later than planned.

Edited by ggprincess2004

First thing is go to my cabin and drop off my carry-ons. On the Royal, I would head to Alfredo's for lunch - its not busy and many folks think it costs extra. Since the Royal is quite large, I would take the opportunity to do the "treasure hunt" - you will be given a card at embarkation. Great opportunity to find out where things are and you might win something. Also a chance to make any specialty dining reservations, visit the kids club (even if you don't have kids its a cool area on the Royal).

Then, head up to the pool, have a drink and relax until its time for muster drill. Then, enjoy sailaway!

Most of all, have fun!

Our first Princess cruise is coming up in May, what is this "Treasure Hunt"? Always love a good challenge

I really enjoy the spinning classes but learned the hard way years ago that unless you go to the gym as soon as you board and place your name on the spinning clipboard you may get shut out. The only time you can use the spinning cycles is during one of the classes. Nice way to knock off a few pounds before attaching the International Cafe.....again.

Go right to the cabin and drop off carryon luggage, put passports, credit cards, etc. in the safe, meet Stewart or Stewartess, if available and head for IC or open Dining Room. If I was on Royal or Regal, I would go to Alfredo's. Have a beverage (or two), get to know the ship if it is new to us. (Our next cruise is on the Coral and we have not sailed her or the Island.) Make some Dining reservations for Steak House. Go back to cabin and wait for Muster, then repeat from Have a beverage (or two).:):)