MLB Playoffs

jpcello

I leave on October 8th for a 7-night NE/Canada cruise on Regal. My team (Washington Nationals) will be playing that entire week. What are the chances I'll see it at one of the bars onboard?

On the plus side, they'll probably get the afternoon games, and since we're in the US for 3 of the 5 ports, I can probably get it on my phone.

Sailed a CA Coastal in mid-October 2015 & the Patters do not show any baseball playoff games on MUTS...only NFL games. I don't recall whether MLB playoffs were on cabin TVs or in any bars but might have been shown if broadcast on ESPN International.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Last year I was on the Crown 28 day South Pacific cruise during playoffs and World Series. The division and league championship games were available on the cabin televisions although at least twice we had to call and remind PSD to turn on the channel that showed the game. The World Series games (except the last) were shown on MUTS and not on cabin televisions. Because of the time differences they were all in the afternoon and it was super hot. The last game was on Sunday and the cruise director decided to show football instead on MUTS. I don't think they intended to show the World Series game at all until many people started calling the PSD. About 1 PM they finally announced that the World Series game would be broadcast in Explorers. That turned out to be the final game where Kansas City defeated the Mets. Princess was extremely unresponsive to those of us who wanted to see the World Series games. Yes, we got to see almost all of them, but it should not have been such a hassle to deal with those responsible for showing them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

my hubby is wondering the same thing for sports. We will be on the Grand Princess from Oct-5-15 to the Mexican Riviera. He is hoping the SF Giants make it and wants to see the games.

I think they have some games at Snookers?

We were on Star last year for CA coastal - I remember love boat reruns and the bridge cam - but do we get any other major network (news) in our rooms?

When we were on the grand for the WS it was shown on both MUTTS and in the Vista lounge. Princess provided popcorn and you could order drinks from the wait staff. Actually a lot of fun. Since we were sailing out of SF lots more Giants fans but a sprinkling of Royals fans as well.

Many years ago we did the Baltics at the time of the World Cup and princess filled the theater to a raucous crowd. Lots of Europeans on board.

I suspect if they believe they can generate a crowd and sell some drinks you may see some of the games in a theater or lounge.