Beach Day Recommendation

Misty_Que

We are a group of 10 adults looking to have a quiet relaxing beach day in Antigua.

We are looking for somewhere that has nice clean facilities, good food choices, chairs and umbrellas. Even a resort with a day pass. What are your favourites for a peaceful relaxing day away from the mobs but also not too far from the port, and not too pricey. Thanks!

We are a group of 10 adults looking to have a quiet relaxing beach day in Antigua.

We are looking for somewhere that has nice clean facilities, good food choices, chairs and umbrellas. Even a resort with a day pass. What are your favourites for a peaceful relaxing day away from the mobs but also not too far from the port, and not too pricey. Thanks!

The best two places for your consideration are JACQUI O's and CECILIA'S look nowhere else.

Both are shabby chic class with excellent service, food, drinks, facilities and are "well away" from the Cruise Herds, no matter how many ships are in port.

JO is closed on a Monday and is closest to the Port.

Cecilia's has a lower price point and slightly further away

Book your lunch and day in advance.

Whoever you select there will be no disappointment.

JACQUI O's - https://www.facebook.com/

CECILIA'S - http://highpointantigua.com/

Edited by PORT ROYAL

The best two places for your consideration are JACQUI O's and CECILIA'S look nowhere else.

Both are shabby chic class with excellent service, food, drinks, facilities and are "well away" from the Cruise Herds, no matter how many ships are in port.

Apologises, the menu prices posted on Cecelia's are in ECB approx ECB 2.65 to 1 USD

Thank you PORTROYAL. Cecelia's is closed the day we are there so waiting to hear back from Jacqui O's now.

Happy to assist.

Lance, Jacqui and the Team will ensure you have a wonderful day.

Welcome to the club. :)

PS: Remember to sign the visitors book, along with many other nice people.

You'll never know who will on the island at the same time, and just happen drop bye ;-)

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Where is Jaqui-O exactly and how does one contact them? Michelle, I think we are on the same cruise- Anthem Jan. 26.

Yes we are! They have a Facebook page and I just messaged them through there. They got back to me in a day but I won't know a cost until November. I assume they are increasing their prices as are some other tour operators I have spoken to for our cruise.

Yes we are! They have a Facebook page and I just messaged them through there. They got back to me in a day but I won't know a cost until November. I assume they are increasing their prices as are some other tour operators I have spoken to for our cruise.

Keep me posted. But I am still not clear on where it is located. Are you?

JO is at the Northen end (start) of Turners Beach, just passed Darkwood Beach on Valley Road.

Do you know how much a cab will cost to get there? And do you know how much the day pass is and what it all includes? They didn't provide me with any information and said they will contact me in November :confused:

Do you know how much a cab will cost to get there? And do you know how much the day pass is and what it all includes? They didn't provide me with any information and said they will contact me in November :confused:

Shared taxi is about $8.00 pp each way.

Private taxi is $35.00 with tip each way.

Not a day pass establishment. It is a class restaurant and bar which has beds for the use of clients.

Maybe JO will now offer a day pass in November 2016

I just found out that one of the Rex resorts has a day pass for $60 according to the AntiguaNice web site. I sent the resort an e mail yesterday but so far no reply.

Depends when you are going - we were turned down for our request this coming January because the hotel is full. They don't need to sell day passes in high season. We went last year in November, no problem but January they said no.

Depends when you are going - we were turned down for our request this coming January because the hotel is full. They don't need to sell day passes in high season. We went last year in November, no problem but January they said no.

I just sent them a general inquiry with no dates but still no reply. But we will be there in high season. Where would you suggest that time of year?

I just sent them a general inquiry with no dates but still no reply. But we will be there in high season. Where would you suggest that time of year?

Seem to remember that Sandals offer a day pass for less than $150.00, but not knowing if this price is for the high season. Could be worth an ask.

We are still trying to figure this out ourselves. We prefer a day pass so that lunch is included; we don't care about water sports.

Seem to remember that Sandals offer a day pass for less than $150.00, but not knowing if this price is for the high season. Could be worth an ask.

IMO, that is way too much money. I think you're paying more for the name but you do get water sports included, so I guess that is why it is so expensive.

We are still trying to figure this out ourselves. We prefer a day pass so that lunch is included; we don't care about water sports.

IMO, that is way too much money. I think you're paying more for the name but you do get water sports included, so I guess that is why it is so expensive.

I agree with you and also looking for somewhere that offers a day pass including lunch. Jacqui O's seems to offer that yet I have no idea how much it is going to cost. May have to look into an alternative back up just in case.

I agree with you and also looking for somewhere that offers a day pass including lunch. Jacqui O's seems to offer that yet I have no idea how much it is going to cost. May have to look into an alternative back up just in case.

To date, JO have never offered a day pass. But no can never know what the future may bring. If JO did, then $100.00 would probably be the starting point.

• 1 month later...

Thank you! I emailed Cecilia's today and have my reservation. This is exactly what my husband was looking for. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I emailed Cecilia's today and have my reservation. This is exactly what my husband was looking for. [emoji106]

Appreciate the feedback. I know you both will have a memorable day, and feel shure there will be many future visits. :D

Welcome to the Club :)

What is the e mail address and what does she charge for chairs, umbrellas,etc. Earlier on this thread someone posted that the rates will go up in November but did not know what they would be.

Thanks

What is the e mail address and what does she charge for chairs, umbrellas,etc. Earlier on this thread someone posted that the rates will go up in November but did not know what they would be.

Thanks

Book your Lunch and day in advance: http://highpointantigua.com/contact-us/

C's is not a grab a bed and umbrella place.